17 replies to this topic

#1 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

So, a few weeks into the season let's pick BCS Bowl Games for something to talk about.

BCS National Championship: Nebraska vs. Oregon

Rose Bowl- Ohio State vs. Boise State

Sugar Bowl- Alabama vs. TCU

Orange Bowl- Miami(Fl.) vs. Arkansas

Fiesta Bowl- Oklahoma vs. West Virginia

I don't know how feasible this really is, just based off eyeball test and memory.

I really like this Nebraska team. So much talk about lack of offense going into the season, but it certainly seems like they have one. Oregon is putting up absurd amounts of points against admittedly weak opponents. But 72-0 and 69-0 is hard to deny. I think Nebraska ultimately prevails.

#2 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

BCS National Championship: Alabama vs. Oregon/Nebraska

Rose Bowl- Ohio State vs. Oregon/Stanford

Sugar Bowl- Boise St vs. Nebraska/Florida

Orange Bowl- Miami(Fl.) vs. Pittsburgh

Fiesta Bowl- Oklahoma vs. TCU

I dont think Bama will have any problems getting back to the title game. I really like Oregon, but they have a few tough road games. Nebraska has a much more favorable schedule IMO.

ACC is almost a toss up. Miami schedule is brutal, but if Harris can limit the mistakes they will be tough to beat. I could also see FSU get there, I just think it was a hiccup against Oklahoma. I really hate to say this, but if NCSU stays healthy and gets passed FSU at home, I will replace NCSU over FSU

#3 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

I think the Zeros are in the title game for sure, that offense just looks unstoppable. However this could easily change as they are known for starting slow/not showing up to road games....

#4 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

I think the Zeros are in the title game for sure, that offense just looks unstoppable. However this could easily change as they are known for starting slow/not showing up to road games....

Yea, I feel the wings could come off for the Ducks at any moment, but I'm still banking on them finding a way through it.

#5 PantherFanTom

PantherFanTom

Meh.

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

BCS National Championship: Ohio State vs. Alabama

Rose Bowl- Oregon vs. Boise State

Sugar Bowl- Arkansas vs. Nebraska

Orange Bowl- Miami(FL) vs. West Virginia

Fiesta Bowl- Texas vs. TCU

#6 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:16 PM

BCS National Championship: Ohio State vs. Oregon

Rose Bowl- Nebraska vs. Boise State

Fiesta Bowl- Oklahoma vs. Auburn

#7 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,178 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:07 PM

Fiesta gets the last pick this year. So expect the Big East Champ to play there unless WVU goes undefeated. Hey dont laugh.

#8 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:48 AM

BCS National Championship-Alabama vs Oregon

Rose Bowl-Ohio State vs Nebraska

Sugar Bowl-TCU vs. Boise State

Orange Bowl-Clemson vs. West Virginia

Fiesta Bowl-Arkansas vs. Texas

Alabama wins NC.

Boise is probably good enough to be in the Rose Bowl, but the Rose Bowl will not select them. Ohio State loses in conference as usual plays Nebraska in big seller Rose Bowl. Nebraska wins.

Boise and TCU play themselves so it doesn't matter if they win, they can't talk s.h.i.t. TCU wins

ACC champ vs Big East Champ. Clemson wins

2nd place SEC vs. 2nd place Big 12- best 2 money makers remaining. Arkansas wins.

#9 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:48 AM

Nebraska's probably got the easiest road it might ever have to the BCS game this year, but I'm not sure how easy it's going to be with a Freshman quarterback and road games at Okie State and A&M, plus Texas in Lincoln and then the Big XII game. I think our defense is up to it. Martinez will probably only continue to get better (which is scary), but at some point we're going to need to throw the ball more than we have been.

Last week was a huge test for us, and we kicked the poo outta Locker and Washington. No chance he's the #1 pick now. He looked horrible other than one drive in the 1st quarter. He later went on to say it was the best defense he's ever seen.

Here's what our defense has done against the last 6 current or future NFL QBs we've faced:

1st Rd pick Blaine Gabbert - 17/43 - 134 Yards - 0 TDs - 2 INT ( 2 Yards Rushing )

NFL bound Landy Jones - 26/58 - 245 Yards - 0 TDs - 5 INT ( -17 Yards Rushing )

3rd Rd pick Colt McCoy - 20/36 - 184 Yards - 0 TDs - 3 INT ( -20 Yards Rushing )

NFL bound Nick Foles - 9/29 - 48 Yards - 0 TDs - 1 INT ( -19 Yards Rushing )

NFL bound Nathan Enderle - 16/31 - 141 Yards - 1 TD - 4 INT ( -52 Yards Rushing )

(one-time) 1st Rd pick Jake Locker - 4/20 - 71 Yards - 1 TD - 2 INT ( 59 Yards Rushing )

That's absurd.

#10 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:23 AM

^ This is exactly why I have Nebraska as teh championz

#11 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:29 PM

BCS National Championship: Ohio State vs. Oregon

Rose Bowl- Nebraska vs. Boise State

Fiesta Bowl- Oklahoma vs. Auburn

If this were to happen, do you think the BCS tries to take the easy way out with another TCU-Boise matchup?

#12 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,178 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:42 PM

If this were to happen, do you think the BCS tries to take the easy way out with another TCU-Boise matchup?

If Ohio St goes to the Championship game The Rose has to take a NAQ (either Boise St or TCU).

For the games of January 2011 through 2014, the first year the Rose Bowl loses a team to the NCG and a team from the non-AQ group is an automatic qualifier, that non-AQ team will play in the Rose Bowl.

http://www.bcsfootba...tory?id=4819597

#13 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:47 PM

No doubt. There is no way the Rose Bowl lets Boise or TCU play IMO.
Because of fan appeal and Revenue they get pushed down to the level where they compete fan wise with the other schools in the pool (ACC and Big East). At this point they get paired together.

If I were in charge of making money on a bowl game, I would rather have runner-ups from the SEC, Big 12 and the Big Ten. I don't think this will happen because it would cause a uproar, but as far as money goes its the best bet, so we will see...

#14 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:48 PM

If Ohio St goes to the Championship game The Rose has to take a NAQ (either Boise St or TCU).

http://www.bcsfootba...tory?id=4819597

I bet they get out of this if push comes to shove...

#15 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,178 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

I bet they get out of this if push comes to shove...

Nope, This was implemented because a few years ago the Rose Bowl took the Second Big 10 school (think Michigan) and they got blowed out. While two NAQ had to play against each other. So if either PAC10 or Big10 champ goes to the Champs game a NAQ will take one of their spots.

While Im typing here is my predictions.

BCS National Championship-Ohio St -WVU

Rose Bowl-Oregon- Boise St

Sugar Bowl-Alabama - Nebraska

Orange Bowl-Miami vs. Arkansas

Fiesta Bowl-Oklahoma vs. TCU

WVU wins the Championship and the BCS collapses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.