Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you rather...

22 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd rather have them get 150 each and win.

If I had to choose I would go with the passing. It would signal were more of a complete offense then previously thought.

Posted

The whole point of this thread is just the question....of course we'd rather have -48 yards and win 2-0. But it's just a question...

But the assumption you make is that if we throw or run well then it is a sign that our offense is back or that it will be a harbinger of good things to come. And as I said in a prior post, that may or may not be true. The Giants gave up 300 yards in the air and 100 yards on the ground in the preseason. So if we throw for 250 we shouldn't be exactly congratulating ourselves. On the other hand if we run for 300 it might mean alot more. On the other hand if they load 9 in the box and Moore consistently beats them, then it could be a good sign if he only throws for 250 yards and we only run for 150. In the end scoring 24 points no matter how we do it would make me feel much better than all the yards we gather.

My point is that simplistic questions like that hardly account for the complexities in a game nor do they tell you much until you have several games upon which to evaluate. Hence my point in a few other threads that we will know where we stand by the bye week.

Posted

I am dumbfounded. I don't want to think about how I want my team to lose.

1 person likes this

Posted

Interesting thread, I thought about Matt having to lead the team by passing a lot and how would it go

Posted

I am dumbfounded. I don't want to think about how I want my team to lose.

A lot like asking if you were going to get beat up would you rather get in a few punches to the face or a kick to his nads before he decked you and broke all your teeth out.

1 person likes this

Posted

The stats are utterly meaningless unless you win.

Posted

If you rush for 300 yards, you aren't losing.

But if we had to pick one of those options and still lose, I'd rather see Moore have a monster game, so teams have to game plan for him a lot more in the future.

the jets did against buffalo last year I'm pretty sure. Turnovers are a B.

Posted

We're going to win the game.

And everybody's gonna stay healthy.

Posted

The stats are utterly meaningless unless you win.

Fantasy Football!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Deangelo and Stewart ran for over 300 against them in 08 and we still lost in OT.

If you rush for 300 yards, you aren't losing.

But if we had to pick one of those options and still lose, I'd rather see Moore have a monster game, so teams have to game plan for him a lot more in the future.