Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6-2 as a starter

446 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Ok not bashing MM just want some thoughts and feed back. SO please don't crucify me. If MM is 6-2 as a starter. then that means he has played half a season. So the "getting settled in", "hes new", "WRs Suck", etc... excuses should be out the window when back up QBs have at least threw a TD pass and have a higher QB rating than what 36.something with crappy lines and crappy WRs. I know i know. they play 2nd string Ds, but see the ravens game were the DB position is thin, and you can even make a case for the jets with revis out and cromartie in ( a cast away )and a rookie playing db. I'm all for moore. I actually hope more does well and we can trade clausen (down the road obviosly). I know he did phenominal in the reg season games he has played, and I know its only preseason, But do you think he is taking his role lightly since it was just handed to him and therefore he isn't pushing him self or maybe its nerves of "wow this car is mine now. i might crash it. so i'm gonna drive really sloooow" ya know freaking out and not wanting to let the franchise down ( especially after seeing how fans crucified jake)? I hope the best for him and I have faith in him. if he does well maybe we can get that 2 round AE pick back with clausen! :cheers2:

Posted · Report post

not a good way to start off.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dpantherman']not a good way to start off.[/QUOTE]

An excellent way for me to get in another round of pictures, though.

Posted · Report post

might as well kill it, this thread is already dead to me

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dpantherman']might as well kill it, this thread is already dead to me[/QUOTE]

It's been like that recently. Shame.

Posted · Report post

MM has never played lights out in preseason. I'm not worried

Posted · Report post

So? dumping my question in a thread that is at the annoying point of even more pointless sh*t talking isn't going to get any response. I just want to know what people think. If you don't want to read my post don't click on it!
(6-2 as a starter should tip you off that its about MM). Its funny how "senior members" can post all the pointless nonsense that they want and no one says anything, but as soon as a newbie ask a question we are trolls and dumbasses. Eff off!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ConCity']So? dumping my question in a thread that is at the annoying point of even more pointless sh*t talking isn't going to get any response. I just want to know what people think. If you don't want to read my post don't click on it!
(6-2 as a starter should tip you off that its about MM). Its funny how "senior members" can post all the pointless nonsense that they want and no one says anything, but as soon as a newbie ask a question we are trolls and dumbasses. Eff off![/QUOTE]
:lol: for starters...maybe if you would look around before making a thread no one would bother you. There are horrible threads already w/ this topic in it, and they are near the top. If you would have looked, then you would have seen them. And you said troll and dumbass, not me....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dpantherman']:lol: for starters...maybe if you would look around before making a thread no one would bother you. There are horrible threads already w/ this topic in it, and they are near the top. If you would have looked, then you would have seen them. And you said troll and dumbass, not me....[/QUOTE]

It's your fault; you started it!

[quote name='ConCity']Its funny how "senior members" can post all the pointless nonsense that they want and no one says anything, but as soon as a newbie ask a question we are trolls and dumbasses.[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with that. It's all about execution, baby!

Just so you know, I started out as a "newbie" here too and way after most of the "senior members" joined this site. I made some stupid posts (not really threads) and still do, I just take them in stride and keep going.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dockery']It's your fault; you started it![/QUOTE]
guilty as charged

Posted · Report post

i should have went to bed 30 minutes ago. this place is nut house...but its all good. someone has to derail threads around here w/ Saltman on hiatus.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dpantherman']i should have went to bed 30 minutes ago. this place is nut house...but its all good. someone has to derail threads around here w/ Saltman on hiatus.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I used to be like a volunteer firefighter; always on standby for emergency derails.

Now with the cutbacks they have me working overtime!

Posted · Report post

It's also preseason on teh great huddle.

Posted · Report post

well i will let you finish it off. I've done enough screwing around for the day. I need to scale back tomorrow and actually get some work done. fugging bed time fo realz

Posted · Report post

This is the third new thread like this I've seen today.
I wish I had a machete and a flame thrower. I'd slash and burn half the threads here.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dpantherman']:lol: for starters...maybe if you would look around before making a thread no one would bother you. There are horrible threads already w/ this topic in it, and they are near the top. If you would have looked, then you would have seen them. And you said troll and dumbass, not me....[/QUOTE]

how is this horrible? Sorry that I don't spend as much time as you "senior members" and and comb through ever single post on here i actually have a life. So I had a question and wanted to see what other panthers fans thought. isn't that what forums are for? if yall want a private club for buddy buddy A holes that only want to hear each others questions or opions then get beers and talk privatly. If you didn't want to read about MM then don't click on it and search whatever you wanna read about. as for as your troll and dumbass commint. i said that because that all you guys do to people who arnt "senior member". you ban them you crucify them just for wanting some football talk. who cares if you don't approve. if you don't like it move on to a thread you do like plan and simple. live and let live.

Posted · Report post

If all you were going to do was bitch about "Senior Members" then why didn't you make that thread instead?

It seems like you came into this thread with a chip on your shoulder in regards to "Senior Members."

Hell, this isn't a retirement home.

I am sorry you were offended; I did not intend to offend you in such a manner. Please, continue with your thread.

