Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Updated trade w/dallas

28 posts in this topic

Posted

I was just watching ESPN and accross the bottom line it read "According to reports, the Bobcats and Mavs are close to a deal sending Diop to Charlotte and Hollins and Carroll to Dallas."

thoughts?

Posted

wouldn't mind that trade, as long as Felton isn't involved it works for me.

Posted

According to ESPN's Marc Stien this deal has been agreed (sp) upon in principle.

Posted

the only thing I don't get is how does a guy that has never avg more then 3pts a game and 5.2 rbnds a game make +6mill a yr. I could produce just as much and would take 1/100th of that.

Posted

The year Dallas went to the finals, Diop had a very good year, cuase he actually played. I think coming off the bench behind Okafor as another shot blocker and rebounder might boost his production and development (IMO). I guess we'll wait and see.

Posted

i wish it was for matt carroll and nazr, hollings leaving maybe will open a few mins for ajinca.

Posted

dumping carroll's contract is big

Posted

i like getting rid of carroll. we get rid of his huge contract, he was a liability on the defensive end, wasn't playing due to injuries and brown has taken a liking to morrison as his off the bench shooter.

IMO

Posted

wooot, no more gigantic mistake sized contract of carrol's. Like this trade as it will give Diop some pretty good minutes behind Oak. add to that Diop's only 26. now only if we could pack felton and Nazr for a center and move Oak to PF.....

Posted

Great move. We get a Center (a 7footer) who will beef up our front court. That, and he plays pretty solid defense. I don't think his 1.4pts per game is indicative at all of the type of player he is. To all the Larry Brown pundits out there one thing is undeniable and that is he brings out the best in players. I really like the way our roster is shaping up. Playoff contender....no; On the right path, unequivocally heck yea.