• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrooklynMan

Jimmy Clausen's Throwing Motion

And All I have said is stop trying to act as if they are on even ground they aren't. Moore didn't have meaningless wins, they were regular season wins against teams that were trying to win and gameplanning to beat us unlike preseason.

No one is saying he is an experienced quarterback we are saying he has a ton more experience than Clausen and that is fact. The reason he is starting is because he is our most experienced quarterback plain and simple.

And again you just don't get it. More has earned it based on what he did over the past 3 years, Fox said as much. As soon as you accept that and move on, you will be fine. Again the only folks saying what you just did are in the media and on this message board.

Moore has earned to start. What more do you think he has earned?

You are too busy defending Moore to realize that many of us are not actually against him. I'm rooting for Moore, just not annointing him like you are. Frankly, I expect him to earn it.

Like others have said, that interception last night happened because he stared down the receiver, not because of his throwing motion.

To me, his throwing motion looks fine.

Moore has earned to start. What more do you think he has earned?

You are too busy defending Moore to realize that many of us are not actually against him. I'm rooting for Moore, just not annointing him like you are. Frankly, I expect him to earn it.

By most accounts he has earned it and observers like Gantt who is there every day says it isn't even close. What do you know that he doesn't??

I am not a great Moore fan but I did see what he did last year and believe that he he is the better player and is the better choice for the starter. Nothing that Clausen has done changes that at all.

I don't need to defend him since there is nothing to defend him against. He is the starter and is the better quarterback. Only a few people here and media types keep talking about how great Clausen is. It is the same thing over and over. Only after last night there is much less to point to at this junction. After next Saturday there will be even less.

By most accounts he has earned it and observers like Gantt who is there every day says it isn't even close. What do you know that he doesn't??

I am not a great Moore fan but I did see what he did last year and believe that he he is the better player and is the better choice for the starter. Nothing that Clausen has done changes that at all.

I don't need to defend him since there is nothing to defend him against. He is the starter and is the better quarterback. Only a few people here and media types keep talking about how great Clausen is. It is the same thing over and over. Only after last night there is much less to point to at this junction. After next Saturday there will be even less.

Next Saturday Moore will play 1/2 to 2/3 of the game. It's won't be about Moore vs Clausen. It will be Moore vs Moore. Is he moving the starters down the field or isn't he? When Jake got pulled it wasn't because there was a "better" quarterback waiting in the wings. I'm saying essentially that... I don't think Clausen has earned the right to start. But if Moore doesn't go out there and earn his spot he deserves to be in competition for the role.

Don't know if this affects his throwing motion but I've noticed Clausen grips the ball in an unconventional way. His index finger is on the tip of the ball. Looks a bit awkward.

Clausen has had a private QB coach since he was 10 - his throwing motion is fine. He stared down that receiver and the corner made a nice play. Dan Marino would have been picked off in that situation if he stared a wideout down like that. Just a rookie mistake.

Exactly! a rookie mistake by wanting something to happen when throwing in a pressure situation.

In my opinion Clausen is very heady for his age and will only get better with time.

Next Saturday Moore will play into the third quarter. It won't be Moore versus Clausen but Moore versus Tenessee's defense. Is he moving the starters down the field or isn't he? When Jake got pulled it wasn't because there was a "better" quarterback waiting in the wings. In fact if Moore had shown he was the man it would have been easier to make the switch. The same holds true for Clausen. But if Moore doesn't play well once the regular season starts then at some point before the year is out if we have a losing record, expect Clausen to get a potential shot. Hopefully Clausen keeps improving so he gives the Panthers another option.

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you.

I don't think the meaning changed at all, but don't disagree with what you wrote.

I don't think the meaning changed at all, but don't disagree with what you wrote.

The difference is subtle. You think that Moore has to prove himself in preseason I think he has to show it during the regular season. If Moore is stinking it up and Clausen continues to improve, at some point Clausen could become the better option.

But I say that knowing that Moore has never really had a terrible game in the 8 he has started. I don't think he will go on a bad streak now.

The difference is subtle. You think that Moore has to prove himself in preseason I think he has to show it during the regular season. If Moore is stinking it up and Clausen continues to improve, at some point Clausen could become the better option.

But I say that knowing that Moore has never really had a terrible game in the 8 he has started. I don't think he will go on a bad streak now.

That is a very realistic and logical outlook concerning Jimmy Clausen.

I feel this kid has the potential to be the best Panthers quarterback to date given time...But by no means am i giving up on Matt Moore.

Don't know if this affects his throwing motion but I've noticed Clausen grips the ball in an unconventional way. His index finger is on the tip of the ball. Looks a bit awkward.

It looks awkward, but it helps a lot with accuracy. Kinda like after the throw your pointing at your target. The conventional way gives you more velocity and a better spiral. Clausens throws had a wounded duck look to them against the ravens, but I guess that was just trying to overthrow the ball or jitters. His throws against the jets looked a lot cleaner, the accuracy was a bit off and a few balls were thrown high, that could be results from the pressure and scrambling, but he does look like he can be good. I like Moore as of now, his personality might not be fiery, but he does win when it counts.

It looks awkward, but it helps a lot with accuracy. Kinda like after the throw your pointing at your target. The conventional way gives you more velocity and a better spiral. Clausens throws had a wounded duck look to them against the ravens, but I guess that was just trying to overthrow the ball or jitters. His throws against the jets looked a lot cleaner, the accuracy was a bit off and a few balls were thrown high, that could be results from the pressure and scrambling, but he does look like he can be good. I like Moore as of now, his personality might not be fiery, but he does win when it counts.

And having no protection at all and scrubs playing around him.

That is a very realistic and logical outlook concerning Jimmy Clausen.

I feel this kid has the potential to be the best Panthers quarterback to date given time...But by no means am i giving up on Matt Moore.

He will have time..the question is will he have the opportunity?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Grammysweets123

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts