Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Taharqa

Barry Bonds

61 posts in this topic

What amuses me about this is that it's essentially an admission that Bonds used a steroid, but he's "innocent" because they didn't consider it a steroid at the time (they do now).

That's not exactly "innocent" :rolleyes:

Legal issues aside, this confirms Bonds did indeed use performance enhancing drugs. And whether he goes to jail or not, it can no longer be claimed that his records aren't tainted.

(get that asterisk ready)

If you read the full article Bonds (as well as his trainer) have steadfastly denied he's ever used steroids. What it essentially admits is that the Federal prosecutors of this case knowingly wasted 55 million in tax dollars to prosecute an athlete that broke no laws. Those same prosecutors didnt bother prosecuting Victor Conte (head of Balco) or Bonds trainer for distributing the "cream & clear". A substance that the Government still has to prove that Bonds knowingly took. Now that we know that substance wasnt even illegal at the time makes the Feds case look weak as wet tissue. Bonds is already Home Run King, now beating the Feds at their own game puts him at mythical status. This one will be thrown out in a few weeks and Bonds might be coming to a ballpark near you this season. :cool:

watched an old Pirates -Cubs game on MLB the other night. Ironic thing was the announcers talking about Bonds saying he was a great left fielder but had no power at the plate

Barry Bonds and many others made baseball a joke!

Fixed.

I love the game and I hope it will recover from 'the steroid era'.

Fixed.

True - I know others were involved but others didn't claim one of the games most sacred records either.

Anyways it is what it is and it's over now for the most part!

I am hoping for recovery too and getting back to the sport that we all love minus the scandals!! ;)

Fixed.

The steroid era brought baseball back, Big Mac and Sosa chasing each other all season long. So what if players were using steroids. Drugs in baseball have been going on for a long time. I dont hate Bonds b/c he juiced, I hate him b/c he's a dick.

The steroid era brought baseball back, Big Mac and Sosa chasing each other all season long. So what if players were using steroids. Drugs in baseball have been going on for a long time. I dont hate Bonds b/c he juiced, I hate him b/c he's a dick.

You're a racist

You're a racist

Black fans in the survey are more than twice as likely to want Bonds to break Aaron's record (74 percent to 28 percent), and 37 percent of black fans think Bonds used steroids, compared to 76 percent of white fans.

Blacks are nearly twice as likely to think Bonds has been treated unfairly (46 percent to 25 percent). Why? The survey found that 41 percent of black fans think this is due to the steroids issue, 25 percent think it's because of his race, and 21 percent blame Bonds' personality.

For whites who think Bonds has been treated unfairly, 66 percent blame steroids. Virtually none blame race.

Older blacks (50 and over) are less likely to think Bonds took steroids (29 percent) than younger blacks (44 percent). There is no age difference among whites.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2861930

I hope President Obama can bring us together on this issue of The Great One.

So let's not make this a black/white issue. Do you think he'll play again?

He said he wants to. If he handles his legal problems in time, I think possibly in 09.