• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#16 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:50 AM

He's definitely not on the hot seat in the usual sense of the term. If he has a bad year he's gone but if he has a good year it's just going to come down to money. I would think he'd want to stay here simply to avoid the headache of going somewhere else, but if the money isn't there he'll take off in a heartbeat.

#17 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,764 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:07 AM

Mangenuis like a bullet

#18 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,161 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:09 AM

I wouldn't say always, we have had 5 seaons at .500 or below. Thats not exactly competative. I will give you the fact he is the best coach the panthers have every had but that really isn't saying much.

What has he built? Good players are/were either ready to leave or giving up on him...Peppers didn't want to play for Fox anymore so he left and you could hear it in Smitty's voice last year he was very very frustrated with what was going on. You may be able to say he has build a good D but we have always had a decent one...even before Fox! He hasn't developed a QB, or a WR. Not sure what you mean by he has build something :confused:

Maybe, maybe not...only time will tell!

1. 1 game below 500, and at least we haven't been the lions or browns
2. smitty was frustrated with jake and fox for being on his nuts.
3. peppers isn't too bright. just athletic
4. true. time will tell

#19 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:50 AM

Fox is a just above avg coach and has been good for us. But only 3 winning seasons in 8 years ain't really a good thing for a team. Most HC today on most Team now days would be fired if they had 2 bad seasons. 3 winnings seasons in 8 years is not what you would call a great coach. I'm sure we have a few former HCs out there is wanting this job next year. Like Bill Cowher for starts. But I'm sure if fox has a good season and gets the team back in the playoffs. I'm sure he will a new contract. But if he fails. Bye bye Foxy. :grouphug::svengo:

#20 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,106 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

First of all those 3 losing seasons were 7-9 with one of them a significant improvement over 1-15. He has not had the real stinkers many teams have. Sure we have some very average seasons as well and some very good ones.

He is not a great coach but is a good one. Lets see who we replace him with and have this discussion in a year or two as well. Then we will know if we are better off or not.

And there are a bunch of teams that would jump at a coach who will do no worse than 7-9 and could do as well as 12-4.

#21 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

God, just please don't promote Davidson up.

#22 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,161 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

what about Meeks? D is lookin' good.

#23 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:33 AM

what about Meeks? D is lookin' good.

I like Meeks a lot and he seems like a viable candidate. I'd be more worried about losing him than losing Foxy. Assuming when Fox goes everyone goes. That would be a mistake in my opinion.

#24 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:34 AM

Meeks is not a candidate.

Davidson is.

#25 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,271 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

sonofa

#26 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,399 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

Posted Image

#27 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

Meeks is not a candidate.

Davidson is.

why would Davidson be a candidate? It is normally coordinators who excell who get looks. Davidson isn't regarded as one of the better ones

#28 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:42 AM

Hasn't he developed one of the best rushing offenses in the league year after year even with a severely limited passing attack and qb?

#29 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:45 AM

don't really want to argue about it but he's always been competitive, has built something, and a new coach would just be starting all over again. players in place sure, but you think we're gonna go with someone who is just like fox, and will keep all assistants and schemes in place? losing fox will most likely be a step back, and don't expect miracle seasons like gruden got with the bucs, or tomlin with the steelers.

If a miracle can happen in New Orleans it can happen here especially since we have the talent. whoever gets this team will effectively be getting a corvette with a flat tire, fix it and lets roll even if it takes a year or 2. Fox has always done less with more and thats indicative of his record. I dont miss 'the DE formerly with the Panthers' and I wont miss Fox.

#30 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

I think Fox is gone after this season win or lose.He will get a good job.

I am more worried at the fact that everyone else is under 1 year deals..Fox could leave and take the entire coaching staff with him.lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.