• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#136 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:57 PM

That is why I am not a professional scout and am on this stupid message board. And does he have to light it up? Count on it. If we lose big on Sunday and he plays poorly there is no guarantee that Fox won't switch back the following week especially being on the road. Fox isn't building for the future since he won't be here. And who knows if Clausen even figures into the new coaches plan. You are way ahead of yourself.

:confused:

#137 blak-n-blu

blak-n-blu

THE FRANCHISE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:57 PM

there will be Moore threads next week. and definately more after the Saints game.

Maybe but it won't hold water.

#138 HPPantherzfan

HPPantherzfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

No guarantee Clausen is the future at all. We don't even know if there will be football next year. With a new coach and staff, Clausen may not be here down the road at all. This whole building for the future might be what you want but Fox wants to win now and doesn't care who gets it done.

I'll give you that, this is a sensible post, but with that said, what was it about Moore that made you sooooo sure about him and not so sure about Jimmy? I am lost on why you support Moore so much. It wasn't like he took us to the SB like Jake or anything, he won 4 meaningless game at the end of a terrible season!

Anyway, we don't know that Clausen is the future BUT we have hopes he is, this is the first time the Panthers have had a QB worth of the "Future" tag and just incase you missed it, people on this board isn't the only ones that say that! You and CRA critique every little thing he does and seemingly wish bad things on him for some reason and I'm only trying to figure out why!

And I have to ask, are you and CRA brothers or the same person?

:D

#139 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,742 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:00 PM

Absolutely will, brother and I are taking our sons to their first, so yes and I'm bringing up and coming Panther fans with me.

So are you saying you're special? Because there are thousands of other people that were/will too...namely ME!

Based on the fact that we can't beat the BUCs with Matt as our starter!!!! What more do you need???? I mean really the BUCS.

Ok so let me make sure I understand what you are saying here. You found Matt Moore impressive because he beat the worst team in the league and then a team with the worst D in the league but you don't see what Jimmy has done while he has been in the game, as a rookie, down by multiple scores, with a terrible line, etc impressive? Hmmm; ok?

I'm not mad, I promiss you, I don't understand all the negativity you throw towards this kid every time his name is brought up but hey thats you. As a matter of fact if I see you at the game I'll even buy you a beer cause I don't get mad over interwebz message boards!

I am no more negative than you are outrageously positive for no reason. I am simply putting some reality into your obvious euphoria and you for whatever reason can't stand anyone to criticize Clausen.

I for one was here when Collins was a rookie and when Weinke played as a rookie. You just see my comments as totally negative because you are are over optimistic. You will see what I already know. Clausen will have some good moments and plenty of bad ones like most rookies. He will not be answer this year either.

And if he doesn't learn to air it out and throw downfield, he will struggle mightily.

#140 blak-n-blu

blak-n-blu

THE FRANCHISE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

I won't name names, so nobody take it personally..

But people saying oh your gonna be screaming for pike as soon as jimmy throws a pick or 3 & out or bla bla bla...

Most people who say that poo are just trying to save face because they supported Moore and never really thought Jimmy would get a chance so soon and now their very afraid that hes gonna come in and be great. They wont admit this and thats fine.

Jimmy fans, dont curb your enthusiasm or lower your expectations. Jimmy is is ready for the pressure and embraces it. People have long been waiting for great qb play in Carolina...just alot of them never predicted it would be Clausen and def. not this soon. Because of that they'd rather save face on a message board than get behind him.

I find this to be dead on.

#141 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,742 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:08 PM

I'll give you that, this is a sensible post, but with that said, what was it about Moore that made you sooooo sure about him and not so sure about Jimmy? I am lost on why you support Moore so much. It wasn't like he took us to the SB like Jake or anything, he won 4 meaningless game at the end of a terrible season!

Anyway, we don't know that Clausen is the future BUT we have hopes he is, this is the first time the Panthers have had a QB worth of the "Future" tag and just incase you missed it, people on this board isn't the only ones that say that! You and CRA critique every little thing he does and seemingly wish bad things on him for some reason and I'm only trying to figure out why!

And I have to ask, are you and CRA brothers or the same person?

:D

I don't think anyone knew if Moore was going to be great. What we knew was that over an 8 game span of real games he played pretty solid. As such he had the right to start since he has been there and done that. That is what we have said all along.

I posted yesterday that I thought they ought to give Clausen a chance to start and see what he can do. That doesn't show hate for anyone. I think we all need to see what he can do.

So really I don't know where you think I wish bad things on him. I hope he does great, I just think he will struggle. Doesn't mean I want it to come true. Think about it, no one who is a Panthers fans wants the team to lose. If I supported David Carr and wasn't one of those who booed him just like I didn't boo yesterday, then to assume that I want Clausen to do poorly is way off base. What I want to happen and what I think will happen are often very different. What I want to happen on Sunday is to win. What I think will happen is that we lose. BUt then again I prdicted at best we would 2-3 at the bye, at worse 1-4.

