beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:28 PM

Did you laugh?

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4739282

All that needs to be said. Unless you want more?

#78 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,538 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:29 PM

They made the playoffs and they have an extra 1st next year.

Not sure how either of those things are related to the topic at hand unless the topic morphed into which team has the best front office.

#79 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,481 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:32 PM

Please tell me how he could've spent more money to make this team better?

2 words Anquan Boldin. Sorry but that would have cost us but we would instantly have one of the best Duos in the NFL.

#80 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,516 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:35 PM

but the difference with those teams and ours are we let good guys walk for free, while they get compensated for getting rid of there old guys.(i do realize we might get a 3rd rounder for pep).

#81 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

2 words Anquan Boldin. Sorry but that would have cost us but we would instantly have one of the best Duos in the NFL.

I don't think it would've worked out well, but I think that is way more feasible than some of the other options.

#82 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,309 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:42 PM

but the difference with those teams and ours are we let good guys walk for free, while they get compensated for getting rid of there old guys.(i do realize we might get a 3rd rounder for pep).

what do you mean get compensated for getting rid of there old guys?

if you mean by trade, then yes, they get something back in the trade..

if you mean by letting them walk, you're still right, because you are rewarded an extra draft pick based on the talent of that player..

I guess you get more from a team if you can dupe that team into handing over more than what the NFL might reward you.. and there is the time factor in the latter example..

our backup olinemen we lost are an example of where we will receive compensation..

(I don't know exactly how they determine the extra picks, just that they do)

#83 smash_n_dash

smash_n_dash

Double Trouble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4739282

All that needs to be said. Unless you want more?

Sure, I need more.

#84 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,514 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:31 PM

No way would those teams let Pro Bowlers like Asante Samuel, Brian Dawkins or Joey Porter just walk!

#85 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,509 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:33 PM

At the risk of offending p55.

I think p55 has been talking his theory so long, that he believes it, heart and soul.

I don't think going young was anything but cutting weight, and moving forward with guys they believe in. Yes, they they are so clearing a lot of dead money. Enables them to have a very managable team salery when the new cba is done.

Jake...had to go.
Moose... love ya, but no longer a viable starter.
Hoover... love ya, but the writing had been on the wall for years.
Dline...honestly, has needed an overhaul for several seasons, and as you can see, its not the doom and gloom that many including p55 predicted.
Harris....give me a younger up and coming safety that can cover any day.

Once there is a new cba in place, I expect richardson to give hurney the green light on getting the core guys their extensions. Whether or not fox returns, doesn't really matter...this is foxs team as long as he wants it.

As far as free agents, there weren't any worth signing in my opinion. Not for the panthers.

Am sure I'll get abused for this post... so be it.

#86 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,309 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:42 AM

I think p55 has been talking his theory so long, that he believes it, heart and soul.

I don't think going young was anything but cutting weight, and moving forward with guys they believe in. Yes, they they are so clearing a lot of dead money. Enables them to have a very managable team salery when the new cba is done.

Jake...had to go.
Dline...honestly, has needed an overhaul for several seasons, and as you can see, its not the doom and gloom that many including p55 predicted.

Once there is a new cba in place, I expect richardson to give hurney the green light on getting the core guys their extensions. Whether or not fox returns, doesn't really matter...this is foxs team as long as he wants it.

As far as free agents, there weren't any worth signing in my opinion. Not for the panthers.

nah, I agree with you.. the only real weak spot that would help our new QB would be a solid #2.. and Marshall would have been a great pickup.. thats the only part I disagree with you on, being any FAs available...

#87 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,538 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:08 AM

Jake...had to go.

No offense taken. My posts in the offseason reflected my feeling then based on where we were and my bias toward keeping veterans over rookies and proven entities over possibilities. (Jake excluded)

Do I feel the same way now? For me the jury is still out. Some things like the D line has been surprisingly solid while the offense has been surprisingly bad so far.

Do I agree that there were no free agents available for us, absolutely not. But once we went on a cheap youth oriented movement, we weren't going to go in that direction. And that was the team philosophy.

How have things worked out at this point? The jury is still out. Do I wish that some of the veterans were here. Talk to me in a few months when we have a better feel with how things are going and we see the injury situation. Remember my bigggest concern wasn't even the guys we were replacing but all the backups we were replacing as well. Something like a total of 18 guys. Depth is still a big concern in my mind.

But this is all in good fun and everyone has a right to voice their opinions.

#88 HPPantherzfan

HPPantherzfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:06 AM

well also because he's old and broken down, though I do expect him to catch on at the end of a camp somewhere.

Its also because Hoover is retired, talked to his brother last week at East Coast Wings, Hoover isn't even working out anymore! He is done!

#89 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:18 AM

Please tell me how he could've spent more money to make this team better?

Trading a 3rd round pick to Arizona for Anquan Boldin and signing him to a long term deal comes to my mind.

Edited by bigdog10, 25 August 2010 - 08:30 AM.

#90 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,279 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:31 AM

Y'all listen to P55. He predicted all offseason about how terrible our D Line would be without Kemo, Lewis and Pep.

well, the same reason we shouldn't get too down on the offense is why we shouldn't get too high on the DL. It is very early. They will definately get the chance to face a proven top ground game Saturday night.

Edited by CRA, 25 August 2010 - 08:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.