Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Available WRs... Ideas/Favorites?

I'd rather have james hardy from buffalo over any of the guys mentioned here. actual game experience and has made some big catches. injuries are a concern but a one year deal would take care of that. plays well, keep him, gets injured, he's gone.

Really I consider it a simple signing if all we had to trade away was a 7th round pick.

Oh and by the way, is there some reason you are digressing from my main point besides just being contrary? Crayton was just icing on the cake. Housh would be the cake of my original post.

Then you consider it wrong. Trading also means we accept the terms of his current contract. You're entitled to your opinion on what we need, but Crayton and TJ were/are NOT options. Let it go.

I cannot believe that someone posted we should look at troy "no hands" williamson, when someone develops a name like that it usually means their career is over - wtf

And yet there you go, grouping them together again. Housh was released from the Seahawks. That means new contract time. Best case scenario for a team like us in need of a WR. Crayton is beside the point as he is unavailable.

Stop being dense. There is nothing hard to understand about T.J. Houshmanzadeh improving our group of WRs. And there is the fact that he can be bought fairly cheap right now.

And yet there you go, grouping them together again. Housh was released from the Seahawks. That means new contract time. Best case scenario for a team like us in need of a WR. Crayton is beside the point as he is unavailable.

Stop being dense. There is nothing hard to understand about T.J. Houshmanzadeh improving our group of WRs. And there is the fact that he can be bought fairly cheap right now.

Why do some fans still believe that we will sign a high priced #2 WR? It is just flat not going to happen on this team. We are a run first and defense first team. TJ will deman a big contract. No way that the Panther tie up that much money into two WR's....especially two that are over 31 yo.

Please move along to a relevant discussion.

This depresses the hell out of me reading your responses.

We should look to become the best team we can be. As of right now we lack anything other than Steve Smith as a Wide Receiver. We happen to have an opportunity to sign a player at what will probably be lower than actual worth because of his fallout with another team and yet we don't sign him. Why? Because we are "run first." Well, run first all you want, but eventually you have to pass, and Smitty would be way more relevant if he wasn't triple-covered all of the time, so having someone somewhat relevant opposite of him would be amazingly helpful to our team.

We should look to become the best team we can be. As of right now we lack anything other than Steve Smith as a Wide Receiver. We happen to have an opportunity to sign a player at what will probably be lower than actual worth because of his fallout with another team and yet we don't sign him. Why? Because we are "run first." Well, run first all you want, but eventually you have to pass, and Smitty would be way more relevant if he wasn't triple-covered all of the time, so having someone somewhat relevant opposite of him would be amazingly helpful to our team.

You do realize that the Seahawks just paid TJ $7 million to go away....don't you think there is some serious baggage with this guy.

I am not saying that I would not like a stud #2 WR...as I would. I have just moved past this and understand what type of team the Panthers are. Obsessing with guys like TJ serve no productive purpose.

I hear the Saints bandwagon just had a spot open up...I am sure their pass happy offense will be a better fit with your expectations.

That is all....:sifone:

Troy Williamson is a local boy so maybe they might give him a chance. He actually came to my HS one time and I won a desktop computer from him in a raffle lol. He was giving a motivational speech.

was he living in a van down by the river?

Every player has their baggage. Typically, that baggage is alleviated once a player joins with a good team. Which is what Housh would be joining, especially if he signed.

The primitive insults on this board are pathetic, by the way. Look up how to do some real arguing, with, you know, facts instead of baseless insults and maybe we can talk again some day.

It's not what we want as fans, its what we know the team is going to do. I can tell you they are not going to be putting 14 mil a year into two WR's over the age of 30. As much as I would like to have a solid - exceptional WR #2, I think Tolbert can shape up the WR core enough that the passing game will still be explosive. I expect a big year from Lafell and Jarrett, might even see Edwards get some catches as well.

Every player has their baggage. Typically, that baggage is alleviated once a player joins with a good team. Which is what Housh would be joining, especially if he signed.

The primitive insults on this board are pathetic, by the way. Look up how to do some real arguing, with, you know, facts instead of baseless insults and maybe we can talk again some day.

8 posts and 8 fails....at least you are consistent.

Typical arguement from an ill-informed fan....I know he had a bad attitude on another team, but just wait until we sign him.

Understand this....the Seahawks (a crappy team) paid him $7 freakin million dollars to just go away. That should tell you what you need to know about his attitude.

8 posts and 8 fails....at least you are consistent.

Typical arguement from an ill-informed fan....I know he had a bad attitude on another team, but just wait until we sign him.

Understand this....the Seahawks (a crappy team) paid him $7 freakin million dollars to just go away. That should tell you what you need to know about his attitude.

You are just sooo fuggin mean

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    byrdmansr