Photo
- - - - -

Why 2010 Means Nothing to the Carolina Panthers (no smack)

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#196 panthers15

panthers15

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:59 PM

No one has commented on my favorite post yet.

After the OP complained about all panther fans not using any logic in their arguments, one of his own TB faithful had the following to say...

(Paraphrasing): Mike Williams is like Spider Man and during the 4th preseason game one announcer said one of their receivers was going to the probowl.

Oh noooezzz...WE GOING TO LOSE!!!!!!!!

Seeing as Josh Freeman's favorite red zone target is Jon Beason, I (nor any other panthers fan) are worried about your new receivers, your "franchise" quarterback, or how you are finally heading in the right direction after 5+ years of rebuilding.

#197 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:00 PM

Just a reminder this was originally in Smack and MOD Squirrel moved it in here. Evidently he's smarter than the rest of you, because he can see your franchise is just as crappy as Tampa's is.

True story: over the offseason, Squirrel predicted we would win the Super Bowl.

Edited by Beaux Berry, 17 September 2010 - 02:07 PM.

#198 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:03 PM

Still keeping this thread here. This section was getting boring had to liven it up.

#199 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:07 PM

Whats this BS... I log on to see if there is any good panther news and I saw all this why bucs will win crap? What is this a Tampa forum? You buc homers are crazy we may be bad... but we aren't tampa bad. Your team sucks, struggled for 3.8 quarters against the browns and got saved by the bad play of Delhomme...

Enjoy your loss, along with the rebuilding of a new underachieving team like every other buc team in history.

#200 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:10 PM

True story: over the offseason, Squirrel predicted we would win the Super Bowl.

The season has only begun. We will get there.

#201 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,251 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:10 PM

Wow, 20 pages

#202 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,651 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

We consider him franchise material due to the fact that we are building a team around him. We are investing in him being a long time qb for the team. We arent going out and drafting a high end qb to compete with him. We went out and got him some wrs to throw to. We traded for a solid TE. The o-line is good, now the receivers are good. We have Caddy back running the ball. On the offensive side of the ball, it is set up to do really well. All Freeman needs to time to build report with his teammates. A qb is not going to be great in the first 2 years. Even Peyton struggled his first 2 years. Its how you treat him and how you allow him to grow that determines if he is a franchise player or not. Moore is nothing more than a fill in until they think Clausen is right for the job. Carolina isnt building a team around him, instead is grooming his backup to take over.

Just because you build around him doesn't make him a franchise quarterback. Oakland did alot to build around Jamarcus Russell but it didn't make him a franchise quarterback.

First of all your offensive line isn't good and your defensive line is totally unproven. Your receivers have done nothing in the NFL so it is hard to label them good. All told Stroughter, Williams and Spurlock combined for 9 catches and around 100 yards. Hard to call that good. And cadillac has never stayed healthy enough to do much outside of one year. What did he get 75 yards on 22 carries?? Again not exactly good. But then again your standards for everything are so low you might think they did that well.

#203 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,651 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:40 PM

Wow, 20 pages

I called it. Gonna go out on limb here and say this one makes 30 if it stays in this forum.

#204 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,230 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

Only page 6 for me.

#205 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

Saying all of the things that AcousticSoup said and then saying "no smack" is about the same as saying "no homo" after saying you like to have sex with dudes.

But, it encourages discussion and brings the site a lot of traffic, so I guess this thread was a colossal success.

#206 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:47 PM

I guarantee that the Panthers will end the 2010 season with more wins than the Bucs.

#207 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,356 posts
  • LocationShotgun Shack

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:36 PM

i thought there was supposed to be no smack here. Read next time bubba!

gfy

#208 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,230 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

http://www.carolinah...51&d=1283177018

#209 pcolabucfan

pcolabucfan

• NEWB