Photo
- - - - -

Fan Base

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#16 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

Well here's another question: If the Carolinas eventually got a MLB team, do you see yourself becoming an instant fan?

Or do you see there being a "bobcat" effect?

Not sure honestly...that is a good question. I would never waiver from being a Phillies fan but would probably go to alot of the games if a team came here. I dunno, but I would probably like them the first couple of years and then start hating them as their fanbase developed like I did with the Panthers.

#17 bubbadawg

bubbadawg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:33 AM

If a team came here I would support it. Maybe they would give me something to hope for after Memorial Day

#18 CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:33 PM

I've been a Yankees fan ever since can remember. My first MLB game I saw was at Yankee Stadium when I was 5. Can't get much better than that.

Growing up in Durham I always followed the Braves since Durham was their single A affiliate. I saw alot of good players come though and make it up to the bigs. That's why most people I grew up with were Braves fans.

If the Carolinas were to ever get a MLB team, they would instantly become my #1 team, hands down. Yankees would be #2. I am very proud to be from NC and would feel obligated to pull for a team that represented my home. My hope would be the Carolinas team would be in the NL so there would be less conflict.

#19 Freeze

Freeze

????

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

Well here's another question: If the Carolinas eventually got a MLB team, do you see yourself becoming an instant fan?

If they were an AL team I probably would probably pull for them over other AL teams. Since I'm a Braves fan, I doubt I could pull for them if they were and NL team.

#20 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,131 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:23 PM

Yankees would always be #1....I'm too old to be changing my fandom all wily nilly style. That being said I would pry support and go to as many games as a I could....even if they move the knights downtown. Thats all I want!

#21 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

Toronto blue jays!

#22 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

Instant fan...would go crazy...

We should try and get the Royals (not to mention KC doesn't even have seats in the outfield)

Charlotte Royals...nice touch for the Queen City...

I love baseball...much more than basketball.

Edited by panthersphan, 21 January 2009 - 08:05 PM.

#23 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:51 AM

Instant fan...would go crazy...

We should try and get the Royals (not to mention KC doesn't even have seats in the outfield)

Charlotte Royals...nice touch for the Queen City...

I love baseball...much more than basketball.

I'm right there with you. Instant fan.

I'm also liking the sound of the Charlotte Royals.

However, since I seriously doubt Charlotte will ever have a major league team, I'll continue to support the Braves through thick and thin.

#24 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,812 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:32 AM

A few years back there was talk of trying to put a MLB team in Kernersville. Right in the middle of Winston Salem Greensboro and High Point. Calling them the Piedmont ________. Haven't heard too much about that in awhile though.

My team, is why I'm used to disappointment.

Posted Image

#25 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:53 AM

<-----Rays Fan

#26 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

Red Sox fan since birth in Massachusetts, and I would not become a bigger local team fan - Boston baseball fans just work that way.

#27 stwall

stwall

Jesus Freak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:59 AM

I dunno.
Seems like we have a pretty even mix of Braves, Red Sox, Yankees, Phillies, and Cub fans.

A few Pirates and Mets fans too.

Did I miss any?

:seeya: Just the one lonely O's fan.

#28 bubbadawg

bubbadawg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

not as lonely as being a Pirates fan

#29 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

Florida Marlins fan here. I moved to Florida in 2000 and went to approximately 50 games a year. Yep, I was one of the 4,000 screaming fans. Had season tickets for a few years. Was raised an Indians fan, but moved to NC when I was 3, so that bond with the Tribe was never formed. Back in South Carolina now where I attend a poo load of Knights games cause I live 5 minutes from the stadium. Still a Marlins fan. Went to Turner Field last year to watch the Marlins/Braves series in my Marlins jersey and had a blast in the Chop House. That's all I've gotta say about that.

By the way, Marlins own the Phillies JR.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com