Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panther4life

Is a pocket presence something you can learn or a natural talent?

Pocket is learned over time. You just aren't born with it. What looks like a natural talent has been learned over years of practice and filmwork to the point that it appears to be instinctual

There is no reason to not dominate Tampa and Moore should put up nice numbers. Tampa will not be able to stop our run so they will have to load up the box. Once they go 8 or 9 in the box he should be able to exploit mistakes and mismatches.

If he doesn't perform well against Tampa Bay he has not earned his starting gig THIS season. What you did last year doesn't matter anymore. If he doesn't play well against a really poor team then we might want to declare an open competition and let opposing defenses gameplan for 2 quarterbacks.

This is why I think Clausen should start THIS game. The defense is bad and we can pound the rock. It gives Moore time to rest and get 100% healthy. No risk. Moore could come back and start week 3 no matter what.

It sucks that if Moore plays bad people will blame it on the concussion from the week before or bad playcalling. He will get a pass, again.

I just want the best players to play but you have to show something THIS season in order to keep the starting job. Managers and coaches are supposed to play the best players, which usually just means removing the cold players and if a player gets hot, you leave them out there every chance you can. Moore was ice cold terrible against the Giants. If he doesn't leap up to above average against the Bucs.... we need to move on and give another guy a try.

I know to this forum I am just a Clausen homer but it is what it is. If a guy is helping you LOSE games, get him out of there.

There is no reason to not dominate Tampa and Moore should put up nice numbers. Tampa will not be able to stop our run so they will have to load up the box. Once they go 8 or 9 in the box he should be able to exploit mistakes and mismatches.

If he doesn't perform well against Tampa Bay he has not earned his starting gig THIS season. What you did last year doesn't matter anymore. If he doesn't play well against a really poor team then we might want to declare an open competition and let opposing defenses gameplan for 2 quarterbacks.

This is why I think Clausen should start THIS game. The defense is bad and we can pound the rock. It gives Moore time to rest and get 100% healthy. No risk. Moore could come back and start week 3 no matter what.

It sucks that if Moore plays bad people will blame it on the concussion from the week before or bad playcalling. He will get a pass, again.

I just want the best players to play but you have to show something THIS season in order to keep the starting job. Managers and coaches are supposed to play the best players, which usually just means removing the cold players and if a player gets hot, you leave them out there every chance you can. Moore was ice cold terrible against the Giants. If he doesn't leap up to above average against the Bucs.... we need to move on and give another guy a try.

I know to this forum I am just a Clausen homer but it is what it is. If a guy is helping you LOSE games, get him out of there.

First of all Tampa isn't that easy to pass or run on. Right now their defense is ranked above ours. They have traditionally been even tougher and most games we throw at least 1 or 2 interceptions as their safeties are their strongest elements.

Secondly, it is interesting that you complain about Moore getting a pass due to something as trivial as a concussion, yet you give Clausen a pass for no reason at all.

You said that you want the best players to play and that is exactly what is happening. Moore is the better player no matter how he plays this week. Clausen has done little to nothing in the preseason or in practice to suggest that he is anything but a rookie. People look at his running out of the pocket and suggest he shows good mobility and pocket awareness when in fact he is just running at the first sign of pressure afraid to hang in there and take a hit. He fails to look downfield and bails to the outlet way too early. Funny how what everyone lambasted Carr for doing in 2007 is somehow now a virtue when Clausen does it.

Now lets wait for the other Clausen homers to all chime in with how great his 35 passer rating was so great in the preseason. Lets all get so excited about his 4 yards per attempt average when we ran for a better average than that.

moore should be light years ahead of clausen since he has spent 4 years not only in the pros but in the same system for the most part. the gap between the two will only get smaller unless he starts to play better

moore should be light years ahead of clausen since he has spent 4 years not only in the pros but in the same system for the most part. the gap between the two will only get smaller unless he starts to play better

Moore has 9 starts to his name. Doesn't matter if it is Tom Brady or Peyton Manning all QBs that green are gonna have some down right bad games......like the one on Sunday. You just have to accept that. Moore's first 8 shows he can be a pretty efficient QB for what this offense asks of a QB.

People are simply overreacting. Then factoring that young QBs are gonna have bad days look at the OL play, playcalling, and lack of proven targets as recieving options. Forget about the NY game. Moore hasn't given people that have actually followed him reason to worry. Look at how he did after the NE game where he was missing just about every WR in sight......he played great. Moore appears to be solid. What great game or one bad game really should drastically change the opinion people had about Moore going into this year.

Reality probably is Moore is significantly ahead of Clausen right now.

Moore has 9 starts to his name. Doesn't matter if it is Tom Brady or Peyton Manning all QBs that green are gonna have some down right bad games......like the one on Sunday. You just have to accept that. Moore's first 8 shows he can be a pretty efficient QB for what this offense asks of a QB.

People are simply overreacting. Then factoring that young QBs are gonna have bad days look at the OL play, playcalling, and lack of proven targets as recieving options. Forget about the NY game. Moore hasn't given people that have actually followed him reason to worry. Look at how he did after the NE game where he was missing just about every WR in sight......he played great. Moore appears to be solid. What great game or one bad game really should drastically change the opinion people had about Moore going into this year.

Reality probably is Moore is significantly ahead of Clausen right now.

he was at every training camp, off season workouts , team film sessions and game plan meetings i think, he also has a better idea of what it's like in a real game therefor he should not make elementry mistakes like his 3 ints in the red zone

he was at every training camp, off season workouts , team film sessions and game plan meetings i think, he also has a better idea of what it's like in a real game therefor he should not make elementry mistakes like his 3 ints in the red zone

it still happens. You can go back and watch Peyton play early in his career and he had some pretty boneheaded days. Moore's first 9 starts overall have been pretty promising. I am not gonna put too much stock into one game....good or bad. There was a lot noticeably bad that game that Moore shouldn't have had to deal with those scenarios.

it still happens. You can go back and watch Peyton play early in his career and he had some pretty boneheaded days. Moore's first 9 starts overall have been pretty promising. I am not gonna put too much stock into one game....good or bad. There was a lot noticeably bad that game that Moore shouldn't have had to deal with those scenarios.

sure even great players make mistakes, what i have a problem with is he made these mistakes without the giants doing much to confuse him or put alot of pressure on those 3 plays. was it just a bad game or something else?(time will tell)

So the only differences in quarterbacks can be attributed to the time they've spent in the league?

So the only differences in quarterbacks can be attributed to the time they've spent in the league?[/QUOT]

talent doesn't hurt either

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    over the legal limit