#31 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,404 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:33 PM

I don't think the Imam's budgeted for anything.

#32 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,122 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:33 PM

remember a few weeks ago when republicans voted against the 9/11 survivor health bill?

at least they're coming through for them when it counts, right...

#33 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,404 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

remember how we covered ad nauseum how one side will add either pork or some poison pill knowing the other side HAS to vote against it?
remember that?

#34 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:35 PM

For the record you can dislike the mosque all you want and still uphold the basic tenants of a classical conservative philosophy without hypocrisy. You cannot oppose it though.

#35 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,122 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:35 PM

remember how we covered ad nauseum how one side will add either pork or some poison pill knowing the other side HAS to vote against it?
remember that?

that wasn't the case with the bill, despite your attempted excuse making.

#36 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,404 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

del, NEVER EVER have I said I dislike the mosque. For the love of G Gordon Liddy get that thru your skull.
My point, is how bout an attempt, of some sorts, from the imam to at least try to show you are aware, understanding etc of what's going on.
I think now they might be after all the backlash. Which is good.

#37 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,404 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

that wasn't the case with the bill, despite your attempted excuse making.

ok, the Reps who voted no, their sole agenda was hatred of the 9/11 survivors right?

#38 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,540 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:20 PM

No, it was because the Dems came up with the idea. How they could claim "tax increases" when it was paid for by closing a tax loophole that every American should not have a problem with was awful.

The Dems did the voting the way they did to limit debate on it - they played politics with it as well, but seriously, what it managed to do was show that the Republicans would say no to absolutely anything.

The first GD thing the Dems present that has a way to pay for it up front with not much wiggle room for any reason, and the Republicans still pout like babies. But hating Muslims, hell, that's free!

#39 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,404 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:29 PM

i think the liberals tourette's has reached an all time high. It was George Bush every 4 words now it's Party of No or Hates Muslims.

#40 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:07 AM

Holy s*t man.............for the last f*ckin time. It's not about freedom of religion or the constitution for the love of god. The left and since Friday, Obamie, want to make it about that, but they are misguiding their sheep.

It's about this Imam having some common decency and respecting the views of those who oppose it. He is the one who says this center is for healing relations. Well, the first step would be to build it somewhere else.

You people will NEVER get it.

Really, thats all you got? How about some common decency and respecting the views who SUPPORT it? How about the peaceful Muslims who could use this as a place of worship? Obviously the rightwing nutjobs dont care about them, now do you? You people will NEVER get it.

#41 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:13 AM

Really, thats all you got? How about some common decency and respecting the views who SUPPORT it? How about the peaceful Muslims who could use this as a place of worship? Obviously the rightwing nutjobs dont care about them, now do you? You people will NEVER get it.

Let's be democratic about this. Are there more people offended by the Mosque or people who support it?

#42 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:32 AM

Let's be democratic about this. Are there more people offended by the Mosque or people who support it?

What does that have to do with anything? More people wanted Al Gore to be president over GWB. There are no rules to say this Mosque cant be built. If we let the majority rule in this decision, then why not let it rule in every decision. If the Mosque cant be built 2 blocks away, then where can it be built? 3, 4, 5 6, 80,000 blocks away? Where does it stop? Who decides? You cant answer those questions, can you?

Do you think Muslims want McDonalds built on their land? I guarantee you the majority of them dont.

#43 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:38 AM

meh

Edited by Kevin Greene, 21 August 2010 - 01:02 AM.

#44 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:04 AM

I'm so sick of hearing about the "ground zero mosque".

1) It's not as ground zero, but 2 blocks away in a building that used to be a Burlington coat factory.

2) It's not a mosque. Although the Islamic Community Center will have a prayer area for practicing Muslims, it is open to the public and even features an indoor basketball court.

3)This is a basic civil rights issue. The land is private property owned by a private citizen who is breaking no laws. I can only sit and stare in amazement at all the idiots who are fighting against this and buying into the Islamaphobia. It's sad that many seem to be fighting against what our American ancestors fought to establish in the first place.

#45 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,812 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:15 AM

we haven't had majority rule in this country for a very long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com