101 replies to this topic

#1 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:05 AM

The FoxSports Gallery, in the link listed below,has John Fox rated the # 1 NFL-coach-on-the hot-seat-in-2010.
This may or may not be the case,in my opinion.Comments from forum members will be appreciated.
Thanks

http://msn.foxsports...&photo=11599697

#2 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,367 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:07 AM

he isn't even sitting. he's walking around the seat trying to decide if he wants to sit.

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

Fwiw, that probably has a lot to do with not having a contract after this year. With such a young team, if he finishes 8-8 or better, he will be offered a new contract. Don't know if he will accept though.

#4 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,648 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:14 AM

He is already gone.

#5 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,367 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:15 AM

we're all gonna wish he'd stayed

#6 HPPantherzfan

HPPantherzfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:24 AM

we're all gonna wish he'd stayed

I'm sure going to miss those three winning seasons in 8 years and all that mediocre play mixed in with all that underachieving and beyond conservative boring arse football! Yep, I'm going to miss it :rolleyes:

#7 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,367 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:31 AM

don't really want to argue about it but he's always been competitive, has built something, and a new coach would just be starting all over again. players in place sure, but you think we're gonna go with someone who is just like fox, and will keep all assistants and schemes in place? losing fox will most likely be a step back, and don't expect miracle seasons like gruden got with the bucs, or tomlin with the steelers.

#8 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:38 AM

He is already gone.

yep, both he and Jerry both understand this is there last year together. Fox is a good coach but it is time for some new blood in here.

#9 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:40 AM

He is already gone.

If he's already gone, then where is he now? Seriously, where do you think he ends up, since the repeated theory is that he would become the most coveted coach on the market?

Final press conference about his tenure in Carolina:

"It was what it was."

#10 HPPantherzfan

HPPantherzfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

don't really want to argue about it but he's always been competitive,

I wouldn't say always, we have had 5 seaons at .500 or below. Thats not exactly competative. I will give you the fact he is the best coach the panthers have every had but that really isn't saying much.

has built something,

What has he built? Good players are/were either ready to leave or giving up on him...Peppers didn't want to play for Fox anymore so he left and you could hear it in Smitty's voice last year he was very very frustrated with what was going on. You may be able to say he has build a good D but we have always had a decent one...even before Fox! He hasn't developed a QB, or a WR. Not sure what you mean by he has build something :confused:

and a new coach would just be starting all over again. players in place sure, but you think we're gonna go with someone who is just like fox, and will keep all assistants and schemes in place? losing fox will most likely be a step back, and don't expect miracle seasons like gruden got with the bucs, or tomlin with the steelers.

Maybe, maybe not...only time will tell!

#11 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

don't really want to argue about it but he's always been competitive, has built something, and a new coach would just be starting all over again. players in place sure, but you think we're gonna go with someone who is just like fox, and will keep all assistants and schemes in place? losing fox will most likely be a step back, and don't expect miracle seasons like gruden got with the bucs, or tomlin with the steelers.

nah, too much talent for a new coach to take a step backwards.

#12 HPPantherzfan

HPPantherzfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:41 AM

If he's already gone, then where is he now? Seriously, where do you think he ends up, since the repeated theory is that he would become the most coveted coach on the market?

Final press conference about his tenure in Carolina:

"It was what it was."

If the NYG has a .500 or below year, he will end up there IMO

#13 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:43 AM

Get Fox outta here!!!!!!

#14 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:09 AM

If the NYG has a .500 or below year, he will end up there IMO

I don't know if he will land the NY gig, bringing in Fox is also committing your franchise to old school football. It is a passing league now and NY might not want to stay in the stoneage.

I think Fox will be the Brown head coach. They suck and Fox can turn them into a .500 team with his style.

#15 HPPantherzfan

HPPantherzfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:14 AM

I don't know if he will land the NY gig, bringing in Fox is also committing your franchise to old school football. It is a passing league now and NY might not want to stay in the stoneage.

I think Fox will be the Brown head coach. They suck and Fox can turn them into a .500 team with his style.

That would be a good fit for him, but Foxxy is very tight with the Giants ownership and many speculate that Coughlin only has a job this year because Fox was retained to finish up his contract. That is just speculation though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com