• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#1 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:22 PM

We did this last year and it was fun. Predict your team's and maybe a few other team's records. Post the schedule or if you are predicting a really one-sided outcome, state the few wins/losses for that team.

NC State: Not one-sided
WCU - W - (45-14)

@UCF - W - (31-28) This game could go either way. Not sure if they got a lot better in the offseason but ECU and Miami both beat them last year. So that makes me think its doable at their place.

Cincy - W - (35-31) They lost Brian Kelly and a lot of talent. Their QB is very very good though so containing him will be the biggest key. I think Nate Irving is going to come through big and get the defense to step up to the challenge.

@GT - L - (35-21) - GT is too good.

VT - L - (24-7) - National Championship aspirations for VT this year.

BC - L - (28-24) - I hope I'm wrong but BC has been a thorn in TOBs side since he got here. This is a big game though because we typically struggle midseason and losing 3 in a row would really put us in a big hole.

ECU - W - (35-24) - In-state rival that TOB has had pretty good success with. IDT their defense is going to be any match for our offense.

FSU - L - (23-21) - I think that FSU is beatable this year, especially at home, but we are going to have to play a perfect game on defense to win. We aren't very big up front and I think they will have their way with us running the ball.

@Clem - L - (35-21) - We never beat Clemson...IDK why.

WFU - W - (28-14) - Wake is always a great test but I think we get them at home. They are a little down this year without Skinner and I think our defense can play with their offense and not the other way around.

@UNC - W - (24-21) - Strength vs. Strength. Who wins out? I'm going with my heart even though it could easily be the other way. I think that Russell Wilson pulls another one out on the road. I also think that UNCs offense is going to be anemic this year and Nate Irving and the boys will be able to get a few stops.

@MD - W - (28-21) - Maryland is going to be fighting to win their final home game but I don't think they can hang with Wilson.

Obviously I think that this depends on the health of the team. If we lose key players on either side of the ball then NCSU is going to plummet. However, I think that if we keep our starters healthy we can surprise some people. Our offense is going to score points...I'm not worried about that. It is just going to be a matter of if our defense can hold other teams below 23-24ppg. If they can then we will win some games. If they can't then we are in trouble.

Final Prediction NCSU: 7-5

UNC Prediction:
LSU - L
GT - W
@RU - W
ECU - W
Clemson - W
@UVA - W
@MIA - L
Wm&Mary - W
@FSU - L
VT - L
@NCSU - L
@Duke - W

I think Carolina's schedule is pretty cut and dry. I don't think they are good enough to beat VT or LSU (especially without Marvin Austin). I think that after last year they want to prove something to GT so when GT comes to town they will take care of business and play their best game of the season. The losses to FSU and Miami are primarily because they are away games and those are two teams that are almost equally as talented defensively and probably more talented offensively. The NCSU, Duke and UVA games could go either way as they are all 3 rivalry games. I picked NCSU for obvious reasons and the Russell Wilson factor. I think that they will take care of UVA and Duke.

UNC Final prediction: 7-5

#2 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,356 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:12 PM

WF- 1 and 15 on the year

#3 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,538 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:11 PM

WVU vs Coastal Carolina 45-10 W
WVU @ Marshall 42-20 W
WVU vs Maryland 32-28 W
WVU @ LSU 14-58 L
WVU vs UNLV 36-7 W
WVU vs South Florida 28-21 W
WVU vs Syracuse 56-7 W
WVU @ Connecticut 21-54 L
WVU vs Cincinnati 28-24 W
WVU @ Louisville 36-21 W
WVU @ Pittsburgh 14-17 L
WVU vs Rutgers 24-21 W

