• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#91 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

No jumping here. Actually, we both are if you want to look at it like that. I would think had he done his DD LESS fallout. But maybe I'm being overly optimistic.

Eh, perhaps I'm just being pessimistic. I just think being offended by a mosque close to ground zero is pretty irrational and no amount of PR would fix that.

#92 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,198 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:59 PM

Eh, perhaps I'm just being pessimistic. I just think being offended by a mosque close to ground zero is pretty irrational and no amount of PR would fix that.

Possibly so. And thanks for totally getting the point. It's not a bigot or constitution thing from the angle I'm working. PR and biz. That's it.
But some are hysterical and maybe need a blanky and some warm milk. :smash:

#93 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

can you name the bigots he would be meeting with?

poo pstall you have the point RIGHT THERE

He does not have to meet with Newt Gingrich, or Glenn Beck, or Harry Reid.

He met with his real estate agent and the city taxman.

#94 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

But some are hysterical and maybe need a blanky and some warm milk. :smash:

Says the guy who's been whining about feelings in two threads for days now.

#95 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,198 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:46 PM

Hardly calling it whining. But once again, the powers of concession doesn't belong to the left. When your argument is weak or you get off track on what you meant to argue about, cry racism, homophobia or bigotry and that usually throws the other person off topic and then they throw their hands up and the other guy feels like they won but forgot what they were debating.

I need some Newcastles and football right now. Oh and lawn darts...

#96 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:14 PM

Hardly calling it whining. But once again, the powers of concession doesn't belong to the left. When your argument is weak or you get off track on what you meant to argue about, cry racism, homophobia or bigotry and that usually throws the other person off topic and then they throw their hands up and the other guy feels like they won but forgot what they were debating.

I need some Newcastles and football right now. Oh and lawn darts...

Hey guys, look at how weak our argument is. People oppose a mosque on the grounds of religion, but that doesn't make them bigots! And calling them bigots just shows how weak our argument really is! Add in the fact that, as I learned last night, calling a bunch of bigots "a bunch of bigots" really makes YOU the bigot.

Posted Image

Thank you Tinderbox posters for opening my eyes.

#97 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,198 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:17 PM

Hey guys, look at how weak our argument is. People oppose a mosque on the grounds of religion, but that doesn't make them bigots! And calling them bigots just shows how weak our argument really is! Add in the fact that, as I learned last night, calling a bunch of bigots "a bunch of bigots" really makes YOU the bigot.

Posted Image

Thank you Tinderbox posters for opening my eyes.

So I'm a bigot by knocking this guys approach?

#98 cantrell

cantrell

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

So I'm a bigot by knocking this guys approach?

What specifically is your problem with his approach?

#99 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

What specifically is your problem with his approach?

that turban crap.

#100 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

Bullshit pstall, you want concessions on Freedom of Religion. I hate religion for the most part, and I can see how terrible an idea this is. How does one "compromise"?

Oh, it's an "unpopular" religion? People don't "like it"? Does that make it OK to be able to dictate where it can setup shop based on mob rule? What happens when the mob decides that they don't want it in "their" town limits? Let me guess, more compromise! I mean heck, it can be on the other side of the city limit sign just as easily as it can be on this one, right? What's the big deal?

#101 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,198 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:47 PM

Bullpoo pstall, you want concessions on Freedom of Religion. I hate religion for the most part, and I can see how terrible an idea this is. How does one "compromise"?

Oh, it's an "unpopular" religion? People don't "like it"? Does that make it OK to be able to dictate where it can setup shop based on mob rule? What happens when the mob decides that they don't want it in "their" town limits? Let me guess, more compromise! I mean heck, it can be on the other side of the city limit sign just as easily as it can be on this one, right? What's the big deal?

go back and find me exactly where i had any issue with the religion part of this. I will buy you steaks for each account you can find.
Please, step away from the huffpoo,msnbc,whatever lefty blog said for you to think and quit the liberal tourettes answers you keep trying to give to this topic.
Approach bingo, I'm talking about the dudes approach. The compromise is for him and the city to agree on IF that's what he and them want to do. By no means does he have to or need to. Do we need to play Win Lose or Draw here so some of you can begin to grasp this?

See I think some of you are baffled that I haven't gone the route of hating Muslims or they should be banned and Islam is teh evil.
So the more you argue that insidious and goofy point, you think sooner or later it will have to be proven true because I'm a liberal, by God I'm always on the right side of the argument ledger.

This is hilarious. It really really is. Are some of you getting straight injections of talking points instead of Newsfeeds? :smilielol5:

#102 cantrell

cantrell

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

He is not wrong for exercising his 1st Amendment rights. He is not wrong for not "compromising" with others over his 1st Amendment rights. There is nothing wrong with his "approach".

This isn't difficult to understand.

#103 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,198 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:51 PM

He is not wrong for exercising his 1st Amendment rights. He is not wrong for not "compromising" with others over his 1st Amendment rights. There is nothing wrong with his "approach".

This isn't difficult to understand.

I meant to respond to you earlier on your question to me.
Let's meet half way on this. Spell out his approach overall on this, then I will chime in on what parts I liked or disliked. Fair?

#104 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

Really come on people. This is no more offensive than a rebel flag in a field out in the middle of nowhere.

#105 cantrell

cantrell

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

I meant to respond to you earlier on your question to me.
Let's meet half way on this. Spell out his approach overall on this, then I will chime in on what parts I liked or disliked. Fair?

He invoked his 1st Amendment rights.

Which part do you dislike?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.