• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

After investing draft picks in project players like Clausen and Edwards it seems to me that he plans on being here in the future. Otherwise we would have stuck to to the all in theory and kept a few vets around to try and win now. So if Fox is indeed gone after the season I just can't see it being by his choice.

#2 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,949 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:37 AM

After investing draft picks in project players like Clausen and Edwards it seems to me that he plans on being here in the future. Otherwise we would have stuck to to the all in theory and kept a few vets around to try and win now. So if Fox is indeed gone after the season I just can't see it being by his choice.

It was and is not Fox's decision on who to keep around. Many of these moves came from the top.

#3 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,228 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

It was and is not Fox's decision on who to keep around. Many of these moves came from the top.

This.

Fox was handed the 2010 draft picks and told "Do what you can with these guys."

I don't think Fox would draft a guy like Armanti Edwards.

#4 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

I just can't buy into the theory that Fox had no input, plus he looked awfully giddy after we got Clausen and Edwards.

#5 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,949 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

I just can't buy into the theory that Fox had no input, plus he looked awfully giddy after we got Clausen and Edwards.

I was referring to the cuts more than the picks

#6 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,725 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:52 AM

watch the post trade press conference. marty had to do most of the talking, probably cause they were mostly his picks. no one is planning or thinking about next year, they are thinking about now!!!

#7 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:52 AM

i don't mind fox staying...but when even panther beat writers are open to saying he won't be back and it's a mutual agreement I think it will take some major moolah and personnel control to keep him here...which is why we will probably bring in an unknown who won't want full control next year.

#8 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,294 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:57 AM

Fox is a good football coach. Which means he knows he still has to do a job to do even if he knows he isn't coming back. JR made it known the direction the Panthers were headed in......all the offseason moves and draft picks play into that movement. One season is going to make or break Fox. Carolina opting to let Fox seek employment this past offseason and his lack of a contract offer are proof this relationship is over. Hurney imo has the door open for him if he doesn't want to tie himself to Fox.

#9 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

I have called for Fox's head more than a few times, so I personally dont care if he stays.
So if Fox didn't agree with the cuts, then was told you have no input on the draft but your welcome to stay for one more year but after that your gone, why would he stay?

If Fox didn't agree with the moves or condone them then that would mean he thinks the roster got worse. So they have stripped him of his personnel powers but at the same time expect him to have full control and leadersip of this team anyway? If the media knows Fox is on his way out, then certainly the players do and that can't be good for his control and ability to rally this team. Just does not make sense to me.

Personally I think we did alot of addition by subtraction. I love the open battles we have now where the best man will win the job. I think this team is heading in the right direction but nobody's foolish enough to think we are going to be a bonafide contender this year. I'm not counting us out either, because it''ll be midseason before we really know what we have.

So heres a few ways this year could play out.

Make the playoffs-If this happens we still part ways?
Fall way short of making the playoffs...If this happens Fox hurt his stock or his resume for the next year
End up 8-8...pie

#10 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,637 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:08 PM

1. Morrison and Hurney control the draft, not Fox.
2. There will be no next year- Richardson-led owners of NFL teams will lockout players until they cave for an owner-friendly CBA.
3. Fox has no choice because he has no contract next year.

#11 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

If I had a girlfriend and we both knew they were only going to be together for one more year and no matter what we were breaking up mutually, then why even wait?

#12 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

All the media seem to think it is a given that Fox will be history after the 2010 season.

It is bitter/sweet with me,while one side of me would hate to see him go,the other side feels it may be time to head the team in a different direction.

Would the different direction be a blessing,or a curse? I suppose only the future would hold the answer to that question.

#13 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:20 PM

1. Morrison and Hurney control the draft, not Fox.
2. There will be no next year- Richardson-led owners of NFL teams will lockout players until they cave for an owner-friendly CBA.
3. Fox has no choice because he has no contract next year.

1.Do Morrison and Hurney control the depth chart too?
2.Trying to predict whether or not there will be a lockout next year is not easy from a casual fan standpoint
3.A Man always has a choice and If I were told that I no longer had input on the guys I was coaching and on top of that this is my last year...I would have left already

#14 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

All the media seem to think it is a given that Fox will be history after the 2010 season.

It is bitter/sweet with me,while one side of me would hate to see him go,the other side feels it may be time to head the team in a different direction.

Would the different direction be a blessing,or a curse? I suppose only the future would hold the answer to that question.

Seeing as how he's never had back to back winning seasons, and never won it all, it technically can't be a curse because that means you think we can't hire anyone to do the same or better. Sure, we could make a bad hire, but it's not like we'd be sending the best coach in history away. Lots of coaches make the Playoffs. I think we can easily hire someone that can't have back to back winning seaons and make the Playoffs every now and then pretty damn easily.

#15 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,845 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:42 PM

Tom Sorenson, writer for Charlotte Observer, said that he thinks there is pretty much no chance Fox is back in Carolina. He said the departure would be "mutual". I don't know if I agree with this one, there are a LOT worse coaches out than better ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com