• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Available WRs... Ideas/Favorites?

I am still floored that people actually think that TJ will sign a cheap or short contract just because the Seahawks are paying him 7M. He is 32 and still a good rep as a WR. This will prob be his last null contract. He will be looking to be paid. He WILL NOT have to settle for a small contract.

That is all.

Aside from all this TJ talk, I wouldn't mind seeing the Panthers drop Martin for David Clowney (Jets). He is an awesome ST player, faster than Martin, and a better WR than Martin will ever be. I may be biased considering we went to Virginia Tech together, but this guy would definitely be an upgrade.

Sorry I had to leave this wonderful internet forum for a few hours.

Anyway the reason I threw that reading insult out there would be because what's-his-name was obviously trying to misconstrue what I was saying into something else. It irritates me when people do that as it just shows they have no real leg to stand on in an argument and are solely there to be annoying. Or else they really have no reading comprehension, but I like to think it is the former. Call it optimism in humanity.

And you say he won't sign a small contract. Well we obviously disagree there. I bet he ends up signing a contract for roundabout 3 mil a season. We'll just have to wait and see who's right. And I hope you're right about LaFell and the gang stepping up and doing great this year, but I don't think they will and Steve only has a few more years left before we won't even have him.

Oh and Matt Jones would be a nice pick-up, as well.

I am still floored that people actually think that TJ will sign a cheap or short contract just because the Seahawks are paying him 7M. He is 32 and still a good rep as a WR. This will prob be his last null contract. He will be looking to be paid. He WILL NOT have to settle for a small contract.

That is all.

Define small contract? I am not saying that he will be paid league minimum. Seattle gave him a 4 year 40 million contract last year. Whichever team gets him is going to pay significantly less than that I think.

Our WR needs will be improved when we move Schwartz to RG and Otah returns to RT. We need to be looking at DT (someone like Tramaine Johnson or Martin Tevasu would be a huge upgrade over Hayden) and OL depth.

At WR, who do you think you will find in the garbage bin that will lead us to the promise land? Gettis, Edwards, and Lafell will improve when the interior line and starting RBs get involved in the offense. They are going to be green, but all three of our Rookie WRs have higher upside than the the trash.

Rhys Lloyd--time to come home to Carolina.

Oh, and until Davidson improves, we will always be limited.

The point is he is not going to be demanding as much as he would if he were a free agent coming off a sucessful season. Certainly the price will depend on what other teams are willing to pay him and how long they are willing to sign him for. He is a proven veteran receiver, and would have to pay him fairly well. But I don't think we would have to break the bank to get him. If the price does get to high, then we drop out.

That being said, imo we aren't going to pick up anyone at WR. I think the staff thinks that eventually some of our current group will play well enough.

TJ is going to demand and go after every dollar that he can in the next contract. Anyone who believes different is kidding themselves.

There will be teams such as the Redskins who are willing to overpay for a big name. That is their m o.

Our WR needs will be improved when we move Schwartz to RG and Otah returns to RT. We need to be looking at DT (someone like Tramaine Johnson or Martin Tevasu would be a huge upgrade over Hayden) and OL depth.

At WR, who do you think you will find in the garbage bin that will lead us to the promise land? Gettis, Edwards, and Lafell will improve when the interior line and starting RBs get involved in the offense. They are going to be green, but all three of our Rookie WRs have higher upside than the the trash.

Rhys Lloyd--time to come home to Carolina.

Oh, and until Davidson improves, we will always be limited.

Why do you want Lloyd back here? He had one total touchback in the entire preseason....kicking two games in a dome. He is done.

TJ is going to demand and go after every dollar that he can in the next contract. Anyone who believes different is kidding themselves.

There will be teams such as the Redskins who are willing to overpay for a big name. That is their m o.

Of course he will do that, they all do. But I don't think the team that gets him will pay anywhere close to what Seattle paid. They will get him relatively cheap, relative being the key word. Owens got what, about 2 million or so to sign with Cincy for one year? I would expect that T.J. probably will get a similar contract, at least in terms of dollars per year, or maybe a bit more because he is younger.

Anyway the reason I threw that reading insult out there would be because what's-his-name was obviously trying to misconstrue what I was saying into something else. It irritates me when people do that as it just shows they have no real leg to stand on in an argument and are solely there to be annoying. Or else they really have no reading comprehension, but I like to think it is the former. Call it optimism in humanity.

Oh and Matt Jones would be a nice pick-up, as well.

Misconstrue your exact words? Isn't somebody being completely unwilling to acknowledge error? You specifically stated that we should have signed Cayton when that was never a possibility. Trade was an option if you totally ignore the dealings of this team over the offseason. I don't. The only thing you expect people to read is your mind over your posts.

Oh and Matt Jones is less of a possibility than TJ.

Of course he will do that, they all do. But I don't think the team that gets him will pay anywhere close to what Seattle paid. They will get him relatively cheap, relative being the key word.

Rumors have 4 teams in the mix. If 1 thinks (mistakenly) that he is THE missing piece, they may open the cash box.

Of course he will do that, they all do. But I don't think the team that gets him will pay anywhere close to what Seattle paid. They will get him relatively cheap, relative being the key word. Owens got what, about 2 million or so to sign with Cincy for one year? I would expect that T.J. probably will get a similar contract, at least in terms of dollars per year, or maybe a bit more because he is younger.

I tend to disagree. But, who the hell knows which one of us is correct right now. Time will tell.

If someone gets him for cheap, I will be very pissed. But, I doubt I will be.

It literally shocks me when I look at this thread and see things such as "We are staying the same" or (and this is paraphrased yet how I read it) "Any of our Wide Receivers besides Steve Smith can be considered legitimate."

Everyone must be simply deluding themselves. Dwayne Jarret had all of the promise in the world when he was drafted. That was years ago. He has shown a habit of not being prepared. This is our "seasoned vet" behind Smitty. Sure, maybe he will be a decent Wide Receiver some day. However, as of this season, I cannot trust his maturity or skill.

We (and yes, as a fan I am including myself among organization) need a solid number two receiver. T.J. Houshmanzadeh is sitting out there, an early 30 version of Moose, and yet we make no move to get him, even though his addition to our team would help us in many ways, the most important of those being the slackening of coverage on Steve and the lessening of pressure on our two running backs. Those running backs deserve all the help we can get them, as they are the foundation of our offense.

Really we should have also signed Patrick Crayton, IMO. PANTHERS MANAGEMENT LISTEN TO YOUR FANS PLEASE.

Yes listen to the ill advised panthers fans who's not at every practice and is not giving the players we do have a chance to play...Im glad the office do not listen to most of the things you say!

Yes listen to the ill advised panthers fans who's not at every practice and is not giving the players we do have a chance to play...Im glad the office do not listen to most of the things you say!

True that !!

Now maybe you could listen to the Panther fans who have been at the GAMES and watched the horrid WR core fail.