32 replies to this topic

#1 Nu Guns

Nu Guns

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:03 PM

Much is said regarding the play calls in pre-season in that teams do not want to give much away. Could this be the case for our offense?

Is it possible we could be using our rbs more in the passing game this season then ever before? Many more screen passes etc..to Dwill and Stew??
Maybe see more 2rb formations?
We have two great rbs, so why not let the defense guess a bit more regarding whos getting the ball? This could also help in the play action.

Thoughts?

#2 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:05 PM

I don't think purposely dropping balls, running wrong routes, and not beating the jam are part of a hidden strategy.

#3 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:05 PM

No hidden strategy; just blatant tragedy.

#4 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

How about split backs of Dwill on one side and Goodson on the other. That would save Stew to come in and run next??

#5 Jrock3016

Jrock3016

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

I think it would be nasty if we put Dwill and stew back there. Maybe put moore in a shotgun with 2 wrs (Smith and Jarrett Or Smith and Edwards), 1 TE (Rosario Standing up) and 2 rbs (Dwill and JStew). Who gets the rock?

#6 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:14 PM

I say run Stewie and D-Lo at the same time, each gets to hold the ball with one hand. Meanwhile, Goodson will sit atop their heads like a bridge to shout out directions, as Double Trouble will be doing it backward. Sutton will film this with his iPhone and turn it into a new app.

#7 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:19 PM

Wishbone! Seems like when I was a kid the Redskins did this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:41 PM

Doubling the talent in the backfield doesn't double the effectiveness of the play.

Teams will stack the box suspecting its a run. Probably do a run blitz. If it's a pass then your blitzing against a RB and all D-coordinators like those odds.

For the record I believe Williams has run the Wildcat with Stewart as his HB. So they have been back there together.

#9 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:46 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you run the wishbone and the D stacks for the run I thought the #2 WR is left with One on One coverage??

#10 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

We needed the work and Davidson assured us all that our offense would be a secret after 4 pre season games. We were vanilla while facing defenses blitzing 8. Why, what did they learn from that? That they can blitz 8 and shut us down when we had RBs who never blocked anyone and who would not make the team, linemen who didn't plan vs. the blitzes. The Jets game was a horrible joke. Ryan is an idiot. The Ravens was no better. The Titans game is the one that worries me. Steelers--are any of the offensive players still on the roster?

But our D was consistent, and they got pressure with 4. When was the last time that happened?

#11 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,250 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

The Panthers were not running their offense. They were evaluating players and plays. The offense with a game plan....to win, will be different.

#12 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

It can work but it's not going to be anywhere close to a linear progression of talent/success. I'm sure there are situations that could call for it as always.

#13 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,556 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:09 PM

Third and long = draw, a punt with nice hang-time.

This is what we refer to around here as strategy.

#14 The Don

The Don

Smoke weed!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:25 PM

I still don't understand why people look at the preseason so much and then base a teams talent on the preseason. We were missing starters in every single game. We ran a offensive scheme that isn't even really ours. If anything, our offense will be O.K. and our defense will improve, which is kind of scary to think about. We passed the ball on like 60% of the offensive play calls... HAHAHAHAHAHA, seriously? If an analyst or anyone in the media for that matter thinks we'll pass the ball that much, they've gotta be retarded or smoking crack.

#15 Nu Guns

Nu Guns

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:33 PM

I still don't understand why people look at the preseason so much and then base a teams talent on the preseason. We were missing starters in every single game. We ran a offensive scheme that isn't even really ours. If anything, our offense will be O.K. and our defense will improve, which is kind of scary to think about. We passed the ball on like 60% of the offensive play calls... HAHAHAHAHAHA, seriously? If an analyst or anyone in the media for that matter thinks we'll pass the ball that much, they've gotta be retarded or smoking crack.

Well basically because we never scored. All teams are missing starters and they still were able to score.

Regarding the strategy...I am more interested in Dwill/stew getting more involved in our passing game..screens etc..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.