Photo
- - - - -

Some Panther fans should be ashamed. Matt's not getting a fair shot!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:19 AM

I keep wondering after Matt's perfomance, exactly which pressure it was that Matt had more of a problem handling...that of our opponent, or that of our OWN organization!

Some fans here seem to forget real quick the performance he had last year, winning 4 out of our last 5 games, with just one pick, when the team had nothing to play for against teams that had EVERYTHING to play for, including the Giants which we clobbered. And after that performance, the Panthers go and draft 3QB's, including hot shot with an apparent attitude problem Jimmy Clausen. Not exactly a vote of confidence for Matt, is it? And yes, while some veterans, and even *ahem* coaches can benefit from feeling the fire lit up under their seat, sometimes this type of pressure can get to anyone, including a QB.

So before you guys go on and ask for his head on a platter from a guy that has been feeling the sharp edge of the axe scraping the hairs off the back of his neck all preseason and throughout yesterday's game, why not take a moment and look at some positive facts about Matt.

1. First I re-iterate, he won 4 out of our last 5 games last year and only one pick!

2. He's being accused of floating deep balls, but I also saw some VERY accurate throws on Sunday as well, including the Touchown to Smith. While not the best decision to throw it in that crowd, he did place it spot on. If that was Delhomme, he would have thrown it high and made Smith go up and get it, where Smith would have taken some hard hits. Matt nailed it!

3. He's not afraid to take a hit. Obviously.

4. While unconfirmed, there are rumors his concussion could have taken place before that last interception. Those interception throws were purely a result of bad judgments, not bad ability. That can easily be fixed with practice and a bit of experience.

5. Twice he ran with the ball for positive yards, including a first down, when he had no receivers open. The O-line was also not giving him any time.

Before we all jump on the Jimmy Clausen bandwagon, realize this. Not only does that make us shitty, unsupportive fans of a guy that really busted his ass for us yesterday, but Jimmy is not a sure winner either. While I can't wait to see him play, the fact is if he really was that much better than Moore, he would be starting. Since he's not, I can only read that Moore was the better option for us, even if Jimmy turns out to be the better guy in the long run. And with him telling us "we made the best pick in the draft", it doesn't exactly say much about him maturing and working on his cockiness. He needs to prove himself that he is a team player, before we should let him lead a team, and expect our guys to respect him. That is NOT the attitude of a Panther QB, and a far cry from how our beloved Delhomme handled himself. Too bad he is not around to teach Jimmy how to put your team before yourself.

If Matt blows the next game too, then we can talk about Jimmy. One game is NEVER enough, to judge a player, especially a new QB.

Edited by PantherFanForLife, 14 September 2010 - 02:48 AM.

#2 CarolinaBlue34

CarolinaBlue34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:31 AM

Your right, but how many color blind QBs start in the NFL?

#3 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,636 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:32 AM

Well put. Patience is definitely something that is short around here, I can somewhat understand why...but we'll see. I give him 4 games.

#4 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:40 AM

Well put. Patience is definitely something that is short around here, I can somewhat understand why...but we'll see. I give him 4 games.

I agree. And I'm with you. If he blows the next couple of games and it's clearly his fault we can begin thinking of getting Jimmy some experience this season. But right now, unless he is forced to sit out on Sunday, Matt still has my support.

He earned it last year for at least 2 or 3 games this season.

#5 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,501 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:43 AM

How many games did we give Jake after the Arizona debacle? One. The Eagles game. So yes, let's give Moore a second game after a poor one and if he screws up again it's fair game to ask for Clausen to go in and suck as well. I think he's a better QB than Moore talent wise, but that rookie is going to have growing pains if he ever plays.

#6 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:46 AM

How many games did we give Jake after the Arizona debacle? One. The Eagles game. So yes, let's give Moore a second game after a poor one and if he screws up again it's fair game to ask for Clausen to go in and suck as well. I think he's a better QB than Moore talent wise, but that rookie is going to have growing pains if he ever plays.

That's all I'm saying. Give the guy at least ONE more game to re-deem himself before we start turning our backs on him.

#7 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,117 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:23 AM

As long as he plays through a concussion, he will not be ready for a month. I don't care what the "team" doctor says. Not saying he should sit for a month, but I really believe missing one game will be better for him and the team in the long run. JMHFO

#8 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:49 AM

This isn't kindergarten, this the NFL. Not everybody gets a turn. Moore had his shot.

#9 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:14 AM

This isn't kindergarten, this the NFL. Not everybody gets a turn. Moore had his shot.

So if a winning QB throws 3 pics we should call for his replacement after just ONE game, even though he went 4-5 in our last 5? Interesting. Where have you been for the past 7 years when Delhomme played for us?

Yeah the NFL isn't the kindergarten, but some fans make this forum look like a kindergarten. You just solidify that point.

And if by shot you mean, concussion, then yes, he did.

