#31 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,790 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:24 PM

That's possible. I also think Mr. Scot has a valid argument too - though at this point Pep might not even want to play under Fox anymore if you want to go down that line of thinking.

I don't think the Panthers are just going to let him walk in FA. I do think that the only way Peppers is here next season is if he's franchised, and his agent can't work out a trade. Otherwise, he's playing on another team next season.

I wouldn't call it "my argument" per se. Yeah, I thought about it, but so did others. It's essentially just an educated guess that me and several others who watch the team are making.

I'd agree there's no way the team lets him go without getting something in return.

#32 PantherDFense

PantherDFense

TRUE BLUE!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:48 AM

I have to agree with Sam Jack...Pepp loves Carolina , always have and all of his friends / family is here. BUT ..he has been seen with a nice lookin' young lady lately..who's from Texas. Pepp has made a statement in an interview that if he were to live anywhere else where would it be and he said Texas, so...it could be related..don't know. BUT...he also knows the impact it would have on the fans if he leaves..so I feel he would try to avoid leaving as much as possible. But there WILL NOT be things he will tolerate if he does AND it would be a short contract ...especially if the influence of other players makes a difference.

#33 Peppa Jack Supreme

Peppa Jack Supreme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:25 AM

For as little as Peppers has spoken over the past few years I take what he said as what he means. He isnt trying to use this as leverage. I really think that he wants out. Power to him. We have these options: Tag him and trade his ass. The only thing that will kill me is if we trade him and dont use the money elsewhere. At this point I think this locks up Gross for the future, which I think we all agree is more important. 2. We tag him and nobody steps up with a trade offer and he really plays his ass off (under a new DC), decides he wants to stay for the long term or gets more money for having 17 sacks.

But I say "Get your popcorn ready, because its gonna be a show"

PS - Id like to see the money spent on Albert Haynesworth and Terrell Suggs. Cut Ken Lucus and sign Nnamdi

#34 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,815 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:39 AM

For as little as Peppers has spoken over the past few years I take what he said as what he means. He isnt trying to use this as leverage. I really think that he wants out. Power to him. We have these options: Tag him and trade his ass. The only thing that will kill me is if we trade him and dont use the money elsewhere. At this point I think this locks up Gross for the future, which I think we all agree is more important. 2. We tag him and nobody steps up with a trade offer and he really plays his ass off (under a new DC), decides he wants to stay for the long term or gets more money for having 17 sacks.

But I say "Get your popcorn ready, because its gonna be a show"

PS - Id like to see the money spent on Albert Haynesworth and Terrell Suggs. Cut Ken Lucus and sign Nnamdi

we don't even have close to enough money to sign both suggs and Haynesworth plus Nnamdi especially if we sign gross. We'd have to cut lewis, lucas, hackett, landon johnson, and a few other players to afford anything like that. Right now before signing peppers and gross we have 10 million in cap room.

#35 ubecool454

ubecool454

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:44 AM

Panthers fans get ready for it. He is leaving and its not the end of the world. Micheal Jordan left the Bulls, the hornets left for of all places NO, Reggie White left the eagles etc. It won't be the first time the face of a franchise left for whatever reason.

#36 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,814 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:36 AM

I am in agreement that part of the reason he wants out is they way we use him. I don't think Trgovac hasn't a clue on how to use such a talent. For the quality players we have I think our defense could have been much better than they were.

Reading his comment I believe they are going to sign and trade him. As long as it isn't an NFC South team I will accept this deal. Gotta be a least what they got for J. Allen.

Go Panthers

#37 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

What do you say now, SLJ?

#38 TheJza

TheJza

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

Pep is gonna go wherever he can get the most money...

Apparently, he has already been offered the largest contract for a DE...right here in Carolina. Didn't take it.

#39 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:10 PM

what the hell would we do with suggs?

#40 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,790 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

In fairness, Samuel J has stated that his source changed their tune. He's also putting himself in a self-imposed exile (at least from using this particular board name).

#41 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:27 PM

You and SLJ're pretty close, huh?

#42 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,790 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

You and SLJ're pretty close, huh?

Not really. I think the majority of the time we've disagreed.

I don't know whether his source was valid or not. He says his source told him one thing then changed his mind. Could be true. Could be false. Result's the same either way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.