Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Number one Defence in the preseason is..

118 posts in this topic

Posted

Ahhh the message boards so politically correct that they have to correct a typo instead of having a discussion...

you meant "message board's", right?

Posted

Whats a defence?

Posted

Whats a defence?

As we have already discussed if you had read the thread you would know its how defense is spelled the proper way not the bastardized American way.

Posted

Ahhh the message boards so politically correct that they have to correct a typo instead of having a discussion...

I am 100% against typos being corrected.Things of this nature could actually allow one to understand a message.We all know this should not happen.:lol:

Posted

awesome. When do we get our #1 preseason defense trophy?

Bad-Loser-Resin-Trophy.jpg

Posted

awesome. When do we get our #1 preseason defense trophy?

Bad-Loser-Resin-Trophy.jpg

Okay i get it optimism is not allowed here.... your all pessimistic short sighted whiners.

Posted

What is our ranking on the offensive side of the ball?

I bet it's like 49 or 50, right?

Posted

All I am saying is that paying any attention to preseason rankings is about as useful as Eric Sheltons touchdown shelf.

Posted

Like I said, the best thing about our defense is that it is only going to get better as the players become accustomed to their new roles (and the rookies become accustomed to the NFL in general).

Posted

What is our ranking on the offensive side of the ball?

I bet it's like 49 or 50, right?

Right because there's 49 or 50 teams... at the moment we are second to last or 31st since you think there are 50 teams....

but in my experience when you take the best player off any team in footballs offense there usually not very good..

Posted

Hmm. So when the Jets made our offense look like rubbish, it's because we weren't game planning, didn't prepare for their blitz, and weren't showing our hand, and were missing folk (Otah would've changed little, Smitty would've been doubled in the regular season...maybe covered by Revis). But I wonder how many of you think the Jets were playing full steam ahead on offense, and our killer D simply shut them down?

It's true, the D did show signs of hope, but yeah, the pre-season isn't much of a gauge.

Posted

All I am saying is that paying any attention to preseason rankings is about as useful as Eric Sheltons touchdown shelf.

Well our pre-season short comings on defense carried over to the regular season last year... defense success/failing tends to carry more than offense because defense is more instincts and were offense tends to rely on execution.