100 replies to this topic

#1 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:37 AM

I think Goodson locked down the kick returner job last night (and he earned it). That return looked a lot like the Steve Smith TD against the Texans in '07. (Steve's was way more badass)

But as for punt returner, Guy catches the ball well, unlike the other dready punt returner the Panthers have been trying out. He also has some good speed and when he had a little room, showed he could break out. I'd like to see him get the punt return job, but he's almost sure to be cut. It's a shame, because he's looked far better as a receiver and punt returner than Armanti.

#2 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

I've been on the Goodson band wagon since they drafted him. He reminds me of a young Westbrook. Edwards looked good last night. Caught everything thrown his way, and the smoke play was oh so Smitty like, even threw in a stiff arm.

#3 DudeNamedJeremy

DudeNamedJeremy

That's what she said.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

after that kick return i think goodson should have used the slash of the throat gesture again.

he earned it

#4 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,029 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

Wallace is gone. If we keep 6, Guy could make it

We'll see from Pittsburgh game. If he do good, I say we keep him. Gotta have someone we trust back there

#5 DudeNamedJeremy

DudeNamedJeremy

That's what she said.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

theres no way guy doesn't make it. its either keep guy or let edwards return punt, not a tough decision to make.

i'd keep just 2 qbs on the roster

#6 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

Did anyone see that stiff arm that was laid on Munnerlyn yet he still made the tackle? That was pretty badass, too.

#7 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

I still don't think there's anyway we keep Guy, though I wish we could.

I'm a Goodson fan, too. It's funny that just a few days ago several Huddle members were advocating keeping Vaughan over Goodson. What a difference a day makes.

Goodson didn't look bad last preseason. He fumbled a couple of times and, as a result, Fox benched him in favor of Sutton. I wish we could work him in as a slot receiver a bit.

#8 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:05 AM

If he can stay healthy I think they have no choice other than putting him the slot.

#9 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,189 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

Goodson definitely has locked down his spot on the team. He will be the primary reason that either DWill or Stew will be gone after this season.

#10 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

I'm a Goodson fan, too. It's funny that just a few days ago several Huddle members were advocating keeping Vaughan over Goodson. What a difference a day makes.

Goodson didn't look bad last preseason. He fumbled a couple of times and, as a result, Fox benched him in favor of Sutton. I wish we could work him in as a slot receiver a bit.

I agree the numbers are just not in Guys favor. I really think he showed he could contribute but IMO Capt will be our PR guy once again.

#11 Wither

Wither

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

I can't believe anyone seriously wants (or wanted) to keep Vaughan over Goodson. Glad I didn't see any of that...

#12 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:42 AM

theres no way guy doesn't make it. its either keep guy or let edwards return punt, not a tough decision to make.

i'd keep just 2 qbs on the roster

This.

#13 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:54 AM

I'm so glad to see Goodson has stepped it up a notch. He could have easily mailed it in and faded away. He got over his case of fumbleitis and had some big plays last night. I hope they use him in multiple positions, and not just as a change of pace back.

#14 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

I can't believe anyone seriously wants (or wanted) to keep Vaughan over Goodson. Glad I didn't see any of that...

I just love how everyone was so impressed with Goodson last offseason, but then when preseason of last year hit and Goodson fumbled a couple balls away, everyone gave up on him.

Then everyone was excited for Sutton (and rightly so), and everyone forget about Goodson. And really no one has mentioned him much on this forum until that return.

It really is a "what have you done for me lately" league.

#15 Wither

Wither

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

It really is a "what have you done for me lately" league.

Yep. If Smitty ever starts being less amazing (impossible, I know, but just throwing it out there) everyone will jump on him and act like he was never any good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com