Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Husker

Raise Your Hand

33 posts in this topic

Why do I have a feeling TCU and Boise St. will be the only unbeaten teams this year? If that turns out to be true and they play for the championship, bet we have a playoff in place next season!

:party:

Boise State still needs a lot of help to get into the National Championship game.

Pre-ranking is the biggest culprit. Wait til Week 4 at least.

I hate the BCS though. Playoffs are needed. I mean, for teams like Wake Forest...why even field a damn team? You will never make the title game. What, you want to strive to win the ACC once every 15 years? WOWWWW. Or, you want to goto some crap bowl game in Tennessee against Mississippi St? WOWWWW. And think of even lesser teams that can't even win their conference. What a waste! And then you have the top tier teams that will try for the title game every year. But what if they get upset early on and find themselves with two losses with eight games to go? Why even bother? You can't make the title game. A no loss or one loss team will make it. What's the point of playing other than money for your school in a big bowl game that you won't even see?

I wish they would go to the big game so they can get blown out by a Florida, OSU, Bama or any of the big teams. You are good, maybe great, but not elite if your best win is against VT. Nothing against VT but what have they ever won? They have 1 National Championship appearance, 0 wins. VT will be a 3 loss team this season.

VT is 0-22 vs AP Top 5 teams. OFER

I wish they would go to the big game so they can get blown out by a Florida, OSU, Bama or any of the big teams. You are good, maybe great, but not elite if your best win is against VT. Nothing against VT but what have they ever won? They have 1 National Championship appearance, 0 wins. VT will be a 3 loss team this season.

Right but without a playoff we have to do these mental gymnastics to justify our position.

For all we know Va tech is the second best team in the country this year and boise won the greatest game of the season. But we surmise this and that and who the hell knows.

With the power conferences you have 5 or 6 really good teams. And one of those, even if it just a bunch of coin flips, will end up with 1 loss playing in the title game.

It would be much more fair to have 16 teams in a playoff. Or at least 8. Boise will be in the top 16 even with 1 loss in a weak conference for sure and they can then win 4 games and there is no doubt who the national champion is.

Damnit i hate the BCS

I have always been a fan of the +1 since they started talking about it. If Bama and OSU finish undefeated, they are going to play each other. If Boise State also finishes undefeated, they get to play in the runner up game against a team like Florida for example. If they remained undefeated, they should play the team who won the NC game. Winner would be last undefeated team and unquestioned National Champion. Best of all, all the Bowl Games remain in tact so none of the sponsors need to get their panties in a wad. They all still make their money.

Bama will lose to one of these....UF, LSU, Ark, Aub.

Does anyone remember the BYU national title?

Yeah, the Gators looked great, OSU gets the "poop" (LOL) kicked out of them in bowl games and Alabama will lose a game. My point, BCS sucks and I hope to god Boise St. and TCU play for a title. Give Boise St. credit and VA. Tech as well!

I really don't understand the hate for Boise St.? Just think of what they go thru in recruiting, in Idaho you got to go wayyyyy out of state. Thats why I like them and hope they go all the way! Time for a playoff!!!

I really don't understand the hate for Boise St.? Just think of what they go thru in recruiting, in Idaho you got to go wayyyyy out of state. Thats why I like them and hope they go all the way! Time for a playoff!!!

No one "hates" Boise. What most people hate is the fact that big teams have to struggle through tough schedules and opponents while Boise State gets to play 1 or 2 mediocre teams before walking through their Division 2-esque conference games. Boise State is a good team, but they would lose multiple games in the SEC or Big XII or Pac 10 or Big 10. They would certainly be competitive, but not worthy of a National Championship.

And their recruiting is far easier than any of their conference opponents.

No one "hates" Boise. What most people hate is the fact that big teams have to struggle through tough schedules and opponents while Boise State gets to play 1 or 2 mediocre teams before walking through their Division 2-esque conference games. Boise State is a good team, but they would lose multiple games in the SEC or Big XII or Pac 10 or Big 10. They would certainly be competitive, but not worthy of a National Championship.

And their recruiting is far easier than any of their conference opponents.

You can't blame Boise for the fact that the conference they are in hasn't made any progress while they have dominated it. They've been scheduling tough non-conference games for the past few years and finally jumped at the opportunity to leave and go to the MWC. You can't fault them for at least trying to take the next step to a possible NC game.

1 person likes this