• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davos

Best Buy Employees

I hate it when I go into a place wanting to spend 3 K and no one wants to help me. That's my experience with best buy. It makes me want to go shop somewhere else.

Why I shop at Fry's Electronics.

Well that and Bestbuy wants to charge you $19.99 for a USB (or ehternet or whatever) cable that you can buy at Fry's for $3.99.

Best Buy knows it's about price. You'll fume about about the shitty service as you purchase your TV that was $100 cheaper than anywhere else partly because they don't pay commissions.

Never heard of Fry's.

Not too many options where I live. :/

Fry's is a great place...unless you're a woman.

Imagine a huge store filled with electronics and men whose only lay has been their right hand.

Seriously. My ex got to the point to where she'd just sit in the car with the AC on rather than spend 15 minutes getting creepy stares.

Seriously. My ex got to the point to where she'd just sit in the car with the AC on rather than spend 15 minutes getting creepy stares.

Nice, which Texas town is this?

They sell you accessories (cables, etc) for insane prices because they make a huge profit on that and pay little for it themselves. I knew a guy that worked at BB and I asked him about things like employee discount. He said they hardly make money off things like PC's, game consoles, etc, but make a killing off cables/warranties/game controllers, etc. He could get like a $30 usb cable for $5 with his discount cause that's all they might pay for it.

The HDMI cable thing is the biggest rip off, you can get it online for like 3.99, poor shmucks.

Nice, which Texas town is this?

It's actually just down the street in North Austin, right in the middle of tech alley.

What's funny is anytime I go in they've always got at least one moderately attractive girl working the checkout area. It's always someone new and she always has the beaten down look of someone who's survived two German invasions.

Love the store though.

They sell you accessories (cables, etc) for insane prices because they make a huge profit on that and pay little for it themselves. I knew a guy that worked at BB and I asked him about things like employee discount. He said they hardly make money off things like PC's, game consoles, etc, but make a killing off cables/warranties/game controllers, etc. He could get like a $30 usb cable for $5 with his discount cause that's all they might pay for it.

The HDMI cable thing is the biggest rip off, you can get it online for like 3.99, poor shmucks.

Everyone does this in one form or another.

New Egg Rocks! Order it today and you have it tomorrow! Great reviews, concise write-ups.

Circuit City is very cheap as well. (Only they are on-line, no more stores. So you don't have to deal with their employees.) Great deals I got my 65" Mitsi DLP TV and free stand for 1/2 price, and that included cables I needed to hook my computer to it. Good write ups and good consumer inputs.

That's the way Circuit City was.

If I sold you a $2500 computer, my commision would be around $20.

If I sold you that same computer with $100 in accessories (surge protector, printer cable, etc.) and the $200 warranty, my commission would go up to around $100.

Another thing that is marked up waaay high is car stereo equipment. With my discount on a $200 CD player, I would only have to pay around $75.