Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Taharqa

Barry Bonds

61 posts in this topic

If modern day pro players used metal/ceramic bats, there'd be a huge list of dead pitchers, 3rd basemen, and 1st basemen.

And I can only dream that Chipper would be the first casualty......

And I can only dream that Chipper would be the first casualty......

could ryan howard get out of the way of anything. if they hit threw ham sandwiches his way he might be fine. heck kruk would still be playing then lol.

could ryan howard get out of the way of anything. if they hit threw ham sandwiches his way he might be fine. heck kruk would still be playing then lol.

Unfortunately Ryan Howards bat gets out of the way of many a breaking ball. :(

metal bats are just awful. The crack of wood against the baseball is music made in the heavens and recreated on earth

Pitchers and catchers report in 1 day 19 hrs 44 minutes.

And there will be joy across the land for baseball is returning

I'm still waiting for you to comment on A-Rod. :D

At least he had the gumption to admit to his sins... something BB has yet to do and probably never will do.

For the record, I'm sick of all of the steroid-era players and wish MLB would throw out all of their artificially-inflated stats/records, A-Fraud included

:boxing_smiley:

:D

For the record, I'm sick of all of the steroid-era players and wish MLB would throw out all of their artificially-inflated stats/records, A-Fraud included

On this, we agree.

I think at the very least, every player who's been implicated ouught to have an asterisk next to their records; Bonds, A-Rod, Clemens, and everyone else included.

On this, we agree.

I think at the very least, every player who's been implicated ouught to have an asterisk next to their records; Bonds, A-Rod, Clemens, and everyone else included.

What about the NFL players.?..Merriman, Peppers, the 70's Steelers (and pretty much every other team from that era).......

What about the NFL players.?..Merriman, Peppers, the 70's Steelers (and pretty much every other team from that era).......

Its different for baseball. They have a rich legacy of high character guys that the other sports dont have, and its been tarnished forever. Look at HOFers like Ty Cobb, Rogers Hornsby, & Tris Speaker. Cobb was a bigot that attacked black people and Hornsby & Speaker were klansmen that hated jews & catholics. Putting guys like Bonds, Clemens, & A-Rod beside guys like that devalues the Hall IMO. I can say with full certainty that if guys like Cobb and Speaker were playing today, no way would they try to gain a competitive edge, they were all class. :D