53 replies to this topic

#16 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:13 AM

I'd rather this country be run by a corporate group than progressives any day of the week.

Palin 2012?

#17 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:29 AM

I was thinking the other day what an idiot beck is, Then I realized what I like about him.

#18 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,503 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:00 AM

I like these too:

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

What is it men cannot be made to believe!
-Thomas Jefferson to Richard Henry Lee, April 22, 1786. (on the British regarding America, but quoted here for its universal appeal.)

Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 10, 1787

#19 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:47 AM

God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure if we have removed their only firm basis: a conviction in the minds of men that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever. ~ Thomas Jefferson

*insert crack of whip and shout of slave trader in background*

#20 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,499 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

Why Republicans support Beck & Palin baffles me. I thought they want to win in 2012

All politicians are corrupt douches, but there are sooooo many others to the right that can look about 50% less insane than those two and get more support.

And people need to stop referring to God all the time in politics. Its comparable to a wideout thanking God all the time for his natural abilities. Its selfish, stupid, and something we need to admit holds the biggest double standard in history. What if a major figure went out to DC on MLKs day and said how we need to turn to Allah. He would be crucified ;) So go worship and believe what you want, but I don't care and the majority of Americans don't care about how a certain individual loves their god. Its a personal thing that shouldn't be inflated and is only done so that they can get cheap easy support behind their cause.

#21 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,499 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:22 AM

And another thing...people need to stop referring back to our founders so much. They wanted us to be progressive and think for ourselves, be knowledgeable about the world, and learn when things need to change. Their ideas are fantastic, but don't cling on to em' like they're on some untouchable ground. That's why the peeps in charge have the ability to change our laws and the Constitution. And that's what grinds my gears so much about some people nowadays. They can't think for themselves, so they worship the founders like a religious cult. Pathetic. And I'm not just bashing the right...this is found all around the table.

edit:

And its stupid how demonized the word "progressives" has become. The people that you are shouting at and call progressives aren't even close and its just another strategy to use a few words and one-liners to make a point.

Edited by Beach, 29 August 2010 - 11:25 AM.

#22 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,952 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

And another thing...people need to stop referring back to our founders so much. They wanted us to be progressive and think for ourselves, be knowledgeable about the world, and learn when things need to change. Their ideas are fantastic, but don't cling on to em' like they're on some untouchable ground. That's why the peeps in charge have the ability to change our laws and the Constitution. And that's what grinds my gears so much about some people nowadays. They can't think for themselves, so they worship the founders like a religious cult. Pathetic. And I'm not just bashing the right...this is found all around the table.

edit:

And its stupid how demonized the word "progressives" has become. The people that you are shouting at and call progressives aren't even close and its just another strategy to use a few words and one-liners to make a point.

See how bad and anti productive demonizing is? Both sides need to stop

#23 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,499 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

See how bad and anti productive demonizing is? Both sides need to stop

I agree but I'm confused...who was I demonizing?

#24 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,540 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:13 PM

Modern progressives don't want you thinking for yourself. They are the ones who put people in boxes. You need to be apart of a group, not an individual. This President was taught and preaches Collective Salvation. And that is evil. They want to control every part of your life. What over the last 19 months says they don't?

Prohibition
Income tax
Racism
Eugenics
white supremacy

nice legacy

"Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic." ~ Pope Benedict XVI

Edited by Jangler, 29 August 2010 - 01:35 PM.

#25 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

what a sorry excuse for a rally they had today. they made it into some sort of religious gathering. what ever happened to seperation of church and state mr beck, eh?

I don't like Beck, but this is not an issue of separation of church and state. He has every right to hold a rally on Washington.

#26 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,499 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

Modern progressives don't want you thinking for yourself. They are the ones who put people in boxes. You need to be apart of a group, not an individual. This President was taught and preaches Collective Salvation. And that is evil. They want to control every part of your life. What over the last 19 months says they don't?

Prohibition
Income tax
Racism
Eugenics
white supremacy

nice legacy

"Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic." ~ Pope Benedict XVI

:smilielol5:

#27 Jangler

Jangler

• HUDDLER
  • 47,540 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

:smilielol5:

So, progressives are okay and the Founding Fathers should just be looked at as a footnote....got it.

#28 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

Prohibition
Income tax
Racism
Eugenics
white supremacy

nice legacy

:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:

#29 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

I think it's very interesting that Beck has suddenly gone evangelist. He's definitely trying to target a niche there...

#30 Jangler

Jangler

• HUDDLER
  • 47,540 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:43 PM

:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:

Not my fault to refuse to look at the foundation of the progressive movement in America. But lets question the Founding Fathers...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com