Photo
- - - - -

So did anyone see Kris Jenkins taunting the panthers fan?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
142 replies to this topic

#136 liljah8303

liljah8303

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

Kris Jenkins called out a terrible team in 07. It's like calling out the Detroit Lions, or the NJ Nets. You cant squeeze juice out of a turnip. As a leader you have to know when its okay to call out a team or a player. In Jenkins case he called out a terrible team. In Beasons case we were coming off a 12-4 year returning 21-22 starters and we were a solid team. Peppers the "C' of the Defense played like a puss the first 3 games, and was a big reason we were 0-3. As a "C" you have to lead by example, and the only one doing that on defense was John. He had the right to call out peppers, and when he did.....guess what? He got results.

Jenkins is a scrub, and you pantherbob are an idiot!

#137 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• PipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

Kris Jenkins called out a terrible team in 07. It's like calling out the Detroit Lions, or the NJ Nets. You cant squeeze juice out of a turnip. As a leader you have to know when its okay to call out a team or a player. In Jenkins case he called out a terrible team. In Beasons case we were coming off a 12-4 year returning 21-22 starters and we were a solid team. Peppers the "C' of the Defense played like a puss the first 3 games, and was a big reason we were 0-3. As a "C" you have to lead by example, and the only one doing that on defense was John. He had the right to call out peppers, and when he did.....guess what? He got results.

Jenkins is a scrub, and you pantherbob are an idiot!

The panthers were only 2-2 when Jenkins called the team out. Its not like they were terrible. He called it like he saw it and he deserves to praised for it. I dont even have a problem with what Beason did either. I just find it funny how Beason gets praised for what he did and Jenkins was an ass for doing the same thing. That my friend is called a double standard!

Jenkins is a prophet! You my friend are pathetic little follower.

#138 liljah8303

liljah8303

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

lol a prophet? Wow!

And the Chris Weinkie Panthers were undefeated after one game.

He my friend was the prophet.

#139 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• PipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:10 PM

Chris Weinke was a mere mortal.

#140 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:19 AM

I see CheddarBob made yet another account.

Is that why he has rep?

Dude! Thats not even funny!

No its not, its patheticbob.

#141 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:43 AM

The panthers were only 2-2 when Jenkins called the team out. Its not like they were terrible. He called it like he saw it and he deserves to praised for it. I dont even have a problem with what Beason did either. I just find it funny how Beason gets praised for what he did and Jenkins was an ass for doing the same thing. That my friend is called a double standard!

Jenkins is a prophet! You my friend are pathetic little follower.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

#142 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

Jenkins was quite a character while he was here. On one hand he sometimes was the most dominant DT in the league. Other times he was a petulant self-absorbed outcast. He really went through swings from one extreme to the other in his play and locker room presence.

Like Peppers, he didn't want to be here and made that clear in many ways. But for the most part he did his job without complaining. Unfortunately, like Peppers we will ultimately be better off without him. Just like in the end Washington will be better off without Haynesworth. I have to admit though that I did like him and wish we could have worked things out.

Interestingly, Jenkins seems to be somewhat mellowing as he ages evidenced by his interview where he actually has shown some insight and introspection. When you compare his reported drunken depressed period when he got injured in 2004/2005 to last year it is easily to see that he handled the injury last year much better.

I don't necessarily think that the episodes calling out teamates with Jenkins and Beason are analogous at all. Beason's was a bad idea from the get go and should have been kept in private as he later admitted. But it was his attempt to show leadership but instead showed inexperience at being a leader.
Jenkins outburst was more frustration after a loss if I remember correctly and wasn't really a effort to show leadership as that really wasn't his role on the team.
Honestly I don't think calling out folks is necessarily bad but I don't think it is most effective in public. But I am probably from the old school which preaches praise in public and scold in private.

#143 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

. But I am probably from the old school which preaches praise in public and scold in private.

It's a shame that proper public etiquette has to be referred to as "old school" thinking. It should be current school, or always school.