CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:20 PM

Dante Rosario 26 313 12.0 26 2 No Stats 4 Games
Jeff King 25 200 8.0 32 3
Dwayne Jarrett 17 196 11.5 30 1
Gary Barnidge 12 242 20.2 55 0 No State 8 games

Of course if Smith was on the sideline he wouldn't produce..
All three tight ends with more yards.. Do you want to keep going? They certainly do better blocking than Jarrett has done too. 2009 was Barnidge's second season... 17 Catches in 10 games in not producing...

AGAIN, it is about opportunity.

TE's should have more production b/c they had more opportunity. They played more passing downs.

#77 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:27 PM

AGAIN, it is about opportunity.

TE's should have more production b/c they had more opportunity. They played more passing downs.

So a 3rd WR can't beat out a 3rd TE to get on the field on passing downs?

#78 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

So a 3rd WR can't beat out a 3rd TE to get on the field on passing downs?

Not in this offense. The only way a WR would be on the field instead of Smith and Moose the past 2 seasons is if they are injured. Jarrett could not earn the #2 spot the past 2 years regardless of what he did. Most passing downs feature 2 WRs and a TE. This is the Panthers.....not the Saints. They run the ball. The 3rd WR only becomes really important when playing from behind or someone is hurt.

Fox ain't gonna run 3 WR sets when the bread and butter is Double Trouble. Fox wants that do be the bread and butter.

Edited by CRA, 18 August 2010 - 02:34 PM.

#79 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

There was no way Jarrett would start after his rookie year with us signing Moose. Jarrett's only true chance was his rookie year and he didn't seize it/lazy.

Which is exactly why we re-signed Moose in the first place. Of course, in 2007 Jarrett had some tough competition in Carter and Colbert. No way was he going to beat out those guys for the No. 2 spot.

#80 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

Which is exactly why we re-signed Moose in the first place. Of course, in 2007 Jarrett had some tough competition in Carter and Colbert. No way was he going to beat out those guys for the No. 2 spot.

No. Jarrett was 20 yrs old and a rookie. If you expected him to be a factor in the NFL his rookie year then that was silly. Moose was resigned b/c they never found anyone in 2005 forward.....to be consistant.

#81 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:41 PM

I've given you statistics from the Panthers website, WR's from his own 2007 draft. I appreciate you as a fellow Panthers, however I can no longer carry on these conversations with you when you bring no weight to your argument. You don't even have points on contention; all you have is conjecture.

I feel like Jon Beason tackling a kindergarten when arguing with you.

Go Panthers..

#82 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:42 PM

whats the deal? i mean, ive been reading hes been looking his best ever in training camp but that means nothing until he performs in the reg season. i also heard that last year was only shitty for him bc of jake (which im sure wasnt the entire problem). im getting a little tired of hearing about it and having it be a letdown every year. if hes not gona step up, id rather see another rookie get the spot like kmoore or lafell. i know kmoore has been workin his ass off at training camp.

#83 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

lol yeah, here's my stance with Jarrett.

I like DJ. I'm rooting for DJ. But, I'm also not ignorant. To me, if he keeps playing around the same level as our other receivers, then we should go ahead and let him go.

#84 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

I've given you statistics from the Panthers website, WR's from drafts on his own 2007 draft. I appreciate you as a fellow Panthers, however I can no longer carry on this conversations with when you bring no weight to your argument. You don't even have points on contention; all you have is conjecture.

I feel like Jon Beason tackling a kindergarten when arguing with you.

Go Panthers..

just b/c you post stats doesn't mean anything was proved.

You put could put those guys on this Fox team and they were gonna sit behind Moose and Smith the past 2 seasons....and not see the field. Apples and oranges.

and again, if you expect a 20 yr old kid to catch on and do anything his rookie year in the NFL at WR......you are setting unrealistic expectations.

and AGAIN, I am not claiming Jarrett is great. I am just saying outside of Steve Smith....not a single WR on this roster has proven to be better. I hope it happens but it hasn't yet. I hope it happens Saturday night. That is my arguement...no point bashing him when no one else has proven squat on the roster outside Smitty.

Edited by CRA, 18 August 2010 - 02:51 PM.

#85 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:46 PM

sorry. i was talkin bout jarrett there. didnt make that very crear

#86 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:27 PM

This should be interseting.If we only keep 5 wide receivers,Kenny moore may very well be history.

#87 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

Smith
Jarrett
LaFell
Moore
Edwards
Wright

There are your WRs that make it... Stop debating it...

Smitty - duh
Jarrett - cheap, experience in the system, and all indicators are that the light is finally on, good blocker, and makes catches in traffic with his frame
LaFell - big rookie investment, duh
Moore - Sure, he could be on the bubble a bit, but he is a company man and a very serviceable option... has special teams value in an emergency
Edwards - big time investment, and he'll need to have a chance to give us some returns (pun intended), will benefit from spot duty and gimmick plays
Wright - brought in for one reason, and that was special teams ability... Also has shown some receiving skills as an added bonus...

We'll have to keep an extra WR this year just out of the uncertainty for Jarrett (mostly fan based) and the inexperience of the rookies (not to mention they both need to bulk up a good amount)... Plus, if Smitty were to get hurt, we need at least some warm bodies out there capable of blocking for Double Trouble, with the threat of getting open for a passing play...

#88 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

What the hell do some of you expect from Jarrett with Jake being the QB back there?

Even the great exalted Moose saw his numbers drop or stay roughly similar after returning to the Panthers from an offense led by Hall of Famers Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman...

#89 HPPantherzfan

HPPantherzfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:54 PM

Smith
Guy
LaFell
Moore
Edwards
Wright

Fixed

#90 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,557 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

Well, Jarrett made huge 3rd down grabs last season.

Jarrett was the only one who did anything when it mattered on Thursday.

Funny how people only pay attention and give credit to negative talk about Jarrett and ignore his actual play in games and reports from coaches. Funny how people only want to buy into hype about others and ignore the fact they haven't proven anything on a field.

I am not saying Jarrett is great. There simply isn't anyone on this roster who has proven to be better.

And who made the most spectacular catch Thursday? Hint: it wasn't DJ.

Jarrett has to be more than just a 3rd down WR. If he cant be more this preseason, I dont see him making it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.