Photo
- - - - -

Strengths, weaknesses & solutions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#41 House

House

Fly Navy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:30 PM

I agree. I just don't think a guy is on the roster who can do that this season. it would be nice to know who got the play wrong on that deep throw to LaFell (which he was open for)......b/c those deep passes is when easy picks happen when one of the two (QB/WR) has the play wrong.

First off, the best thing Jarrett has done this entire pre-season was to run so slow that the DB couldn't help but run up his ass.

The "40 yd TD pass that woulda, coulda, shoulda" is bs. You expect me to believe that Jarrett is suddenly legitamite because he was overthrown on a deep route? Come on man.

This is like saying that because Sutton caused a fumble against TN he is possibly the hardest hitter on the team. Actually, scratch that, what Sutton did makes a better case for him being the hardest hitter than Jarrett getting overthrown does for him being a good option at WR.

Jarrett is gone. Fox will not carry more than 5 WR. The pass game is just not important enough to him to carry 6. Especially if it means that we have to let someone like Sutton, Davis, Irvin, Landri, or Pugh go to make room for Jarrett. On top of all that Jarrett plays no ST.

Smith
Gettis
Lafell
Edwards
Wright.

I will throw it out there that there is a slim chance if Wright goes to IR that Jarrett could squeak on to the 53. Would rather see Guy or Moore make it though.

#42 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:36 PM

The only way cutting Jarrett helps this team is if you bring in another WR. Sad to say, but Jarrett is still one of the best 5 WR's on the team right now.

But Jarrett has little or no upside. The others at least have some potential to get better.

#43 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

Jarrett had no shot of reaching the sticks on that play, if anyone deserves blame for that it's Davidson.

I like both DJ and LeFell, think they give us good options opposite Smith.

I don't think Davidson deserves any blame at all. Its preseason, he has to see what these guys have.