Photo
- - - - -

MM deep throws

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
77 replies to this topic

#76 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

Guys it's one play... chill

Hell yea, thats why those things happen in PRE-SEASON and get corrected

#77 smash_n_dash

smash_n_dash

Double Trouble

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

It wasn't just one play, it was two plays and they are comparative to all his deep passes. I am of the opinion the ball was just slightly off target but we are talking about a 40+ yard throw and he landed it almost perfectly where it needed to be (half a yard too far and half a yard too far inbounds). My issue with the pass is that he gave the ball way too much air time allowing the safety to come across and intercept it... or he waited too long to throw it.

Similar situation with the hail mary. Why even bother with a "miracle catch" when you can throw almost the same distance to someone who can catch it in stride rather than sit there and pretend you are a punt returner. Like someone else said, he was throwing punts out there instead of darts.

#78 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:59 PM

I must say that Moore's hail marry looked very "Delhommeesque". He had to rainbow it real high to get the ball as far as it went, and even then it was 5 yards or so short of the end zone. I don't see it as a big deal really as accuracy is more important than being able to throw the ball 60+ yards, but this topic had its own thread so I thought I would add my .02.