Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthro

Glenn Beck Rally = NYC Mosque

211 posts in this topic

that wasn't the case with the bill, despite your attempted excuse making.

ok, the Reps who voted no, their sole agenda was hatred of the 9/11 survivors right?

No, it was because the Dems came up with the idea. How they could claim "tax increases" when it was paid for by closing a tax loophole that every American should not have a problem with was awful.

The Dems did the voting the way they did to limit debate on it - they played politics with it as well, but seriously, what it managed to do was show that the Republicans would say no to absolutely anything.

The first GD thing the Dems present that has a way to pay for it up front with not much wiggle room for any reason, and the Republicans still pout like babies. But hating Muslims, hell, that's free!

i think the liberals tourette's has reached an all time high. It was George Bush every 4 words now it's Party of No or Hates Muslims.

Holy s*t man.............for the last f*ckin time. It's not about freedom of religion or the constitution for the love of god. The left and since Friday, Obamie, want to make it about that, but they are misguiding their sheep.

It's about this Imam having some common decency and respecting the views of those who oppose it. He is the one who says this center is for healing relations. Well, the first step would be to build it somewhere else.

You people will NEVER get it.

Really, thats all you got? How about some common decency and respecting the views who SUPPORT it? How about the peaceful Muslims who could use this as a place of worship? Obviously the rightwing nutjobs dont care about them, now do you? You people will NEVER get it.

Really, thats all you got? How about some common decency and respecting the views who SUPPORT it? How about the peaceful Muslims who could use this as a place of worship? Obviously the rightwing nutjobs dont care about them, now do you? You people will NEVER get it.

Let's be democratic about this. Are there more people offended by the Mosque or people who support it?

Let's be democratic about this. Are there more people offended by the Mosque or people who support it?

What does that have to do with anything? More people wanted Al Gore to be president over GWB. There are no rules to say this Mosque cant be built. If we let the majority rule in this decision, then why not let it rule in every decision. If the Mosque cant be built 2 blocks away, then where can it be built? 3, 4, 5 6, 80,000 blocks away? Where does it stop? Who decides? You cant answer those questions, can you?

Do you think Muslims want McDonalds built on their land? I guarantee you the majority of them dont.

I'm so sick of hearing about the "ground zero mosque".

1) It's not as ground zero, but 2 blocks away in a building that used to be a Burlington coat factory.

2) It's not a mosque. Although the Islamic Community Center will have a prayer area for practicing Muslims, it is open to the public and even features an indoor basketball court.

3)This is a basic civil rights issue. The land is private property owned by a private citizen who is breaking no laws. I can only sit and stare in amazement at all the idiots who are fighting against this and buying into the Islamaphobia. It's sad that many seem to be fighting against what our American ancestors fought to establish in the first place.

1 person likes this

we haven't had majority rule in this country for a very long time.

we haven't had majority rule in this country for a very long time.

That's a good thing.

There is no other point cat. The left is obsessed with race or intolerance when that's not the real issue. Oh sure you got some jacklegs that the moment they heard about this they went psycho over it being Muslims.

But the majority of common sense people are going hey wait a sec. We don't mind you building and we def don't mind from of religion.

To me, the one building this to not to consider the recent history, the emotions that are in play and to not even consider other avenues or locations or do a better job of trying to extend an olive branch is pretty lame.

Yes he can build this. Yes it's fine. Who doesn't agree with that?

That's why I mentioned the Houston Dynamo. They changed their team name from 1836 to Dynamo. The whole reason is the Mexican community in Houston felt it was insensitive and brought up some bad history. History that was well over 150 years earlier. So for that much time to have passed and yet it STILL offends someone says volumes.

The team realizing bad PR as well as potential tix sales relented. The only Hispanic on Houston's City Council at the time planned a boycott if the team did NOT change their name.

No tolerance, no freedom, no nothing.

So if 150 yrs is not enough time for old wounds to heal, then what about just 9?

If I'm going to build something in a town or neighborhood, I will try to do as much homework on the area as I can. Make sure I don't try to name a building after a hated guy etc or on property that a town or group may view as sacred.

To at least begin to at least feign some thoughtfulness or be going out of your way to be EXTRA sensitive based on RECENT history, shows some intense arrogance.

So we agree there is nothing else to the point. There is nothing else to say or do.

The issue is 100% emotionally fueled. And the right is seizing the opportunity to manipulate peoples emotions. The republicans are making this a bigger headline then it should ever have been so it can benefit them. They are also spreading false information surrounding the whole thing. And you know, I find that to be more disgusting than building a religious building in an old Burlington Coat Factory.

man it is really something... a few weeks ago every other word uttered by the neo-cons in the media was "constitution" and now?? I mean words simply cannot describe the hypocrisy.

There is no debate. There is the First Amendment. Period.

Is this going to become another example of censorship halting peaceful progress? Galileo rolls in his grave.

this is a distraction, nothing more. I hate it.

1 person likes this