Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Predict Your Team's Record

187 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Well, your team gets on ESPN all the time, gets top recruits, gets multiple players into the NFL, and gets Heisman trophy winners. Hardly a reason to be sad...:)

True but I would still kill to have a unquestionable champion every year. The champion should be decided on the field not by businessmen in suits....

Posted · Report post

Alabama:

9/4 - San Jose St - W

9/11 - Penn St - W

9/18 - at Duke - W

9/25 - at Arkansas -W, but this could easily be an L if the secondary doesn't come together early

10/2 - Florida - L

10/9 - at South Carolina - W

10/16 - Ole Miss - W

10/23 - at Tennessee - W

10/30 - bye

11/6 - at LSWho - W

11/13 - Miss St - W

11/18 - Georgia St - W

11/26 - Awbrun - W

12/5 - SECCG vs. Florida - W

BCS Bowl Game: ?

Final Regular Season and SECCG Record: 12-1

Posted · Report post

Virginia Tech

Sept 6. vs Boise St (At Fedex) - W (35-17)

Sept 11. vs James Madison - W ( 45-0)

Sept 18. vs ECU - W (28-10)

Sept 25. @ BC - W (21-13)

Oct 2. @ NC State - W (31-21)

Oct 9. vs Central Michigan - W (34-9)

Oct 16. vs Wake Forest - W (28-10)

Oct 23. vs Duke - W (31-14)

Nov 4 (Thursday Night) vs Georgia Tech - W (30-13)

Nov 13. @ UNC - W (21-13)

Nov 20. @ Miami - W (28-24) - Trap Game could be a loss just as much as a win.

Nov 27. vs UVA - W (41-13)

ACCCG vs FSU - W (34-28)

BCS ?

Ryan Williams = Heisman ?

13-0

Could be a little homerish , but VT will have a offense that hasnt been this good since 2004-2005 Sugar Bowl year. And of course the Defense is always solid.

Posted · Report post

i think my gators will be about 9-3. we'll win a bowl game.

Posted · Report post

Illinois 5-7 (3-5)

Mizzou - L

SIU - W

NIU - W

OSU - L

@PSU - L

@ MSU - L

Ind - W

Pur - W

@ Mich - L

Minn - W

@ NW - L

@ Fresno - L

Posted · Report post

So he gave UNC two more wins and you gave NC State two more wins. How is his prediction more "homerish" than yours? You're basing your opinion on the hope that NC State's defense will get better, and he's basing his on the hope that UNC's offense will get better. UNC was only a couple of plays (and a QB) away from 10 wins last year, so I don't see how 10-2 is any more unrealistic than NC State going 7-5.

Also, the LSU game is in Atlanta, which is ACC country just as much as it is SEC country, if not more so. UNC won at VT on a Thursday night last year, and there is no way that crowd in Atlanta will be anymore hostile than that.

How is predicting that NCSU goes 7-5 anything like predicting UNC to go 10-2? I predicted that NC State would lose to essentially every good team we play with the exception of Cincy at home. We lost to FSU last year on the last play of the game...I predicted we lose to them again this year. Boston College is not that much better than us but we have trouble with them every year, so I predicted a loss.

10-2 means that Carolina is essentially a top 10 football team...which is a big stretch. It means that they are going to beat national title contenders like LSU, Miami, and VT. Everyone is high on Carolina's defense but the fact of the matter is that teams like LSU have defenses that good EVERY SINGLE YEAR. They were better statistically than you guys last year and yet every Carolina fan is saying "we can beat LSU because our defense is dominant," while not realizing that their defense is just as good or maybe even better.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Auburn 9-3

Iron Bowl win for AU forces Bama out in a tiebreak due to loss to Arkansas. Arkansas wins SEC and NCAA.

Posted · Report post

NC State

WCU- W

UCF- L

Cincinnati- W

GT-L

VT-L

BC-W

ECU- L

FSU- L

Clemson- L

WF- W

UNC- W

Maryland- L

5-7

Poor defense and the inability to tackle a runner in open field has been a staple of Tom O'Briens teams since he's been in Raleigh. I see no reason why we should expect that to change for his final season at the helm of this team.

Posted · Report post

This will be a pretty amazing year. No one except Illinois will finish under .500

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

How is predicting that NCSU goes 7-5 anything like predicting UNC to go 10-2? I predicted that NC State would lose to essentially every good team we play with the exception of Cincy at home. We lost to FSU last year on the last play of the game...I predicted we lose to them again this year. Boston College is not that much better than us but we have trouble with them every year, so I predicted a loss.

10-2 means that Carolina is essentially a top 10 football team...which is a big stretch. It means that they are going to beat national title contenders like LSU, Miami, and VT. Everyone is high on Carolina's defense but the fact of the matter is that teams like LSU have defenses that good EVERY SINGLE YEAR. They were better statistically than you guys last year and yet every Carolina fan is saying "we can beat LSU because our defense is dominant," while not realizing that their defense is just as good or maybe even better.

Well damn, UNC beat two out of those three last year, and I watched LSU struggle to score points against Louisiana Tech last year. Why shouldn't I believe that UNC can match up with them?

I'm more worried about their ability to beat the teams they're supposed to beat, like VA and NC State, but I believe they will do that this year too.

Posted · Report post

This will be a pretty amazing year. No one except Illinois will finish under .500

The entire NCAA will be in BCS bowl games.

Posted · Report post

Penn State

Youngstown State Home WIN

Alabama Away LOSE

Kent State Home WIN

Temple Home WIN

Iowa Away LOSE (Every Damn Year)

Illinois Home WIN

Minnesota Away WIN

Michigan Home WIN

Northwestern Home WIN

Ohio State Away LOSE