20 replies to this topic

#1 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:11 AM

It ain't easy being green, and in the case of Barack Obama's inaugural, it seems like he's not even trying to green it up. According to the Institute for Liberty, the Obamathon in Washington will produce about 575 million pounds of CO2 emissions.

In a study titled Carbon Bigfoot, the IFL concludes that the CO2 glut will be substantial. From the global warming wrecking celebs flying all over the place in their many private jets, to the many hundreds if not thousands of vehicles that will be used to get people to and in the midst of the inaugural, the CO2 carnage is at the amazingly high level.

The IFL finds:

* Celebrities, politicians, and bigwigs using 600 private jets will produce 25,320,000 POUNDS of CO2
* Personal vehicles could account for 262,483,200 POUNDS of CO2
* n the parade, horses alone will produce more than 400 POUNDS of CO2

The IFL also came up with a revealing illustration about what this all means.

It would take the average U.S. household 57,598 years to produce a carbon footprint equal to that of the new president’s housewarming party

#2 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:12 AM

You are one of the 15% of Americans that don't like Obama arent ya

#3 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:13 AM

You are one of the 15% of Americans that don't like Obama arent ya

You are one of the 15% of Americans who are homos.

#4 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

Posted Image

#5 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:19 AM

I am incensed that he has not told everyone to just stay home. Incensed I tell you.

And Steve Smith should also be ashamed. He ponied up $25,000 for a local marching band can bring at least 3 charter buses and contribute to the carnage. He is unAmerican

You are one of the 15 percent who thinks Steve Smith is a nice person.

#6 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

Posted Image

You are one of the 15% of Americans who don't immediately reach for the radio search button when a Neil Young song comes on.

#7 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:21 AM

No - I'm actually in the 25% who don't care whether he's nice or not as long as he gets the job done (and stays out of trouble with the law).

You are one of the 15% who sneakily ups the ante to 25%, thinking no one will catch on to your little ruse.

#8 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:21 AM

You are one of the 15% of Americans who don't immediately reach for the radio search button when a Neil Young song comes on.

You are one of the 15% who think that Sigmund and his brothers Burp & Slurp are cooler than H.R. Pufnstuf and his sidekick Jimmy.

#9 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:23 AM

It ain't easy being green, and in the case of Barack Obama's inaugural, it seems like he's not even trying to green it up. According to the Institute for Liberty, the Obamathon in Washington will produce about 575 million pounds of CO2 emissions.

In a study titled Carbon Bigfoot, the IFL concludes that the CO2 glut will be substantial. From the global warming wrecking celebs flying all over the place in their many private jets, to the many hundreds if not thousands of vehicles that will be used to get people to and in the midst of the inaugural, the CO2 carnage is at the amazingly high level.

The IFL finds:

* Celebrities, politicians, and bigwigs using 600 private jets will produce 25,320,000 POUNDS of CO2
* Personal vehicles could account for 262,483,200 POUNDS of CO2
* n the parade, horses alone will produce more than 400 POUNDS of CO2

The IFL also came up with a revealing illustration about what this all means.

It would take the average U.S. household 57,598 years to produce a carbon footprint equal to that of the new president’s housewarming party

Wow Panthers, all of a sudden you have gained the ability to write like an actual writer! How did you manage that?

#10 JakeFlake

JakeFlake

The King of Kings

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:44 AM

**** scratches my nuts******

Yawn.

#11 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:48 AM

Wow ... everyone jumped to the conclusion that I was saying they ought not hold the inauguration, or they should tell people to stay home, or that I hate Obama. You also made the assumption that the organization that wrote the report was saying that, too ... they're not. Follow the link.

Funny how all of you managed to do that ... make assumptions about what I think about it. I purposefully didn't make comment (I did make the mistake of not crediting the actual writer, but Cookin ... I promise, I don't need your approval to know how good I am) ....

What I think about it is simply that folks who preach to the rest of the world about these issues should look at themselves first. The inauguration, especially this one, is a huge, historic event and I wish everybody could/would go.

What IFL says (for those who don't bother to follow the link), and I agree:

The IFL makes no criticism of these activities and welcomes the potential and much needed economic stimulus that the Inauguration will provide.. In the same vein, Americans and U.S. businesses should have the liberty to pursue the daily activities they need to thrive and prosper.

Moreover, they should not have to be lectured -- or regulated or taxed -- by officials who appear, at best, to conveniently forget their own rhetoric when celebrating their success.

Energy use and economic growth go hand in hand and any radical environmental policies to regulate greenhouse gases will likely dampen any efforts to jumpstart the U.S. economy.

Instead of pursuing punitive policies that will hamper economic output and make energy more expensive for U.S. consumers and small businesses, President-elect Obama should swiftly undertake steps that improve America’s energy security and increase economic vitality.

Edited by Panthers_Lover, 15 January 2009 - 11:51 AM.

#12 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

I already know you hate Obama. I also know that I have never seen you post any messages concerning global warming concerns tied to any other specific event.

Your message is not about environmental awareness, it's about the fact that you can't stand what's about to happen and you want to find something to prove "hypocrisy".

The facts are that a lot of the people who will be at the inauguration would have still been driving, flying, or whatever...just somewhere else.

There is no doubt that whatever the impact, this Administration has certainly tried the hardest to lower the impact - and of course, they will, once sworn in, do a lot more to get us greener.

You can continue to argue this point until the entire Administration sleeps in their offices at the White House, Obama rides a bike to visit Germany, and on and on. The fact is that your wonderful source argues that we should drop efforts to make the world cleaner for the sole purpose of making a few more bucks now. It's the typical response of the people who think that Al Gore is somehow leading a secret conspirancy to ruin the Western World, veiled as an almost reasonable commentary.

#13 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:53 PM

You are one of the 15% who think that Sigmund and his brothers Burp & Slurp are cooler than H.R. Pufnstuf and his sidekick Jimmy.

Fightin' woids.

#14 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

I already know you hate Obama. I also know that I have never seen you post any messages concerning global warming concerns tied to any other specific event.

Your message is not about environmental awareness, it's about the fact that you can't stand what's about to happen and you want to find something to prove "hypocrisy".

The facts are that a lot of the people who will be at the inauguration would have still been driving, flying, or whatever...just somewhere else.

There is no doubt that whatever the impact, this Administration has certainly tried the hardest to lower the impact - and of course, they will, once sworn in, do a lot more to get us greener.

You can continue to argue this point until the entire Administration sleeps in their offices at the White House, Obama rides a bike to visit Germany, and on and on. The fact is that your wonderful source argues that we should drop efforts to make the world cleaner for the sole purpose of making a few more bucks now. It's the typical response of the people who think that Al Gore is somehow leading a secret conspirancy to ruin the Western World, veiled as an almost reasonable commentary.

You are one of the 15 percent who don't realize that the Cardinals, in fact, ate the Panthers, and not the other way around.

#15 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:00 PM

Just 'cause I don't love him doesn't mean I hate him .... you know absolutely nothing about me, yet you continue to try to put words in my mouth and profess you know what I'm thinking.

Do you not want the man you worship to walk the walk instead of just talking the talk? I'm not even asking that he do that. I'm just asking that he and his supporters not denigrate those they feel are not doing as they say (but obviously not as they do).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.