60 replies to this topic

#31 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

even at USC he didn't get tons of seperation when a defender was playing man on him.

I would really like to see him play a full quarter or something. A chance to stay on the field instead of coming on and off. I don't like Fox mixing it up so much. I think he should have picked a game and given one guy more consistant reps over a quarter intead of spot duty for all WRs over the course of a game. I would imagine it being difficult when every time you look up Fox has inserted a different scrub WR.

Geez could you make anymore excuses for the dude... You know Eric Sheldon was just mishandled thats why he sucked so much and only if we would have gave Jake just one more season I know he could of got out of that funk. Its all how Fox handles the players RIGHT....

#32 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,469 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:42 PM

I won't deny Jarrett sucks, because he hasn't proven himself. But at this point, no one has stood out, so hes just as good (or bad...) as every receiver except smitty. One difference is, Jarrett has had alot more time to get better and hasn't done so yet, which pisses alot of people off, including me

#33 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

I won't deny Jarrett sucks, because he hasn't proven himself. But at this point, no one has stood out, so hes just as good (or bad...) as every receiver except smitty. One difference is, Jarrett has had alot more time to get better and hasn't done so yet, which pisses alot of people off, including me

He would not know what route to take to prove himself.

#34 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:30 PM

preseasons games 1 and 2 really don't mean that much.

Not gameplanning makes a huge difference. So does not having Smith on the field. So does Fox not really running/playcalling like he would in a game.

I think people should hold off on the player x sucks or is great. I wouldn't be shocked if the offense takes a pretty big step forward against Tenn and the defense took one backwards. D ain't is good as it appears nor is the offense as bad most likely.

Good point! Every year in preseason Jarrett looks like poo but come regular season...... oh snap!

Well this time will definitely be different. I really mean it this time. Seriously....

#35 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:34 PM

It goes both ways.

But do you, is the real question.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you could catch a clue. Joooking!

Edited by Dock, 23 August 2010 - 04:38 PM.

#36 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,892 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:37 PM

:leaving:

#37 Wither

Wither

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

:leaving:

You're the woman in the avatar, right?

#38 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

....Its too bad his rep sucks because the dude seems to have glue all over his hands...

#39 Wither

Wither

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

....Its too bad his rep sucks because the dude seems to have glue all over his hands...

Yeah, me too, sort of.

#40 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,648 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

even at USC he didn't get tons of seperation when a defender was playing man on him.

I would really like to see him play a full quarter or something. A chance to stay on the field instead of coming on and off. I don't like Fox mixing it up so much. I think he should have picked a game and given one guy more consistant reps over a quarter intead of spot duty for all WRs over the course of a game. I would imagine it being difficult when every time you look up Fox has inserted a different scrub WR.

I agree. Whether it is Jarrett, Moore, LaFell or whoever, instead of rotating every few plays I want to see the same guys play all half. Lets see what happens when they can develop some consistency.

#41 bigjohn

bigjohn

Block and Tackle

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

Decent blocker, big body, great hands... can't get separation.

We already have 3 tight ends.

#42 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

Yeah, me too, sort of.

lol...thats cause ur head isn't big enough to keep ur hand from sliding off... I think in ur case its goo...

#43 Wither

Wither

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

lol...thats cause ur head isn't big enough to keep ur hand from sliding off... I think in ur case its goo...

Ha Ha Ha. :driving:

#44 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:43 PM

Who would you rather have on the roster, Dwayne Jarrett or Keary Colbert? Both set records at USC, both look good against the other team's second string, and both played well in preseason. But one's regular season stats are light years ahead of the other's, playing in the same offense for the same coach.

#45 Wither

Wither

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:45 PM

Who would you rather have on the roster, Dwayne Jarrett or Keary Colbert? Both set records at USC, both look good against the other team's second string, and both played well in preseason. But one's regular season stats are light years ahead of the other's, playing in the same offense for the same coach.

That's a trick question. The real answer is another Smitty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com