Photo
- - - - -

Some Panther fans should be ashamed. Matt's not getting a fair shot!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#16 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:24 AM

Sorry, but when you throw 3 picks in the end-zone you're gonna take allot of crap.

#17 Panths

Panths

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:32 AM

This isn't kindergarten, this the NFL. Not everybody gets a turn. Moore had his shot.

If this were the case, every 'elite' quarterback that we know today wouldn't be starting, no Manning, Brees, Brady, etc. They've all had bad games, some even worse than this one from Moore. It's completely illogical to dismiss Moore over one bad game when we know what he's capable of from last season.

#18 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

And after he does bad against the Bucs it will be "just one more game" all over again.

#19 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

Banned

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:59 AM

And after he does bad against the Bucs it will be "just one more game" all over again.

Not from me it won't be. If he blows 2-3 games, I'm going to be looking for a change as much as the rest of the guys here.

But after ONE game, not to mention the first game of the season?.....COME ON!!!

Give me a break. That says more about some of the fans here, than the QB. From the way some people are talking here you would think were were a Dynasty and we just had 4 perfect seasons in a row and now this QB just doesn't meet those standards. That's weird cause this forums was never like this in the past. We get Clausen and all of a sudden we become snobby? Where's the love and loyalty? And if not that, how about a reality check?

Edited by PantherFanForLife, 14 September 2010 - 09:10 AM.

#20 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:15 AM

If this were the case, every 'elite' quarterback that we know today wouldn't be starting, no Manning, Brees, Brady, etc. They've all had bad games, some even worse than this one from Moore. It's completely illogical to dismiss Moore over one bad game when we know what he's capable of from last season.

Thats bullshit and you know it. Peyton was the #1 overall pick in the draft. Brees was drafted in the 2nd round and Brady instantly started winning games for the Patriots when he came in for Bledsoe. Matt Moore is an undrafted free agent on a one year tender. Fox proved last year that he doesn't like him. If you remember, McCown was the backup NOT Moore. But McCown got hurt too, and that forced Fox to play Moore. Comparing Moore to those 3 QBs is ridiculous. What Moore did last year means NOTHING today.

#21 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:26 AM

I say we just go ahead and start Tony Pike or Edwards cause when Clauson put up 5 or 6 picks(and he will) everyone will be ready to replace his ass as well. Clauson did not show he was ready in the preseason. He was ok for a Rookie but he made a lot of Rookie mistakes as well.

#22 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:31 AM

Thats bullshit and you know it. Peyton was the #1 overall pick in the draft. Brees was drafted in the 2nd round and Brady instantly started winning games for the Patriots when he came in for Bledsoe. Matt Moore is an undrafted free agent on a one year tender. Fox proved last year that he doesn't like him. If you remember, McCown was the backup NOT Moore. But McCown got hurt too, and that forced Fox to play Moore. Comparing Moore to those 3 QBs is ridiculous. What Moore did last year means NOTHING today.

FALSE false false.
Brady didn't throw a TD until his 4th game starting and during his 6th game he threw 4 damn interceptions.

Brees his first two years starting in San Diego had a combined 28TDs to 31 Interceptions

Peyton Mannings first two games as a starter in 1998 he threw 1TD and 3INT is both games. Thats 2TD and 6INT in two games.

Did anyone give up on these players? I'm sure there were knee jerk idiots for these teams also. Where they wrong in the long run? I believe the career stats speak for themselves. It's way to early to be calling Matt a failure.

Also it helps to get your facts straight before you try and say someone else is wrong.

#23 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:43 AM

i think the main thing pissing me off with this team right now is

1. Horrible play calling
2. Bad QB play

bring in a new QB and Bill Cowher and ill be happy :D

#24 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

FALSE false false.
Brady didn't throw a TD until his 4th game starting and during his 6th game he threw 4 damn interceptions.

Brees his first two years starting in San Diego had a combined 28TDs to 31 Interceptions

Peyton Mannings first two games as a starter in 1998 he threw 1TD and 3INT is both games. Thats 2TD and 6INT in two games.

Did anyone give up on these players? I'm sure there were knee jerk idiots for these teams also. Where they wrong in the long run? I believe the career stats speak for themselves. It's way to early to be calling Matt a failure.

Also it helps to get your facts straight before you try and say someone else is wrong.

Where did I say they never had bad games? You should get your poo straight before you try to say I'm wrong. My point was that two of the three teams had a lot invested in the QBs (Manning and Brees). They were drafted high and expected to be the starters from day one. They were rookies. Matt Moore is in his 4th year in the league! Brady whether he threw TDs or not led the Patriots to wins. It was not possible for Bledsoe to come back until the later part of the season. You guys act like Matt Moore is some old veteran who's getting forced out. Matt Moore hasn't done poo in this league. And please shut up about last year. It doesn't matter now. Last year he was the 3rd stringer playing with nothing to lose against teams who hadn't scouted him. Now he's a starter and looks to be cracking under the pressure. The Panthers have nothing invested in him. Everybody other than the Matt Moore nut huggers knows Clausen will be the future starting QB for the Panthers.

#25 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

FALSE false false.

I cant believe your saying that!!!!11! Matt Moore sux!!!1111 He has be given all the time in the world and he blew it. Lets face it we need to yank his ass before the season is over!!!11!!1!!!!:D

#26 House

House

Fly Navy

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:47 AM

While I agree that Moore should get another shot at starting, although I agree with Jangler that if he had a concussion it should not be this week, I don't agree with your reasons for defending him. Moore played like poo and all of his mistakes were on him. He deserves to get blown up on this MB by the fans.

All 3 picks in the end zone were STUPID throws. He was not good downfield, pretty much every throw was lofted or underthrown. Any throw with zip on it was off target. He missed tons of open recievers and held the ball too long on a lot of pass plays.

Everyone is giving the OL poo and deservedly so but Moore has to make a decision from the pocket faster. 3 seconds, that is about the average time a QB has to make a decision and get rid of the ball once it is SNAPPED. Moore, most times was no where close to making a pass within 3 seconds.

Moore should get another shot at starting but there is a lot that he needs to work on and improve if he is going to keep his job.

#27 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:56 AM

Where did I say they never had bad games? You should get your poo straight before you try to say I'm wrong. M

Well considering you quoted someone who said that every elite QB has had bad games and that Matt Moore should not be dismissed because of one bad game. Then you responded by calling bullshit and naming their draft positions (like that matters at all). I figured I was spot on.

Everything you just said about Matt Moore could have been applied to Brady. He hadn't done poo in the league and just for the record they lost two of the first three games he played in.

#28 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

I want Clausen to succeed and I believe that he is truly the future of this team. But those of you who want to throw him out there straight away, especially with the way our OL has been playing, and hope he's a prodigy right out of the gate are delusional and playing with fire. We need Matt Moore to succeed, or at least to play average for the season for Jimmy to have a realistic chance at succeeding in the future and to state that Moore is a failure after this one game is ludicrous.