Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason responds to Gruden's criticism

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

"It was a little slippery out there and I slipped on one play where Gruden referred to me as a fish out of water," Beason said, per Steve Reed of CarolinaGrowl.com. "I appreciate it. It's just a little added motivation, more fuel to the fire. When I see coach Gruden I'll let him know how I feel about it."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/17/jon-beason-bristles-at-jon-gruden-criticism/

Yea i posted a florio article, and yea, he got a couple of shots in, but ill keep this about Beason this time.

Posted · Report post

It's not like Gruden crucified him on TV. He didn't seem critical at all. :confused:

Posted · Report post

I think Beason overreacted to the comments.

But you know PFT loves to stir the pot.

Posted · Report post

PFT loves to stir the pot.

I think that may have more to do with it than Beason.

Posted · Report post

u posted a florio article..... wtf? off with your head!!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

To me the most shocking thing about that article was that Beason played the SAM last year.

Posted · Report post

2s6rd38.jpg

Posted · Report post

Florio didn't even link the source article. Here's the real one..

“It was a little slippery out there and I slipped on one play where Gruden referred to me as a fish out of water,” Beason said. “I appreciate it. It's just a little added motivation, more fuel to the fire. When I see coach Gruden I'll let him know how I feel about it."

Added Beason: "You're not going to look perfect on every play.”

He's not "bristling". Context is everything. F**k Florio.

The players and support staff have a responsibility interact and make sure the are in the proper cleats for conditions (see Clausen interception among numerous other occurances). I think Baltimore did a better job of that than we did. My perception is they slipped a lot less, but I don't know, it could just be me screaming "haha!! f**ker!!" at the TV every time one of Ravens fell down. The staff/players should have been on this with the first slip out there. Maybe they give them baby cleats in preason so they don't tweak as many knees or twist as many ankles.

^That's what I think was the main problem, but Beason did over-pursue on the play. The slip came when he tried to use his speed to get back into position. On a dry field, or in the proper cleats, he would have.

Posted · Report post

wanna bet this doesn't get through?

I generally don't much care for you Fiz, but I would give you a big sloppy kiss if you were in the same room as me after that. And I'm pretty sure Mike and Greg will omit that little gem.

Posted · Report post

wanna bet this doesn't get through?

I agree Montsta. Some times I hate to read your posts Fiz, but you're a hell of a guy to have on our side!

Posted · Report post

lol the rant on his use of the word "collectively" is fuging golden.