9-3

#4 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:30 PM

Kentucky

09/04/10 at Louisville - WIN
09/11/10 vs. Western Kentucky - WIN
09/18/10 vs. Akron - WIN
09/25/10 at Florida - LOSS
10/02/10 at Ole Miss - LOSS
10/09/10 vs. Auburn - WIN
10/16/10 vs. South Carolina - LOSS
10/23/10 vs. Georgia - WIN
10/30/10 at Mississippi State - LOSS
11/06/10 vs. Charleston Southern - WIN
11/13/10 vs. Vanderbilt - WIN
11/27/10 at Tennessee - WIN

8-4

Very homerishly :D

#5 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,830 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

Kentucky

09/04/10 at Louisville - WIN
09/11/10 vs. Western Kentucky - WIN
09/18/10 vs. Akron - WIN
09/25/10 at Florida - LOSS
10/02/10 at Ole Miss - LOSS
10/09/10 vs. Auburn - WIN
10/16/10 vs. South Carolina - LOSS
10/23/10 vs. Georgia - WIN
10/30/10 at Mississippi State - LOSS
11/06/10 vs. Charleston Southern - WIN
11/13/10 vs. Vanderbilt - WIN
11/27/10 at Tennessee - WIN

8-4

Very homerishly :D

8-4

could you be dyslexic

#6 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:42 PM

8-4

could you be dyslexic

I'm sorry, I must have missed your NC State prediction.

#7 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,405 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:51 PM

Gamecocks 8-5

#8 Liminy

Liminy

Huddle Nobody

• HUDDLER
  • 2,162 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

Mizzou - 9-4

#9 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:57 PM

The Ohio State Buckeyes

12-0

#10 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,302 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:23 AM

Florida Gators:

Sat, Sep 4 Miami (OH) W (43-13)

Sat, Sep 11 USF W (38-21)

Sat, Sep 18 Tennessee W (34-17)

Sat, Sep 25 Kentucky W (41-16)

Sat, Oct 2 Alabama L (21-31)

Sat, Oct 9 LSU W (24-21)

Sat, Oct 16 Mississippi State W (35-10)

Sat, Oct 30 Georgia W (27-20)

Sat, Nov 6 Vanderbilt W (41-17)

Sat, Nov 13 South Carolina W (21-13)

Sat, Nov 20 Appalachian State W (50+-17)

Sat, Nov 27 Florida State L (24-30)
I honestly think this game could go either way. At Florida State late in the year is what scares me. They are good enough to beat a lot of teams, though I think they'll underachieve this year. They are tired of getting beaten up on by the Gators, and could definitely take this game at home.

10-2 gets them an SEC Championship birth and they may beat Alabama in revenge. I realize this is kinda homerish, because none of our players are proven. But I have faith in the coaching staff, and the SEC East is admittedly down.

Edited by DirtyMagic97, 20 August 2010 - 07:26 AM.

#11 TarPanther9180

TarPanther9180

Ready for football

• HUDDLER
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:51 AM

Tar Heels 10-2

LSU - W
GT - W
@RU - W
ECU - W
Clemson - W
@UVA - L
@MIA - W
Wm&Mary - W
@FSU - L
VT - W
@NCSU - W
@Duke - W

#12 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,830 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

Tar Heels 10-2

LSU - W
GT - W
@RU - W
ECU - W
Clemson - W
@UVA - L
@MIA - W
Wm&Mary - W
@FSU - L
VT - W
@NCSU - W
@Duke - W

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

#13 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,501 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

Mizzou - 9-4

Details plz.

#14 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,501 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:03 AM

09/04 W. KENTUCKY W
09/11 IDAHO W
09/18 @ WASHINGTON W
09/25 S. DAKOTA ST. W
10/07 @ KANSAS ST. W
10/16 TEXAS W (Biggest Regular Season Game we've had since OU 2001)
10/23 @ OKLA. STATE W
10/30 MISSOURI W
11/06 @ IOWA STATE W
11/13 KANSAS W
11/20 @ TEXAS A&M L
11/26 COLORADO W
12/04 BIG 12 CCG vs. Texas L

11-2

#15 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,903 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:03 AM

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

this with one extra haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com