Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hahaha Jerry, you're facing a potential blackout on Sunday

364 posts in this topic

Posted

Still 900 tickets left to be sold, there has been virtually no sales in the past week.

Looks like J-Rich's chickens are coming home to roost.

1 person likes this

Posted

The TV station will swoop in buy them up and give to charitable causes just to be able to air it.

Posted

I do realize that. Still, they haven't had to do that in ages.

If we continue to suck, look for the San Francisco and/or the Arizona games later in the season to also face potential blackouts.

Posted

Sorry I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to these kind of things but um is 900 a lot left over? Do Panthers game generally sell out? Like I said I'm a huge Panthers fan but don't really have the money to go to games.

Posted

I do realize that. Still, they haven't had to do that in ages.

If we continue to suck, look for the San Francisco and/or the Arizona games later in the season to also face potential blackouts.

This makes you happy?

Posted

I honestly can't remember the last time a game was blacked out. I know it happened in '95, but I can't remember a time it didn't air locally since they went to Ericsson/Bank of America. Even the 1-15 season was technically sold out.

Posted

I see no humor in this. There are plenty of us that can't afford to go to the game that faces not being able to see the game if the TV stations don't come in and buy the tickets.

1 person likes this

Posted

This makes you happy?

What? Potential blackouts? Not overall. That means the team sucks and I don't like that. I DO like the fact that Richardson's cost-cutting measures are what made the team so crappy...and that's what's going to cost him even more money with low ticket sales.

Posted

I think they can pay 30 cents on a dollar for each ticket and avoid the blackout

Posted

Why is "Hahaha" in the title...? dipsh¡t.

Posted

Soooo like I just said what's the bottom line with this blackout talk? Is the game not going to be on Fox? Cause if that's the case I'm going to flip a poo.

Posted

I hate this...but this is what happens when you put poo on the field and are proud of it. Just wait until the team is out of contention.