Photo
- - - - -

Fox # 1 NFL Coach On Hotseat?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
101 replies to this topic

#37 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

Basing Fox's coaching "legacy" on whoever replaces him is flawed logic. Basing his "legacy" on his predecessors is just as flawed.

It doesn't matter if it's Brian Schottenheimer, Wade Phillips or Jim Zorn- not that I'm saying any of them are viable candidates- but that's the point. A lot of folks here are looking at the obvious possibilities and trying to compare Fox's reign to what the next guy might do or what the last guys really did do.

And, yes, Davidson is nothing more then John Fox in a Dan Henning costume v2.0. One need look no further than what Henning has accomplished in Miami and look at that offense versus what was in Charlotte during his stay. I spent 3 years screaming at Henning and it took one year to realize Davidson is running the same offense Henning did- the John Fox offense.

And for what it's worth, I still believe Jerry Richardson made up his mind last year that Fox was gone and I think he already knows who the next guy is. And I think he had made up his mind when he canned his sons and brought in Morrison. I think the next coach of the Carolina Panthers for the 2012 season is already a done deal, we just don't know who it is yet.

Edited by Anybodyhome, 25 August 2010 - 11:11 AM.

#38 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

HUDDLER

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

Fox could take the entire coaching staff with him.lol

Don't be surprised at all if this happens.

#39 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:33 AM

God, just please don't promote Davidson up.

I think I should be offended by that. ;)

#40 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• PipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:41 AM

I will say this, Fox is the kind of HC that will take a bad team and make them some what respectable or average. He'll have them hover around the 8-8 mark then have an occasional fluke season where everything bounces the right way and find a way to make the playoffs. However, he will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be a coach that can make a good team great or an average team more consistent. He could take over a great team like the patriots and he would find some way to make them underacheive. His brand of football is just too stale and too predictable for any team to be consistenly good.

#41 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

HUDDLER

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:45 AM

I'm surprised Lovie isn't higher

#42 natty

natty

HUDDLER

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:57 AM

I'm surprised Lovie isn't higher

Me too. I'd probably put him at #1. It's a make or break season for him more than anyone else.

#43 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

HUDDLER

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

Promoting Davidson would be one of the dumbest things this team could ever do...so look for it to happen.

#44 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:24 PM

Hasn't he developed one of the best rushing offenses in the league year after year even with a severely limited passing attack and qb?

credit goes more to Williams and Stewart for that. Put those 2 RBs on any team in the NFL and the offensive coordinator would have a top notch running attack.

Davidson's play calling is also suspect (at least last year). You can go to a handful of games and question it.....take Miami last year. Run game was beasting and he opts to switch things up and go to the biggest liability in the NFL (at the time) and air it out.

maybe that is Davidson...maybe Fox. Whatever it is, offensively there is no coach imo who is impressing the league by what is going on here lately.

Edited by CRA, 25 August 2010 - 12:58 PM.

#45 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

HUDDLER

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:57 PM

I think the Panthers are on the coaching hot seat, not Fox. After Fox and his staff leave, we are going to be hard pressed to find a new coach worth a crap.

#46 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

I think the Panthers are on the coaching hot seat, not Fox. After Fox and his staff leave, we are going to be hard pressed to find a new coach worth a crap.

Charlotte is a nice area, it is a hassle free job, and the roster has loads of talent. Plus, the CBA won't be an issue when we are looking to hire and historically JR is not a cheap guy unless he has a reason to be (CBA). Carolina won't be that hard pressed. It is a pretty sweet gig unlike a lot of scenarios where teams go looking for coaches.

Edited by CRA, 25 August 2010 - 01:08 PM.

#47 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

Its just a shame that we didnt do that this year and get a new HC in so we come out of the CBA going in the direction the coach wants to rather than having to wait until all of that is over. Could have already had a year of players adjusting and possibly two drafts worth of the new head coaches players.

#48 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

Its just a shame that we didnt do that this year and get a new HC in so we come out of the CBA going in the direction the coach wants to rather than having to wait until all of that is over. Could have already had a year of players adjusting and possibly two drafts worth of the new head coaches players.

Don't know why we wouldn't want Fox. One of his best coaching jobs ever was in 2004 when he took a group of guys who were young and inexperienced and finshed 6-2. He and his staff are perfect for this group. They are positive, enthusiastic coaches good with fundamentals and the basics. Exactly what our guys need.