#1 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,865 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

Have now lost 10 in a row.
The Giants could be just one game back in the West after tonight.
It's been a long time since a team lead a division by 7 or 8 games heading into September only to collpase. Of course, the Padres have no business being in the playoffs in the first place.
If they do make the playoffs whatever team gets them in the 1st round will probably sweep as the Padre offense is pathetic and their pitching has come back to earth.

#2 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:24 PM

If the Padres regather themselves they could win the World Series. Saw a Chicago White Sox team do almost this exact same thing in 2005, then lose only one game in the playoffs.

#3 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,865 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:50 PM

If the Padres regather themselves they could win the World Series. Saw a Chicago White Sox team do almost this exact same thing in 2005, then lose only one game in the playoffs.

Holy crap, are there any Padres you would take over the 2005 Whitwe Sox roster?

http://www.baseball-.../CHW/2005.shtml

These guys lost 1 game in the post season. :out:

#4 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

The 2005 White Sox weren't all that. The Angels should have come home with a 2-0 lead if not for Doug Dickface, the umpire with the "mechanic."

Padres were 76-49. This is the first adversity they have faced all year. If they figure out a way to win again, a ton of pressure comes off and they play with the house's money in the playoffs. Saw the aforementioned White Sox do it. Saw the Angels do it in 02. Those Angels lost like five in a row trying to clinch the last spot over Seattle. Finally beat Texas 10-4 behind Lackey and after that they were unbeatable.

Pressure can do funny things to a team. Getting rid of pressure can make a team play 10 times better.

#5 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,865 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:51 AM

Now in a 1st place tie with the Giants after losing the first 2 of 4 against the Giants. Do or die time.

#6 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,865 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:08 AM

The Padres have lost 22 of 34 games since Aug. 25 and now trail by 3 games with 3 to play. CYA, tremendous choke job.
The Giants should be interesting in the playoffs. Their rotation has the best chance to kick the Phillies out of their World Series aspirations.
Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez could give the Phils a run for their money.
Wilson>Lidge as well.

#7 c0r

c0r

First 9

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:01 AM

big choke.

#8 c0r

c0r

First 9

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:03 AM

Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez could give the Phils a run for their money.
Wilson>Lidge as well.

as a baseball fan, i would love to see this series. as a phillies fan id rather see the braves.

i think the phils could handle lincecum and cain but sanchez is always awesome against the phillies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com