Photo
- - - - -

Predict Your Team's Record

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
186 replies to this topic

#41 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

you can't spell Mayock without MC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

Illinois 5-7 (3-5)

Mizzou - L
SIU - W
NIU - W
OSU - L
@PSU - L
@ MSU - L
Ind - W
Pur - W
@ Mich - L
Minn - W
@ NW - L
@ Fresno - L

#42 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

So he gave UNC two more wins and you gave NC State two more wins. How is his prediction more "homerish" than yours? You're basing your opinion on the hope that NC State's defense will get better, and he's basing his on the hope that UNC's offense will get better. UNC was only a couple of plays (and a QB) away from 10 wins last year, so I don't see how 10-2 is any more unrealistic than NC State going 7-5.

Also, the LSU game is in Atlanta, which is ACC country just as much as it is SEC country, if not more so. UNC won at VT on a Thursday night last year, and there is no way that crowd in Atlanta will be anymore hostile than that.

How is predicting that NCSU goes 7-5 anything like predicting UNC to go 10-2? I predicted that NC State would lose to essentially every good team we play with the exception of Cincy at home. We lost to FSU last year on the last play of the game...I predicted we lose to them again this year. Boston College is not that much better than us but we have trouble with them every year, so I predicted a loss.

10-2 means that Carolina is essentially a top 10 football team...which is a big stretch. It means that they are going to beat national title contenders like LSU, Miami, and VT. Everyone is high on Carolina's defense but the fact of the matter is that teams like LSU have defenses that good EVERY SINGLE YEAR. They were better statistically than you guys last year and yet every Carolina fan is saying "we can beat LSU because our defense is dominant," while not realizing that their defense is just as good or maybe even better.

#43 FreeDrinkMafia

FreeDrinkMafia

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

Auburn 9-3

Iron Bowl win for AU forces Bama out in a tiebreak due to loss to Arkansas. Arkansas wins SEC and NCAA.

#44 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:38 AM

NC State

WCU- W
UCF- L
Cincinnati- W
GT-L
VT-L
BC-W
ECU- L
FSU- L
Clemson- L
WF- W
UNC- W
Maryland- L

5-7

Poor defense and the inability to tackle a runner in open field has been a staple of Tom O'Briens teams since he's been in Raleigh. I see no reason why we should expect that to change for his final season at the helm of this team.

#45 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:09 AM

This will be a pretty amazing year. No one except Illinois will finish under .500

#46 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

How is predicting that NCSU goes 7-5 anything like predicting UNC to go 10-2? I predicted that NC State would lose to essentially every good team we play with the exception of Cincy at home. We lost to FSU last year on the last play of the game...I predicted we lose to them again this year. Boston College is not that much better than us but we have trouble with them every year, so I predicted a loss.

10-2 means that Carolina is essentially a top 10 football team...which is a big stretch. It means that they are going to beat national title contenders like LSU, Miami, and VT. Everyone is high on Carolina's defense but the fact of the matter is that teams like LSU have defenses that good EVERY SINGLE YEAR. They were better statistically than you guys last year and yet every Carolina fan is saying "we can beat LSU because our defense is dominant," while not realizing that their defense is just as good or maybe even better.

Well damn, UNC beat two out of those three last year, and I watched LSU struggle to score points against Louisiana Tech last year. Why shouldn't I believe that UNC can match up with them?

I'm more worried about their ability to beat the teams they're supposed to beat, like VA and NC State, but I believe they will do that this year too.

Edited by monstercat, 23 August 2010 - 11:29 AM.

#47 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:15 PM

This will be a pretty amazing year. No one except Illinois will finish under .500

The entire NCAA will be in BCS bowl games.

#48 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

Penn State

Youngstown State Home WIN
Alabama Away LOSE
Kent State Home WIN
Temple Home WIN
Iowa Away LOSE (Every Damn Year)
Illinois Home WIN
Minnesota Away WIN
Michigan Home WIN
Northwestern Home WIN
Ohio State Away LOSE
Indiana Away WIN
Michigan State Home WIN

9-3

#49 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

Wake Forest

Presbyterian W
Duke W
@ Stanford L
@ Florida State L
vs. GA Tech L
vs. Navy [[W]] L
@ VA Tech L
@ Maryland W
BC W
@NC State L
Clemson [[W]] L
@ Vanderbilt W

[[7-5]] 5-7

Probably a bit optimistic, but you never know with Jim Grobe.

My thoughts, though it looks like the WF QBs have thrown the ball around pretty well so far in practice. Still, WF lost 3 starters on Defense to the NFL this past season and 3 the year before and it is really hard for a school with academic standards like WF to replace that kind of talent.

#50 The Other Colbert

The Other Colbert

new

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

Michigan

vs. Connecticut W
at Notre Dame W
vs. Massachusetts W
vs. Bowling Green W
at Indiana W