• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#136 ELAV8

ELAV8

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

FSU's schedule finally dropped so here I am to give my usual overly optimistic and WAY TOO EARLY schedule for people to laugh at me about at the end of the season. :)

Sept. 1 Murray State W
Sept. 8 Savannah State W
Sept. 15 Wake Forest W
Sept. 22 Clemson W
Sept. 29 at South Florida W
Oct. 6 at N.C. State W
Oct. 13 Boston College W
Oct. 20 at Miami W
Oct. 27 Duke W
Bye
Nov. 8 at Virginia Tech (Thursday) W
Nov. 17 at Maryland W
Nov. 24 Florida W

:D

The only games I really have issues with are Clemson at home and Va Tech on the road. I think with 3 straight home games to prepare, FSU should be on a roll and be able to handle Clemson at the Doak...it might not be pretty, but I think they get the job done. Traveling to USF and Miami could cause problems, but I think the talent level of FSU is much higher than those two and FSU will probably have a lot of fans in both of those stadiums to offset the crowd.

Virginia Tech, on a Thursday night...in Blacksburg. Looks scary on paper, BUT FSU is coming off a bye week and a Duke game. I think they will have more than enough time to prepare and rest and should upset the Hokies at home. I was very tempted to put this game as a loss, but the more I thought about it, I think the Noles will get the job done. I'm more concerned about these two teams playing in the ACC title game with FSU coming off a tough game vs. Florida and Va Tech coming off a game with Virginia. My guess is VT will be much better off health-wise and could once again foil FSU's chance at an ACC title. I hope I am wrong, but we saw what happened in 2010.

#137 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

Tennessee Vols - 2012 (9-3)

NC State (in Atlanta) - W
Georgia St. - W
Florida - W
Akron - W
@ Georgia - L
@ Mississippi St. - W
Alabama - L
@ South Carolina - L
Troy - W
Missouri - W
@ Vanderbilt - W
Kentucky - W

I still think Derek Dooley is a bozo, but this year's team is too good for even him to mess up. Other than Alabama and maybe LSU, I don't think anyone else in the conference has as good of a starting 22 as the Vols. Really excited to see what Sal Sunseri can do with this new 3-4 defense in Knoxville.

#138 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

Bowling Green- W
at Texas A&M- W
at Tennessee- W
Kentucky- W
LSU- L
at Vanderbilt- W
South Carolina- L
Georgia- L
Missouri- W
UL-Lafayette- W
Jacksonville State- W
at Florida State- L

8-4 overall. Defense will keep us in most games, but the offense will still struggle. Muschamp won't be here much longer.

#139 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Bowling Green- W
at Texas A&M- W
at Tennessee- W
Kentucky- W
LSU- L
at Vanderbilt- W
South Carolina- L
Georgia- L
Missouri- W
UL-Lafayette- W
Jacksonville State- W
at Florida State- L

8-4 overall. Defense will keep us in most games, but the offense will still struggle. Muschamp won't be here much longer.

I disagree about Muschamp. He was put in a bad situation from Meyer, have to give him some time to rebuild. I like Mushcamp and his attitude. Also like the hire of Pease at OC, at least he doesn't need a cane to walk around.

#140 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• HUDDLER
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

I disagree about Muschamp. He was put in a bad situation from Meyer, have to give him some time to rebuild. I like Mushcamp and his attitude. Also like the hire of Pease at OC, at least he doesn't need a cane to walk around.

One of best defenses in conference? One of worst offenses in nation? Continue to recruit defense-heavy. The offense will work itself out. Thanks Muschamp.

#141 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

He's only had one full year to recruit. He is also bringing in a new system. All the players before were recruited for a different offensive scheme.

#142 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• HUDDLER
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

He's only had one full year to recruit. He is also bringing in a new system. All the players before were recruited for a different offensive scheme.

Which is why you recruit players on offense to fit into the system. He has not done that. He basically had Driskel fall into his lap, and the kid looked like he had never played football in his life last season. A season in which he had arguably one the best QB coaches in football.

#143 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

Which is why you recruit players on offense to fit into the system. He has not done that. He basically had Driskel fall into his lap, and the kid looked like he had never played football in his life last season. A season in which he had arguably one the best QB coaches in football.

He didn't recruit Driskel, Urban did. That's why when Urban left he had to "reconsider" his decision. I like Brissett better for our offense anyways.

The incoming freshman this year are his first complete class and has players that better fit the system like RB Matt Jones.

