Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richardson approaching Fox about his contract status?

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

You want a coach that built this team and took us to at least the NFCCG to leave and go to another team?

You want to keep around a HC that has had 3 winning seasons in 8 years because of the season he had 5 years ago?

Posted · Report post

You couldnt be a bigger JR ass kisser if you tried.

Panthers have been dirt cheap in free agency over the last 9 years. They only like to give contracts to average goody two shoe christian boys like Jake Delhomme

what about steve smith and Chris Gamble?

Posted · Report post

Panthers have been dirt cheap in free agency over the last 9 years. They only like to give contracts to average goody two shoe christian boys like Jake Delhomme

You want to keep around a HC that has had 3 winning seasons in 8 years because of the season he had 5 years ago?

Bobby, you are consistent, so lets hear the FA answers we missed out on since 2001 and the head coach available after 2010 that will correct the course this ship is headed. You obviously have some sort of idea about what should have been done in the past as well as what needs to be done after Fox, enlighten us...Personally, I haven't seen anything in the FA market in the past couple years that makes me think twice and I really believe the next great NFL coach is someone who hasn't held the position before. It's easy to keep up with the criticisms you have if you don't offer a suggestion for improvement...maybe Fox should start cussing all the time and we can put up a banner in the stadium that says "Commitment to Excellence"...

Posted · Report post

Yeah. Okay lil bobby. I'm an ass kisser..lol you definately don't know the first thing about me. So, please tell us more of your ignorance.

I see you neglected to mention when richardson extended fox the first time, made fox a top 5 paid head coach.

You bring up free agency, but the panthers just are NOT major players in free agency. Ya don't build a team through free agency. Just doest work.

You also failed to mention that when the core players get extended, they get top dollar contracts. In fact, wharton was the highest paid guard in the league when he signed his current contract.

But keep talking about poo you obviously know nothing about.

Lil bobby = waste of oxygen.

Posted · Report post

Panthers have been in the top 5 for spending since before fox and huney been here.

Posted · Report post

Quick peek at active coach's win % (minimum 50 games):

1- Andy Reid .617

2- Bill Belichick .617

3- Wade Phillips .600

4- Mike Shanahan .598

5- Sean Payton .594

6- Mike McCarthy .594

7- Brad Childress .563

8- John Fox .555

9- Jeff Fisher .553

10- Tom Coughlin .549

Looking at the names on that list... it's some pretty good company. Let's pay our coach and go win some football games.

Posted · Report post

3- Wade Phillips .600

7- Brad Childress .563

Sometimes winning percentages do not reflect how good a coach is...

Posted · Report post

Fox probably does deserve top 10 money. He doesn't deserve Belichek or Shanahan money. He doesn't deserve Pete Carroll money, but then Pete Carroll doesn't deserve Pete Carroll money. But coach Fox might deserve Jeff Fisher money.

pretty much Fox= Jeff Fisher.

And I'm just fine with that.

Posted · Report post

JR isnt willing to pay him for two reasons.

1. He's cheap

2. He finally realizes that John Fox is a lost cause and isnt going to take this team anywhere.

Time for JR to find the next Rex Ryan... If he has the balls to that is!

Other than himself who has crowned Rex a superbowl champ.John Fox is not a lost cause.He has taken us to both the playoffs and super bowl.He is a conservative coach and has made mistakes like every other coach but he is not a lost cause.

Posted · Report post

JR has more to lose if there is a lockout.He is one of the few owners that owns the stadium and will still have to pay for it if there would be a lock out.I am proud we have a team and I am glad we have an owner that built a stadium without tax payer money.He has made it very clear that he rejects the idea of overpaying players and the day the NFL becomes like the NBA and major league baseball where you buy a championship he will sell out.I dont call that cheap but rather smart.

Posted · Report post

Sometimes winning percentages do not reflect how good a coach is...

or bad... Totally agree! But I still think Fox has proven himself against his peers, and though he may not be the "best", his name is not far down the list.

Is there a reliable site that gives coaches' and players' salaries? (Preferably in sortable fields)???

Would love to make a "value chart" with a ranking of "dollars to wins" value.

Posted · Report post

I will take a proven fox over any one out there, especially Cowher. As an NC State alum I still take Fox.

(insert teddy kgb voice) pay this man his money