Photo
- - - - -

panthers list of cuts...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
117 replies to this topic

#106 CAVSS

CAVSS

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:04 PM

It only makes sense that Jerry ,who is not long for this world, is blatantly avoiding a chance at winning a superbowl before he dies. Being that owning a football team was a lifelong dream of his, it is highly unlikely that he thinks winning a superbowl would be the culmination of that dream. Im sure he instead plans to bank as much cash as humanly possible so that he can give it to his children, you know, the ones that he fired.

#107 KillerKat

KillerKat

GTFO Shula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:14 PM

We kept 5 DEs last year...

#108 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:24 AM

Eric Moore was a DE. We only keep 4...and he did not outplay Brown, Brayton, Hardy, or Johnson.

Why are we even discussing Moore? He had no chance to make this squad with the 4 we have.

Then why even bring him in at all? Like the previous post, we kept 5 DE's last year. When this man was asked to play, and when it counted, which was in the GAME, his performance was excellent. If you dont keep him for the sake of only wanting 4 DE's, then why waste the time to bring him in the first place?

#109 MooreToSmitty

MooreToSmitty

This Account Is Useless

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

If you think that Hoosh will sign a small dollar contract just because Seattle is on the hook for $7million, you are nuts.

At 32, this is probably his last contract. With all of the teams out there, he will sign a contract for sig dollars...just wait.

lol

#110 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:32 AM

Eric Moore was a DE. We only keep 4...and he did not outplay Brown, Brayton, Hardy, or Johnson.

But he outplayed Hilee Taylor, who is still on the roster, right?

I don't think it's crazy to think we'd keep five defensive ends this year, especially since a couple of our defensive ends can be rotated inside (Brayton and Johnson).

#111 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

Then why even bring him in at all? Like the previous post, we kept 5 DE's last year. When this man was asked to play, and when it counted, which was in the GAME, his performance was excellent. If you dont keep him for the sake of only wanting 4 DE's, then why waste the time to bring him in the first place?

We brought him in for competition. We were and are very young at DE. He did not outplay the 4 that we kept.

And, we did not keep 5 because of Norwood. He is a LB/DE Hybrid....but listed as LB.

Now, I liked what I saw in him. But, I have to agree that he was NOT one of the top 4 DE's on the team.

#112 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:36 AM

But he outplayed Hilee Taylor, who is still on the roster, right?

I don't think it's crazy to think we'd keep five defensive ends this year, especially since a couple of our defensive ends can be rotated inside (Brayton and Johnson).

Norwood is the equivalent of the 5th DE.

Taylor was IR'd. Still have no idea why he is even there.

#113 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

lol

Guess you missed my Crow Eating session in another thread.

You are a day late and a dollar short.

#114 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

I see that Hilee Taylor went to IR now.

MadHatter, your points are good ones. We've got another pass rusher in Norwood.

#115 go_the_delhomme

go_the_delhomme

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:41 AM

On the business side, I see why we kept Armanti Edwards to sell jerseys and tickets. On the downside of this, Kenny Moore was probably the better receiver for the team. I'm an Armanti Edwards fan... but c'mon, I'm not buying into this at all. The guy is not/will not be a more productive wide receiver than Moore.

#116 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:01 PM

On the business side, I see why we kept Armanti Edwards to sell jerseys and tickets. On the downside of this, Kenny Moore was probably the better receiver for the team. I'm an Armanti Edwards fan... but c'mon, I'm not buying into this at all. The guy is not/will not be a more productive wide receiver than Moore.

Kenny Moore was a marginal WR with little to no upside.

AE has way more upside and is a dynamic athlete.

That is the difference.

#117 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Uh oh....it's GettleMagic

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

Kenny Moore = Jason Carter

A E = Non-Matured Deon Branch

#118 go_the_delhomme

go_the_delhomme

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

lol i might could agree with that if armanti edwards grabs 11 passes in a game. but already comparing him to a super bowl mvp wide receiver, deion branch, who caught 11 passes for 133 yards in a super bowl victory is insane. with that aside, how much wildcat do you really think jeff davis and john fox will initiate with a player that has not established himself as a back in the league? from my experience with watching panthers football we aren't much risk takers when it comes to running offensive plays. AE will be gone in two years... just another wasted local draft pick