#144 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• HUDDLER
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

He didn't recruit Driskel, Urban did. That's why when Urban left he had to "reconsider" his decision. I like Brissett better for our offense anyways.

The incoming freshman this year are his first complete class and has players that better fit the system like RB Matt Jones.

Hence why I said he basically had Driskel fall into his lap...

Driskel is perfect for his system. He was the highest rated pro-style QB in that class.

The fact is, Muchamp failed to bring in depth on offense, but overloaded the defense with talent. He won't last long if he continues to do that.

#145 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Driskel is not a pro-style QB. He is a run first QB.

#146 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• HUDDLER
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

Ok, what? Just because he is mobile doesn't mean he isn't pro-style. He is 100% a pass-first QB. Brisset is the dual-threat QB.

#147 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,170 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

USC Trojans

Hawaii: W
@Syracuse: W
@Stanford: W
Cal: W
@Utah: W
@Washington: W
Colorado: W
@Arizona: W
Oregon: W
Arizona State: W
@fUCLA: W
Notre Dame: W
Pac 12 Title Game against Oregon (hosted by USC): W
BCS National Title Game against Alabama: W (24-17)

Kind of predictable, but fug it. I've had to miss watching my team in a BCS game for two years and I'm giddy for what could happen this season. I wan't nothing more for USC to send the biggest fug you to the NCAA by winning the Natty under sanctions. It's definitely possible with the weapons Barkley has, a solid running game from Curtis "Moody" McNeal and D.J. Morgan, and a defense that has elite speed and talent again. A lot will hinge on how the D-Line copes with the loss of Perry and Harris, but USC may very well have the best LB corp, and one of the best secondaries next year. Should be an exciting year at the Coliseum....

#148 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

Ok, what? Just because he is mobile doesn't mean he isn't pro-style. He is 100% a pass-first QB. Brisset is the dual-threat QB.

I guess run first QB is a bit strong of a term but he is most certainly a Dual QB, that's why Urban wanted him. He want to use his running ability to run the speed option. In HS he had almost as many running yards as passing yards.

As far as Brissett being a dual-threat, that's crazy. He is not fleet of foot. He's not what you call a mobile QB. He is likes to stay in the pocket.

#149 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• HUDDLER
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

I guess run first QB is a bit strong of a term but he is most certainly a Dual QB, that's why Urban wanted him. He want to use his running ability to run the speed option. In HS he had almost as many running yards as passing yards.

As far as Brissett being a dual-threat, that's crazy. He is not fleet of foot. He's not what you call a mobile QB. He is likes to stay in the pocket.

You have to look at Driskel's designed running plays vs. his passing plays. He threw from the pocket or in roll-out situations far more than he ran on any designed runs. I do acknowledge that he can make things happen when the pocket breaks down. He is a pass-first QB who can run. He is similar to an Andrew Luck.

Brisset is definitely a dual-threat QB. Brisset is to UF what Cam Newton is to Carolina. A QB that has a nose for the first down marker, but isn't exceptionally fast. Watching Driskel run is a little different. He is more athletic, but he doesn't seem to be able to read defenders when running. That's why I think he is a pocket QB if he wants to succeed.

I hope that I am wrong about Muschamp and I hope he can show improvement this year. I think it's pretty clear that Jeremy Foley wants to see significant improvement this year. Muschamp's seat is very warm. I think we all remember Urban Meyer's 9-3 and 13-1 records in his first two seasons at UF.

#150 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• HUDDLER
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

USC Trojans

Hawaii: W
@Syracuse: W
@Stanford: W
Cal: W
@Utah: W
@Washington: W
Colorado: W
@Arizona: W
Oregon: W
Arizona State: W
@fUCLA: W
Notre Dame: W
Pac 12 Title Game against Oregon (hosted by USC): W
BCS National Title Game against Alabama: W (24-17)

Kind of predictable, but fug it. I've had to miss watching my team in a BCS game for two years and I'm giddy for what could happen this season. I wan't nothing more for USC to send the biggest fug you to the NCAA by winning the Natty under sanctions. It's definitely possible with the weapons Barkley has, a solid running game from Curtis "Moody" McNeal and D.J. Morgan, and a defense that has elite speed and talent again. A lot will hinge on how the D-Line copes with the loss of Perry and Harris, but USC may very well have the best LB corp, and one of the best secondaries next year. Should be an exciting year at the Coliseum....

I bet you want your stab at an SEC team in that national championship :lol:

I like USC to win it all this year as well. They have a really good team with a favorable, but at times challenging schedule.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.