Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Predict Your Team's Record

189 posts in this topic

Posted

Liberty W

at Wake Forest W

South Alabama W

at Cincinnati L

Georgia Tech W

Central Michigan W

at Virginia W

at Florida State L

North Carolina W

at Boston college W

Clemson W

Maryland W

10-2 and a spot in the ACC Championship

I fuged up this one

Posted

At Syracuse L

NCSU W

Gardner Webb W

At BC W

FSU L

VT L

At Duke W

At UNC L

Notre Dame W

At Clemson L

Md W

Vanderbilt W

7-5 and might make it to a bowl.

I was fairly close. Got the Notre Dame and FSU games backwards, and whiffed on the Vanderbilt game.

Posted

Too early?? :D

ROLL TIDE

1-vs Michigan W

2-vs Western Kentucky W

3-at Arkansas W

4-vs Florida Atlantic W

5-vs Ole Miss W

6-BYE WEEK

7-at Missouri W

8-at Tennessee W

9-vs Mississippi State W

10-at LSU W

11-vs Texas A&M W

12-vs Western Carolina W

13-vs Auburn W

...but seriously...probably the easiest schedule possible in the SEC west. 3 pooty teams(Western Carolina, FAU, Western Kentucky) and end the season with a 3 game home stretch is 5 automatic wins. the only games I'm worried about are at LSU and at Arkansas. more so Arkansas then LSU due to the fact of Chris Gragg and Tyler Wilson returning for the Hogs.

EDIT...

I see us playing Georgia for the SEC title with Bama winning 31-20...then a match up between Bama and USC with Alabama prevailing with their 15th national championship in a close one with Alabama winning 34-30

SEC Championship: vs Georgia W

BCS National Championship vs USC W

Posted

FSU's schedule finally dropped so here I am to give my usual overly optimistic and WAY TOO EARLY schedule for people to laugh at me about at the end of the season. :)

Sept. 1 Murray State W

Sept. 8 Savannah State W

Sept. 15 Wake Forest W

Sept. 22 Clemson W

Sept. 29 at South Florida W

Oct. 6 at N.C. State W

Oct. 13 Boston College W

Oct. 20 at Miami W

Oct. 27 Duke W

Bye

Nov. 8 at Virginia Tech (Thursday) W

Nov. 17 at Maryland W

Nov. 24 Florida W

:D

The only games I really have issues with are Clemson at home and Va Tech on the road. I think with 3 straight home games to prepare, FSU should be on a roll and be able to handle Clemson at the Doak...it might not be pretty, but I think they get the job done. Traveling to USF and Miami could cause problems, but I think the talent level of FSU is much higher than those two and FSU will probably have a lot of fans in both of those stadiums to offset the crowd.

Virginia Tech, on a Thursday night...in Blacksburg. Looks scary on paper, BUT FSU is coming off a bye week and a Duke game. I think they will have more than enough time to prepare and rest and should upset the Hokies at home. I was very tempted to put this game as a loss, but the more I thought about it, I think the Noles will get the job done. I'm more concerned about these two teams playing in the ACC title game with FSU coming off a tough game vs. Florida and Va Tech coming off a game with Virginia. My guess is VT will be much better off health-wise and could once again foil FSU's chance at an ACC title. I hope I am wrong, but we saw what happened in 2010.

Posted

Tennessee Vols - 2012 (9-3)

NC State (in Atlanta) - W

Georgia St. - W

Florida - W

Akron - W

@ Georgia - L

@ Mississippi St. - W

Alabama - L

@ South Carolina - L

Troy - W

Missouri - W

@ Vanderbilt - W

Kentucky - W

I still think Derek Dooley is a bozo, but this year's team is too good for even him to mess up. Other than Alabama and maybe LSU, I don't think anyone else in the conference has as good of a starting 22 as the Vols. Really excited to see what Sal Sunseri can do with this new 3-4 defense in Knoxville.

Posted

Bowling Green- W

at Texas A&M- W

at Tennessee- W

Kentucky- W

LSU- L

at Vanderbilt- W

South Carolina- L

Georgia- L

Missouri- W

UL-Lafayette- W

Jacksonville State- W

at Florida State- L

8-4 overall. Defense will keep us in most games, but the offense will still struggle. Muschamp won't be here much longer.

Posted

Bowling Green- W

at Texas A&M- W

at Tennessee- W

Kentucky- W

LSU- L

at Vanderbilt- W

South Carolina- L

Georgia- L

Missouri- W

UL-Lafayette- W

Jacksonville State- W

at Florida State- L

8-4 overall. Defense will keep us in most games, but the offense will still struggle. Muschamp won't be here much longer.

I disagree about Muschamp. He was put in a bad situation from Meyer, have to give him some time to rebuild. I like Mushcamp and his attitude. Also like the hire of Pease at OC, at least he doesn't need a cane to walk around.

Posted

I disagree about Muschamp. He was put in a bad situation from Meyer, have to give him some time to rebuild. I like Mushcamp and his attitude. Also like the hire of Pease at OC, at least he doesn't need a cane to walk around.

One of best defenses in conference? One of worst offenses in nation? Continue to recruit defense-heavy. The offense will work itself out. Thanks Muschamp.

Posted

He's only had one full year to recruit. He is also bringing in a new system. All the players before were recruited for a different offensive scheme.

Posted

He's only had one full year to recruit. He is also bringing in a new system. All the players before were recruited for a different offensive scheme.

Which is why you recruit players on offense to fit into the system. He has not done that. He basically had Driskel fall into his lap, and the kid looked like he had never played football in his life last season. A season in which he had arguably one the best QB coaches in football.

Posted

Which is why you recruit players on offense to fit into the system. He has not done that. He basically had Driskel fall into his lap, and the kid looked like he had never played football in his life last season. A season in which he had arguably one the best QB coaches in football.

He didn't recruit Driskel, Urban did. That's why when Urban left he had to "reconsider" his decision. I like Brissett better for our offense anyways.

The incoming freshman this year are his first complete class and has players that better fit the system like RB Matt Jones.

Posted

He didn't recruit Driskel, Urban did. That's why when Urban left he had to "reconsider" his decision. I like Brissett better for our offense anyways.

The incoming freshman this year are his first complete class and has players that better fit the system like RB Matt Jones.

Hence why I said he basically had Driskel fall into his lap...

Driskel is perfect for his system. He was the highest rated pro-style QB in that class.

The fact is, Muchamp failed to bring in depth on offense, but overloaded the defense with talent. He won't last long if he continues to do that.