77 replies to this topic

#1 smash_n_dash

smash_n_dash

Double Trouble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:54 PM

Was it just me or did Moore float that INT? I can't remember the exact yardage but it couldn't have been much longer than a 40 yard pass and he lobbed that ball up in the air. Accuracy was great as far as the pass being just in front of the receiver and on the sideline, but the air time allowed the safety to waltz over and grab it. Same thing on that hail mary at the end of 1st half. We had the ball at the 48 yard line and he threw it as high as a punter would kick it. All he needed to do was throw a normal pass like 2 seconds sooner and we would have had a better chance at at least completing a pass.

#2 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:55 PM

Was it just me or did Moore float that INT? I can't remember the exact yardage but it couldn't have been much longer than a 40 yard pass and he lobbed that ball up in the air. Accuracy was great as far as the pass being just in front of the receiver and on the sideline, but the air time allowed the safety to waltz over and grab it. Same thing on that hail mary at the end of 1st half. We had the ball at the 48 yard line and he threw it as high as a punter would kick it. All he needed to do was throw a normal pass like 2 seconds sooner and we would have had a better chance at at least completing a pass.

To be fair LaFell could have gone up and fought for the ball instead of just watching Leonard intercept it....

#3 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:57 PM

To be fair LaFell could have gone up and fought for the ball instead of just watching Leonard intercept it....

I thought it was an excellent pass at that range and that it was more on the receiver to get under it.

#4 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:57 PM

I was in the corner of the endzone and it looked like LaFell gave up on the play a split second too early. If he had followed the ball through then that would have been a much more difficult INT. As hard as LaFell can hit it probably wouldn't have been one.

#5 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:58 PM

I thought it was an excellent pass at that range and that it was more on the receiver to get under it.

Yea at least go up and become the DB in that situation. LaFell could have easily batted the ball out of play there. As they say though, hindsight is 20-20.....

#6 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:00 AM

Yea at least go up and become the DB in that situation. LaFell could have easily batted the ball out of play there. As they say though, hindsight is 20-20.....

I don't think it was a matter of hindsight. It's never ok to give up on the play. He shouldn't have needed advanced knowledge of the future to know to do that.

Edited by SorthNarolina, 22 August 2010 - 12:13 AM.

#7 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,821 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:11 AM

I agree that the ball probably did float a little, but was really more pissed that LaFell just watched the interception happen instead of at least trying to stop it....smh

#8 Wither

Wither

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:12 AM

I agree that the ball probably did float a little, but was really more pissed that LaFell just watched the interception happen instead of at least trying to stop it....smh

Hell, I thought he had a chance of catching it. If you want to be lined up across from Smitty you have to start making plays like him.

#9 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:13 AM

I hope he throws that ball the exact same way during the season. Because Smitty would have caught it.

#10 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:14 AM

He also had a beauty of a pass to Kenny Moore, but the defense on that play was spectacular.

#11 Wither

Wither

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:17 AM

I hope he throws that ball the exact same way during the season. Because Smitty would have caught it.

Exactly my point. ;)

#12 smash_n_dash

smash_n_dash

Double Trouble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:18 AM

Speaking of K. Moore, he had a nice grab that was called back because of *ding ding ding* a false start penalty on King

#13 Wither

Wither

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:23 AM

Speaking of K. Moore, he had a nice grab that was called back because of *ding ding ding* a false start penalty on King

I didn't even see that one as it happened. I wanted to call :icon_bs:.

#14 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:41 AM

I thought that was an illegal formation penalty?

#15 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:43 AM

I thought that was an illegal formation penalty?

purty sure it was. Can't remember who. That's the second time Moore has made a 2nd effort catch like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com