Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stewart

11 posts in this topic

Posted

why did johnathan stewart only get 5 rushes after running for 206 yards last year against the giants and deangelo only got 16 too

i think goodsen got more playing time then stewart

Posted

John Fox. Or some would say Jeff Davidson. But no consensus on who actually calls the plays. I'm thinking Fox based on Davidson's face palms late in the game.

Posted

I'm pretty sure it was because Stewart hasn't had any live action to this point. You'll see the carries go up soon enough. Look over the past two years, Stewart gets most of his action down the stretch when Deangello needs more rest.

Posted

O line wasn't giving them a chance to make big plays. Since we couldn't run...we started passing.

Posted

I'm pretty sure it was because Stewart hasn't had any live action to this point. You'll see the carries go up soon enough. Look over the past two years, Stewart gets most of his action down the stretch when Deangello needs more rest.

This.

It's why I LOLd at the "will Double Trouble combine for over 200 yds?" thread this week. Yes, backs can have big gains in Week One (hi, Chris Johnson), but they usually do not. And Stewie hasn't even seen any action at all. He had no shot to bust a big game, IMHO. Last year he had 35 yds versus the Iggles.

And being behind late didn't help as mentioned by others.

Posted

O line wasn't giving them a chance to make big plays. Since we couldn't run...we started passing.

We started passing way too early. We abandoned our identity and it proved costly.

Posted

John Fox. Or some would say Jeff Davidson. But no consensus on who actually calls the plays. I'm thinking Fox based on Davidson's face palms late in the game.

Those face palms were directed at Matt Moore.

Posted

We started passing way too early. We abandoned our identity and it proved costly.

I agree, but I also think we needed to start passing on first down in the first half. The Giants were expecting the run on first down and we obliged. No adjustments, really sad.

Posted

This is how the Panthers always do it. D-Will gets the bulk of the carries the first half of the season, and J-Stew takes over towards the end.

1st 8 games: D Will 70%, J Stew 30%

Last 8 games: J Stew 60%, D Will 40%

1 person likes this

Posted

This is how the Panthers always do it. D-Will gets the bulk of the carries the first half of the season, and J-Stew takes over towards the end.

1st 8 games: D Will 70%, J Stew 30%

Last 8 games: J Stew 60%, D Will 40%

If I knew how to give pie, I would give it to you. Great post.

1 person likes this

Posted

you need 100 posts to give pie....get to postin'!