• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davos

Best Buy Employees

if you're buying stuff at best buy you aren't reading up enough.

i only really go to best buy to get cds and even then i find myself going to fye more only because they have a better selection (due to it being a cd store) and they have used cds which are cheaper

i did buy a laptop there though a few years ago and the people were helpful, but even so, if you're expecting an employee team that gets paid low wages and little if any benefits but somehow has a well rounded knowledge of the technical specs of everything they sell you're pretty much setting yourself up for disappointment

i stopped by best buy on my way home to get a firewire cable. They wanted $50 for it. I laughed out loud and just walked away.

Absurd.

i stopped by best buy on my way home to get a firewire cable. They wanted $50 for it. I laughed out loud and just walked away.

Absurd.

and that's why i don't buy that kind of stuff from best buy is because it's way overpriced. radio shack as well, they'll charge like $20 for "HQ" cassette adapters when you can get them at the dollar store

it's got nothing to do with customer service

i did buy a laptop there though a few years ago and the people were helpful, but even so, if you're expecting an employee team that gets paid low wages and little if any benefits but somehow has a well rounded knowledge of the technical specs of everything they sell you're pretty much setting yourself up for disappointment

I don't know if you were referencing my op, but I was just looking for a lock, that's it. Thats why I went there. I needed one asap, and Best Buy was close.

No offense to anyone who works there....but they are so bleeping clueless.

So I go in the other day looking for a locking mechanism for my new HD monitor that totally kicks ass. I go up to the guy in the computer area and ask: "Where can I find a lock for my monitor?"

He responds: "There's no such thing"

I go: "I saw it advertised on your website, it locks into either laptops or monitors"

He goes: "You must have read it wrong, we don't carry that"

I proceed to the next imbecile and he responds with the same blankness. So, I look myself, find a section with locks. I find exactly what I'm looking for, walk up to the first guy who's helping some people and tell him "You need a new job" and leave.

Urghhhhh! :banghead:

Ask for a Kensington Lock. They may know what you are talking about.

I once told one of their employee's I wasn't going to buy his warranty. You would have thought I said something bad about one of his kids.

wow...very weird. I rarely go to best buy and I just got back from there!

psychic mother f**kers! And ya, talked to one guy there and he was extremely helpful

wow...very weird. I rarely go to best buy and I just got back from there!

psychic mother f**kers! And ya, talked to one guy there and he was extremely helpful

Did you have to ask him where the bathroom was?

Has there been a rash of monitor thefts recently?

When you have one at an architecture studio, with relatively easy access inside, it sure is helpful :D

I like to think of myself as someone with a pretty good understanding of most electronics these days. I love how when u goto BB and there is some snot-nosed 16 year old selling a $3000 tv to a clueless old couple. Some of their "selling points" are down right lies.

I bought a video camera from BB last black friday (I financed a $300 camera for 48 months!) When I went in to buy it, one of their employees tried to talk me out of the one I was buying for some other crappy model. He was making up all these BS statistics. I thought he was going to cry when I didn't buy his warranty though, lol!

I hate it when I go into a place wanting to spend 3 K and no one wants to help me. That's my experience with best buy. It makes me want to go shop somewhere else.

The last time I spent big bucks there (about 6K worth of home entertainment excitement), I made sure to have all my research done before I got there. I knew exactly what I wanted and just told them the model numbers of everything.