360 replies to this topic

#136 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:54 AM

If there is a blackout...can I still watch the game in Asheville?

#137 gmonet

gmonet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:00 AM

You must be young, or stupid, or a supporter of another team.

The Big Cat has never been shy to reward the players that deserve it, which is why the past off season was needed as we jsut had too many old guys with decent sized contracts.

We are always near the cap and never shy from big contracts. The one we offered Pep should be proof enough...

Had we not given Pep the paper, the same ranters would be yappin' we left a major hole in a promising season(2009)!

This BS about "hoping" "thinking" that JR is senile, soon to expire, or just unfit to serve is getting to be sophmoric around here. I'd bet half the people spitting this poo out are trolls, and half of the other half have bandwagon mentalities. The rest would find no need to keep establishing new topics to spout the same BS!

I keep saying this, and have had no takers...meet JR on the practice area, ask for a meeting with him any HG Saturday between 2-3 pm (best time) and present a proclaimation, statement, rant...face to face with these "quotes." If you do not have the balls to face the man who puts himself out there almost every HG Sunday, tell him this crap when he's surrounded by fans near Anybodyhome's TG section. I would drive the 6 hours to meet you, stand there while you tell him what you think face to face...and Abh knows I do NOT bullshit..I am too old!
SMF made a bet...lost, but got lots of attention..well there's my wager!
Put this hate right in the man's face and see what you get from him and your fellow fans.

BTW, his recovery has been fantastic and I am glad it is, he deserves it. A great player, a great business success and a respectable owner!

#138 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,294 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:04 AM

wow. from talk of blackout to mudslinging.
Posted Image

If there is a blackout...can I still watch the game in Asheville?

http://en.wikipedia....Blackout_radius

Blackout radius

The NFL defines an area to be "local" if it is within a 75-mile radius of the stadium. Therefore, a blackout affects any market (affiliate station) whose terrestrial broadcast signal, under normal conditions, penetrates into the 75-mile radius. These affiliates are determined before the season, and do not change as the season progresses. Some remote primary media markets, such as Denver and Phoenix, may cover that entire radius, so that the blackout would not affect any other affiliates.

An exception to the 75-mile rule is the market area for the Green Bay Packers, which stretches out to both the Green Bay and Milwaukee television markets (the team's radio flagship station is in Milwaukee, and selected Packer home games were played in Milwaukee until 1994), and to a smaller extent unofficially into the Escanaba/Marquette, Michigan market due to the presence of translator and satellite stations, along with extended cable coverage of Green Bay stations north into the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. However, blackouts have not been required due to a five-decade long streak of sellouts and 80,000 names on the Packers' season ticket waiting list. Similarly, no Super Bowl has ever been unavailable in the market of origin since the new blackout rules came into effect, as every Super Bowl except the first was a sell-out, and with the game's high-profile status, the stadium is unlikely to ever have unsold seats.

that's how you add some value to a thread people

#139 DevilCat

DevilCat

Two States One Team

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:05 AM

NO BLACKOUT...as of 07:30 this am, less than 400 tix remain-per Jim Szoke 1110 WBT. Can we now close this thread?.;)

#140 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,025 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:09 AM

Still 900 tickets left to be sold, there has been virtually no sales in the past week.

Looks like J-Rich's chickens are coming home to roost.

Why do you revel in this?

#141 DevilCat

DevilCat

Two States One Team

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:12 AM

Folks...we are damn lucky to have an owner like JR. Could you imagine if little Danny Synder ran the show?

#142 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,025 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:15 AM

I think the ignorance of our fanbase is down right laughable.

The people bitching now about us shedding overpriced vets (most of whom are still in the unemployment line) are the same ones that bitched two years ago when we brought back 21 of 22 starters.

Fans want to see big spending and FA acquisitions. However, history has shown that the NFL teams that are successful are those that build through the draft and develop young players. We may struggle this season, but this team will be much better positioned for the future.

Washington has historically made big splashes and overspend on vets. That has gotten them absolutely nothing.

The Jets have tried that this season...and they laid a big f**king egg on Mon Night....and will go 0-2 after this week-end.

The Patriots develop through the draft and have won championships.

Go check out the roster of the SB contender GBay. They has build through the draft and developed their young players. They went through a few lean years to do it, but it pays off.

I am damn glad that our FO does not listen to the crap that our fan base (as indicated from posts here) are saying. People who think that JR is tanking this season to save money are ill informed.

#143 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:16 AM

I want to know whether the folks on here complaining about the possible blackout have purchased tickets.

#144 TarPanther9180

TarPanther9180

Ready for football

• HUDDLER
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

I don't have a problem with JR. I don't want an owner that treats his team like fantasy football *cough*cough*Snyder*cough*cough*

#145 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

I think the ignorance of our fanbase is down right laughable.

The people bitching now about us shedding overpriced vets (most of whom are still in the unemployment line) are the same ones that bitched two years ago when we brought back 21 of 22 starters.

Fans want to see big spending and FA acquisitions. However, history has shown that the NFL teams that are successful are those that build through the draft and develop young players. We may struggle this season, but this team will be much better positioned for the future.

Washington has historically made big splashes and overspend on vets. That has gotten them absolutely nothing.

The Jets have tried that this season...and they laid a big f**king egg on Mon Night....and will go 0-2 after this week-end.

The Patriots develop through the draft and have won championships.

Go check out the roster of the SB contender GBay. They has build through the draft and developed their young players. They went through a few lean years to do it, but it pays off.

I am damn glad that our FO does not listen to the crap that our fan base (as indicated from posts here) are saying. People who think that JR is tanking this season to save money are ill informed.

What he said.

#146 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,294 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:43 AM

people don't want to watch bottom dwelling team like the Bucs. I think that's one problem with ticket sales this week. It's at least a reason for me. I want a competitive game, and I can only justify going once this year.

#147 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:44 AM

Not to be morbid, but I don't think ol' JR is long for this world. I'm looking forward to the Panthers having a new owner. Jerry is quickly becoming known (by me) as the Ebenezer Scrooge of the NFL. I can't even begin to imagine how much our own players hate his guts. Imagine you out there getting your brains bashed into puree, and the owner of your team is fighting tooth and nail to lower your salary. You'll probably have dementia at 50, but the Big Cat wants more money for another... personal island? Cloned body and soul transferring machine? 24k gold mansion? Not a big fan of the Big Cat.

His players love him. You obviously know nothing about Mr. Richardson. Nothing.

#148 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,877 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:44 AM

Build through the draft is great but not acquiring some free agents that might help the team now with only 1 good reciever and a bunch of no named Defensive ends is what gets me mad at times.

#149 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,480 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:52 AM

Myopia: Lack of discernment or long-range perspective in thinking or planning

#150 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:02 AM

Seems like some of you would get tired of spewing the same crap over and over and over every single day....guess not. oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.