Edited by PantherFanForLife, 14 September 2010 - 04:19 AM.

#10 PantherPhann

PantherPhann

The voice of reason!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:44 AM

I keep wondering after Matt's perfomance, exactly which pressure it was that Matt had more of a problem handling...that of our opponent, or that of our OWN organization!

Some fans here seem to forget real quick the performance he had last year, winning 4 out of our last 5 games, with just one pick, when the team had nothing to play for against teams that had EVERYTHING to play for, including the Giants which we clobbered. And after that performance, the Panthers go and draft 3QB's, including hot shot with an apparent attitude problem Jimmy Clausen. Not exactly a vote of confidence for Matt, is it? And yes, while some veterans, and even *ahem* coaches can benefit from feeling the fire lit up under their seat, sometimes this type of pressure can get to anyone, including a QB.

So before you guys go on and ask for his head on a platter from a guy that has been feeling the sharp edge of the axe scraping the hairs off the back of his neck all preseason and throughout yesterday's game, why not take a moment and look at some positive facts about Matt.

1. First I re-iterate, he won 4 out of our last 5 games last year and only one pick!

2. He's being accused of floating deep balls, but I also saw some VERY accurate throws on Sunday as well, including the Touchown to Smith. While not the best decision to throw it in that crowd, he did place it spot on. If that was Delhomme, he would have thrown it high and made Smith go up and get it, where Smith would have taken some hard hits. Matt nailed it!

3. He's not afraid to take a hit. Obviously.

4. While unconfirmed, there are rumors his concussion could have taken place before that last interception. Those interception throws were purely a result of bad judgments, not bad ability. That can easily be fixed with practice and a bit of experience.

5. Twice he ran with the ball for positive yards, including a first down, when he had no receivers open. The O-line was also not giving him any time.

Before we all jump on the Jimmy Clausen bandwagon, realize this. Not only does that make us shitty, unsupportive fans of a guy that really busted his ass for us yesterday, but Jimmy is not a sure winner either. While I can't wait to see him play, the fact is if he really was that much better than Moore, he would be starting. Since he's not, I can only read that Moore was the better option for us, even if Jimmy turns out to be the better guy in the long run. And with him telling us "we made the best pick in the draft", it doesn't exactly say much about him maturing and working on his cockiness. He needs to prove himself that he is a team player, before we should let him lead a team, and expect our guys to respect him. That is NOT the attitude of a Panther QB, and a far cry from how our beloved Delhomme handled himself. Too bad he is not around to teach Jimmy how to put your team before yourself.

If Matt blows the next game too, then we can talk about Jimmy. One game is NEVER enough, to judge a player, especially a new QB.

I disagree... First off Moore is not a new QB, he's been backup in this system long enough play the part. Yes I believe that he has the ability, but made terrible decision that kilt our chances, (yes I said kilt). I'm not putting all of the blame on Moore, a lot of it has to go to the coaching, either HC or OC or both, cause abandoning the running didn't help, neither did our WR's not getting open quick enough. There was a lot of factors but don't throw off the fact that Moore was a big one. I don't expect great play ever game, but I do expect consistent play every game!

#11 NcCats

NcCats

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:47 AM

Honestly i was hoping Matt Moore was decent to above avg for atleast half the year to let Jimmy get up to speed.
So yes let moore start again if he suxs then its him and time to move on if he does AVG to GOOD ride the hot hand.

#12 NcCats

NcCats

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:51 AM

Honestly Matt moore was undrafted guy.Matt has started all of 9 games so far as a NFL QB.
Matt is still closer to Rookie status then Vet QB.Look at the other 1-2 year QBs none of them are really lighting it up yet.Kolb hurt/Bradford ruff day/Moore ruff day/The Golden Calf of Bristol even no starter ruff day/did i miss many?

#13 HPPantherzfan

HPPantherzfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:59 AM

As long as he plays through a concussion, he will not be ready for a month. I don't care what the "team" doctor says. Not saying he should sit for a month, but I really believe missing one game will be better for him and the team in the long run. JMHFO

I am an all out Clausen supporter as many of you know but, I'm all for giving Matt another chance. Although, Jangler is on to something here...before you guys rush Matt back please think about one Brian Westbrook and what happened to him after rushing back from this very injury. Give Matt time to heal!

#14 NcCats

NcCats

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:01 AM

Im all for Clausen to but i dont want him behid this Oline right now with the way they protected Matt haha.

#15 Phil Dees

Phil Dees

1-20-2013 End of an Error

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:09 AM

winning 4 out of our last 5 games, with just one pick, when the team had nothing to play for against teams that had EVERYTHING to play for,

Not so sure "nothing" and "EVERYTHING" is all that accurate. Most of the teams had clinched playoff spots and rested starters.

Our QB ranking is just about where we stayed all last year....last:

http://www.nfl.com/s...NG&d-447263-n=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com