Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barry Bonds

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Barry Bonds and many others made baseball a joke!

Fixed.

I love the game and I hope it will recover from 'the steroid era'.

Posted

Fixed.

True - I know others were involved but others didn't claim one of the games most sacred records either.

Anyways it is what it is and it's over now for the most part!

I am hoping for recovery too and getting back to the sport that we all love minus the scandals!! ;)

Posted

Fixed.

The steroid era brought baseball back, Big Mac and Sosa chasing each other all season long. So what if players were using steroids. Drugs in baseball have been going on for a long time. I dont hate Bonds b/c he juiced, I hate him b/c he's a dick.

Posted

The steroid era brought baseball back, Big Mac and Sosa chasing each other all season long. So what if players were using steroids. Drugs in baseball have been going on for a long time. I dont hate Bonds b/c he juiced, I hate him b/c he's a dick.

You're a racist

Posted

You're a racist

I know:D

Posted

You're a racist

Black fans in the survey are more than twice as likely to want Bonds to break Aaron's record (74 percent to 28 percent), and 37 percent of black fans think Bonds used steroids, compared to 76 percent of white fans.

Blacks are nearly twice as likely to think Bonds has been treated unfairly (46 percent to 25 percent). Why? The survey found that 41 percent of black fans think this is due to the steroids issue, 25 percent think it's because of his race, and 21 percent blame Bonds' personality.

For whites who think Bonds has been treated unfairly, 66 percent blame steroids. Virtually none blame race.

Older blacks (50 and over) are less likely to think Bonds took steroids (29 percent) than younger blacks (44 percent). There is no age difference among whites.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2861930

I hope President Obama can bring us together on this issue of The Great One.

Posted

So let's not make this a black/white issue. Do you think he'll play again?

Posted

He said he wants to. If he handles his legal problems in time, I think possibly in 09.

Posted

So let's not make this a black/white issue. Do you think he'll play again?

I don't see baseball letting that happen...same with Clemens. I could be wrong but I don't think so... Baseball was made an example of by the Government (which was a joke IMO) and baseball is making an example of Clemens and Bonds. Instead of just disappearing into the abyss (ex. Palmeiro, McGuire, etc) like baseball would have liked them to or just being quiet about it (ex. Giambi, Pettitte) their egos made them try to fight it. What that got them is blackballed by MLB.

Posted

He said he wants to. If he handles his legal problems in time, I think possibly in 09.

The Angels badly need someone to protect Vladamir Guerrero.

Posted

A federal judge Thursday appeared poised to weaken the government's perjury case against Barry Bonds, indicating that she plans to strip prosecutors of perhaps their strongest evidence that baseball's all-time home run king lied to a grand jury about using steroids in 2003.

During a hearing in San Francisco, U.S. District Judge Susan Illston indicated she will bar prosecutors from using what they say are records showing the slugger tested positive for steroids three times in 2000 and 2001. Despite prosecutors' objections, Illston said the steroid tests were not admissible because there is no concrete link proving the urine and blood samples belonged to Bonds. Such a finding would remove a cornerstone of the government's evidence when the case reaches trial next month.

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_11639628

Hate to say I told you so, but... "I TOLD YOU SO!!!". The Government has nothing on Bonds, and these "magical" urine samples that supposedly come from anonymous testing MLB did 6 years ago that tested negative are pure BULLsh*t. This Bonds case has truly shown how incompetent and wasteful Federal agencies can be. The leadership is clearly lacking with this sad bunch. The only way they can save face now is to throw this crap out and hope we all forget about it. Taking it to trial and losing is only gonna make The Great One look even more invincible than he already is. No one can take him down.

Posted

So, KT, since A-Rod has now been named as a supposed 'roids user as well and yet denies using them, I'm assuming you're going to start a thread in his honor, singing his praises and accomplishments, right?

It would, after all, be the right thing to do... unless your BB-love is motivated by something else, of course