#142 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

I don't understand all this back and forth. I'm a Matt Moore fan, but I have no problem with the decision to start Clausen. This offense needs a spark, plus Jimmy Clausen has quicker feet than I thought he did, so he should help out the O-line a little bit by avoiding the rush and getting rid of the ball quicker.

This is not a Superbowl team anyway, so what have we got to lose?

#143 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,742 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

The largest problem with your post is that it contains many things that simply aren't true.

:cool:

Like what?

#144 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

At least he's gonna get a shot and learn the ropes. That's the best way to learn. Not by holding a clipboard. I know people are on opposite ends about this but throw him in the fire, to the wolves and he'll be better for it....jmo

#145 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,739 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

I'm just ready for people to look past the quarterback as the issue on this team. It has been clear for the past few years that coaching and play calling have been a huge disappointment. Peyton Manning couldn't even win 9 games in this offense.

#146 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,496 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

I don't understand all this back and forth. I'm a Matt Moore fan, but I have no problem with the decision to start Clausen. This offense needs a spark, plus Jimmy Clausen has quicker feet than I thought he did, so he should help out the O-line a little bit by avoiding the rush and getting rid of the ball quicker.

yeah, but there is a distinct problem outside of QB going on here.....I mean, who starts a rookie QB week 3 as a means to solve offensive problems? Likely, QB plays gets worse or stays the same from this move.

I don't have a problem with it but the move likely doesn't make us better.....it just starts the developments of a rookie QB.

QB moves ain't gonna fix what is wrong in Carolina. It might mask the problem for a game or 2 but the same isssues are gonna comeback.

#147 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,742 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

That is my point exactly. Seems the clausen folks are so glad he is starting they want to hassle folks that were on Moore's bandwagon and now are on Clausen's. Seem to me that is what Panther fans should do, support the starter whoever that is whether they like him or not.

I have not been a big Clausen supporter but before it was announced today said he should get a chance to start on Sunday. Don't know why there has to be a Moore versus Clausen mentality. I want whoever can win and I don't care it was Pike or Edwards for that matter.

#148 HPPantherzfan

HPPantherzfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:24 PM

That is my point exactly. Seems the clausen folks are so glad he is starting they want to hassle folks that were on Moore's bandwagon and now are on Clausen's. Seem to me that is what Panther fans should do, support the starter whoever that is whether they like him or not.

I have not been a big Clausen supporter but before it was announced today said he should get a chance to start on Sunday. Don't know why there has to be a Moore versus Clausen mentality. I want whoever can win and I don't care it was Pike or Edwards for that matter.

Its like that because thats not how it was! You and a couple others wanted Moore to start no questions asked! You didn't support a competetion it was Moores job by default and some of us thought that was just not right! It wasn't who is better it was start Moore NOW! So you get what you have now because anyone that has supported Clausen from the beginning were pretty much called idiots and told we didn't know what we were talking about. I predicted a week six start by Jimmy so I guess on that note I am an idiot, I should have predicted week 3!

;)

#149 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

yeah, but there is a distinct problem outside of QB going on here.....I mean, who starts a rookie QB week 3 as a means to solve offensive problems? Likely, QB plays gets worse or stays the same from this move.

I don't have a problem with it but the move likely doesn't make us better.....it just starts the developments of a rookie QB.

QB moves ain't gonna fix what is wrong in Carolina. It might mask the problem for a game or 2 but the same isssues are gonna comeback.

Actually, lots of teams will start a rookie QB if the starter is struggling. This is not unusual at all, especially when the rookie is already used to the style of offense they're running. Pretty much everybody knew that Clausen was the most pro ready QB in the draft, and that he landed in the perfect situation here in Carolina.

#150 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,742 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:27 PM

I won't name names, so nobody take it personally..

But people saying oh your gonna be screaming for pike as soon as jimmy throws a pick or 3 & out or bla bla bla...

Most people who say that poo are just trying to save face because they supported Moore and never really thought Jimmy would get a chance so soon and now their very afraid that hes gonna come in and be great. They wont admit this and thats fine.

Jimmy fans, dont curb your enthusiasm or lower your expectations. Jimmy is is ready for the pressure and embraces it. People have long been waiting for great qb play in Carolina...just alot of them never predicted it would be Clausen and def. not this soon. Because of that they'd rather save face on a message board than get behind him.

Actually I think you are way off base. I admit I didn't think Clausen would play this soon but honestly nothing Moore did in gametime would suggest he would play so poorly, but he has and many of us who were Moore supporters are ready to see what Clausen can do. Why? Because we are not a playoff team and if this is a rebuilding year we need to see which of these guys is going to be a keeper or not.

As for Jimmy being ready, again, lets see. Hopefully you are right. But when folks laugh at your unbridled and unproven cheering for Jimmy, take it for what it is. Not romancing him until he at least shows a reason to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com