[quote name='Dpantherman']well i will let you finish it off. I've done enough screwing around for the day. I need to scale back tomorrow and actually get some work done. fugging bed time fo realz[/QUOTE]

This is my work. I am endorsed by Prime-Mates Incorporated. (See what I did there? :p)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dockery']If all you were going to do was bitch about "Senior Members" then why didn't you make that thread instead?

It seems like you came into this thread with a chip on your shoulder in regards to "Senior Members."

Hell, this isn't a retirement home.

I am sorry you were offended; I did not intend to offend you in such a manner. Please, continue with your thread.

This is my work. I am endorsed by Prime-Mates Incorporated. (See what I did there? :p)[/QUOTE]

it wasn't my intention to bitch about senior members. yall started on me. why do you have to derail threads? and monitor threads? just live and let live . like i said before. if you click on it and don't like it just move on. how hard is that?

Posted · Report post

so i reaske my question...

Ok not bashing MM just want some thoughts and feed back. SO please don't crucify me. If MM is 6-2 as a starter. then that means he has played half a season. So the "getting settled in", "hes new", "WRs Suck", etc... excuses should be out the window when back up QBs have at least threw a TD pass and have a higher QB rating than what 36.something with crappy lines and crappy WRs. I know i know. they play 2nd string Ds, but see the ravens game were the DB position is thin, and you can even make a case for the jets with revis out and cromartie in ( a cast away )and a rookie playing db. I'm all for moore. I actually hope more does well and we can trade clausen (down the road obviosly). I know he did phenominal in the reg season games he has played, and I know its only preseason, But do you think he is taking his role lightly since it was just handed to him and therefore he isn't pushing him self or maybe its nerves of "wow this car is mine now. i might crash it. so i'm gonna drive really sloooow" ya know freaking out and not wanting to let the franchise down ( especially after seeing how fans crucified jake)? I hope the best for him and I have faith in him. if he does well maybe we can get that 2 round AE pick back with clausen!

Posted · Report post

for the past two years i've been thinking it would be great to have a forum for the new people that they had to post in until they got to like 500 post or something. so they can get a little bit of forum etiquette under their belts and stop posting repeat or just plain stupid threads.

then i thought about it. if they were all locked away in the newbie forum who would we have to harass and make fun of?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ConCity']it wasn't my intention to bitch about senior members. yall started on me. why do you have to derail threads? and monitor threads? just live and let live . like i said before. if you click on it and don't like it just move on. how hard is that?[/QUOTE]

Difficult. While you may think we both (three, now) came into this thread to derail it, we did not. We hoped it would be something to intrigue or entertain us. We often make posts such as those you saw in order to entertain ourselves if the thread itself cannot provide the entertainment for us.

You're right; I spend a lot of time on this forum. It lets me relax and have fun. I don't monitor threads, but I do read most of them and post in a lot of them as well. I felt this thread was similar to many others I have seen recently, which is why I responded in the manner that I did. It's hard to move on when you are used to participating in most threads, plus I will admit that some threads just beg to be ridiculed.

My biggest problem with your thread was the "wall of text" as they call it.

You shouldn't take it so personal. But, again, I apologize.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='d34']i dunno guys, i must have missed that hr meeting at the huddle office where we decided that all negativity towards matt moore was to be left at the door. I'm serious 90 percent of the huddle supports matt moore like he was the unquestioned 6 time pro bowler 4500 yard 30td passer that he is not. I wish the guy well, but at the same time I would love for every player in that roster to be in "a short leash". I hope moore kills, and if he dosen't then he really needs to get evaluated (i hope). There seems to be a serious backlash to anyone calling moore anything but hope, like called a troll, or even question the faith in the team. And look all I hope for the huddle is to understand that this guy has not grown on some people, and if the guy struggles next week, and we start shaky because poor offense/qb play to really realize that moore may not be the guy, clausen may be a bust and we might look to trade for a qb.....but seriously guys, i hope we can get moore of his high chair, go out there and earn your job buddy, start 6-0 THEN i might buy your jersey, till then...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ConCity']Ok not bashing MM just want some thoughts and feed back. SO please don't crucify me. If MM is 6-2 as a starter. then that means he has played half a season. So the "getting settled in", "hes new", "WRs Suck", etc... excuses should be out the window when back up QBs have at least threw a TD pass and have a higher QB rating than what 36.something with crappy lines and crappy WRs. I know i know. they play 2nd string Ds, but see the ravens game were the DB position is thin, and you can even make a case for the jets with revis out and cromartie in ( a cast away )and a rookie playing db. I'm all for moore. I actually hope more does well and we can trade clausen (down the road obviosly). I know he did phenominal in the reg season games he has played, and I know its only preseason, But do you think he is taking his role lightly since it was just handed to him and therefore he isn't pushing him self or maybe its nerves of "wow this car is mine now. i might crash it. so i'm gonna drive really sloooow" ya know freaking out and not wanting to let the franchise down ( especially after seeing how fans crucified jake)? I hope the best for him and I have faith in him. if he does well maybe we can get that 2 round AE pick back with clausen! :cheers2:[/QUOTE]
Hmmmmm... :sosp:

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot']Hmmmmm... :sosp:[/QUOTE]

The "Senior Members" thing really did stand out. Just seemed like he already had that anger pent up and like it did not develop overnight.

Posted · Report post

this that bullshit
[IMG]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2008/10/15/macaque-monkey-460x276.jpg[/IMG]